It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a patients ghost return to thank me?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: skido

Thank you. I do totally agree

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Jimjolnir

That is for sharing that was an awesome story. Sometimes when people struggle with a loss the departed will show themselves to comfort those left behind.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Thank you. My partner and I both give our best on every call. But even though the outcome wasn't what we hoped it was nice to grant a final wish

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Jrock272

Well whatever or whoever you saw. Looks like they just wanted to say hi. Did you wave back? I suppose meeting casper the friendly ghost would be better then meeting casper the moody ghost.

As for your questions, well it can be whatever you want it to be, such things are open to interpretations.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Thank you. I knew reception would be mixed but while I respect all opinions I appreciate those who do not judge.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The man could have came to anyone, given the limited time and energy he had left after a transition like that

But he came to you, thats the best thank you ever.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

That is a great question but I am sorry I dont have an answer for you. As I said I only saw him for a short time but he looked "alive" I guess you could say I couldn't see through him it was as if a real person was standing there.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I was in the process of looking down at my equipment but when it registered I looked up and he was gone.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well, in any case its sometimes better not to acknowledge people you just meet for a brief period of time be they ghost or not.

Who knows you could have waved back and that dude would be sticking around haunting you for the next few years, like a bad roommate, or a stray coon, you feed it once, now it wont go away, every night it just hangs around waiting for a snack. You never know, could just be Casper the intrusive nosy ghost.

Or, maybe your just seeing things because your tired. Anyways.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Interesting story. It reminds me of my grandfather who worked into his 90's on his farm until his eyesight went out, and he had to outsource the labor. He wanted to die, and I'd constantly have dreams of him. He'd always be on a staircase, but there was always an obstacle in the way.

When he was in his deathbed he gifted me a guitar, and I rushed to my parents house to grab it. I went home and played it for hours only to get a phonecall later saying he passed. I like to think I played him out...

He'd always rub my fiance's wedding finger when they talked. I wish he'd be here for the wedding this weekend.

I believe you saw something real and something beautiful.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Nothing but respect for people like you. a reply to: Jrock272

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Reminds me of a crazy experience of mine. I had just started working nights on the Neuro floor. Around 3am I saw a little old lady walking about in the room across from me. I called to ask her if she was all right. She walked to the door, I again asked he if she was alright. She smiled and went back into the room.

To make sure she he was okay, I walked in the room and it was empty. No one in the bathroom, and bed untouched. It gets better.

When I asked about the patient in the room, the unit secretary said that the room is empty. When I told her I had seen a patient in that room, the look on her face changed. She told me other people had seen her too. A couple days later one of the nurses asked me what the patient looked like that I had seen. I told her, she said that many people had described pretty much the same patient that had died in that room about three years ago. She said they think she likes it here and doesn't want to leave. Everyone said she looked happy to them.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I would like to think he came back to give a little nod to your efforts OP. There is no way to be certain I guess, but since my father passed in August of last year, I have had a number of things happen that I think only could be him.

The one that remains with me the most, is a dream I had on Christmas morning. I was dreading Christmas because of him being gone. That morning just before waking up I had a dream that we were all at a get together, and he was there telling us that he was fine. Seemed so real I can't help but think that he came back to comfort me.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jrock272
Ok so a little background. I work in the EMS field on an ambulance. I have been on for nearly 3 years.

So one night around 8 pm my partner and I were dispatched for an Ill person. We rspond as usual and found a 74 y/o man who looked terrible. He was sweating profusely even though it was around 70 degrees in the house.
So we go through our assessment and this guys blood pressure is in the tank, his pulse is rapid and irregular and his oxygenation is in the high 80s. We run an EKG of his heart and it comes up as an abnormal finding. At this point my partner and I initiated treatment as per protocol. The whole time we are doing this the man keeps begging us not to let him die before he sees his family one last time. We try to reassure him and get moving because he needed a hospital. So we get him on the gurney and start moving to the ambulance.

Right before we get to the ambulance I look back and notice him going limp. I try to rouse him by calling out to him but get no response. We check our monitor and confirm what we already knew. He was in cardiac/ respiratory arrest.

We jump into action starting compressions and dropping a tube then using a BVM to breathe for him. My partner gets an IV line and we start giving medication. We then run lights and sirens to the hospital unload and finally get a heartbeat and breathing back before transferring him to hospital staff. Shortly after the transfer the mans family arrived.

As we usually do we finished our paperwork get our equipment ready a d head back out to run other calls. We went about our shift and that call kind of got pushed to the back of my mind.

A few hours later we were dropping off another patient who was being kind of difficult so I had to stay and deal with them. After turning the second patient over I was in the hallway stripping the gurney when I see the first patient from earlier standing in the hallway he looked directly at me smiled and waved. I was busy with my equipment and looked down as he waved but when I looked up he was gone. So I finished what I was doing went out loaded my gurney.

Then it hit me. Patients who code like that arent usually getting up and walking around hours afterward. So I went in and glanced in the room to see a completely different patient occupying the room. So I walked over to the charge nurse asking about the patients outcome only to be told that he had kind of come around after we dropped him off and his family had gotten there to sit with him but about a half hour later he had gone into cardiac arrest again and had passed on.

Now I know this nurse well and he is not a jokester but still I asked him if he was serious and he assured me he was even presenting his notepad with the time of death.

Now I am neither a skeptic or believer I am kind of on the fence. But I know what I saw that night. So I would like your thoughts. Was I just overly tired? Was it my imagination? Or did the spirit of the man just want to thank me for allowing him his last wish of seeing and being able to say bye to his family?

This is a great account of an incredible experience. Thank you for posting this.

It's sad to me that so many refuse -- desperately -- to accept what is the most "rational" explanation of stories like this: that you did encounter the spirit of the man you helped fulfill his dying wish. It obviously meant everything to him that he visits with his family one final time.

No, you weren't too tired. Most of us have been extremely tired at some point and don't hallucinate. The explanation that you saw a relative who resembled the patient is even more ridiculous and laughable. People insist on living in denial that we're spiritual beings that have immeasurable qualities, qualities that "science" cannot touch. The problem, especially here in Western countries, is that our scientific world almost entirely rejects a crucial aspect of our existence -- the spiritual -- and focus entirely on physical, measurable data. We are more than data and we are genuinely missing the boat by persisting with such ignorance disguised as science.

What you saw was a hint at that and you are fortunate to get that message.
edit on 10-4-2019 by Visiting ESB because: clarify sentence

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

'Korean sure' , hey?

When I saw my uncle he was also solid, like he was really there in the flesh.
I forgot to mention his smile..

I've seen other ghosts, or apparition-things..
Most just fuzzy outlines or wispy shadows. My uncle is the most clear I've seen. Next to that was a nanny I saw carrying a baby, walking through my lounge. They were transparent, detailed, but like a blue/grey faded photograph....

I prefer rational explanations, like fatigue, or something. But, but, but, I'm of the opinion that at least some of these are not just an hallucination.

The having-run-far-away-from-the-box part of me likes to imagine that dispersed through the framework of reality are scattered pieces of data, for lack of better terms, similar to looking to recover data from an overwritten Hard drive. Also kinda similar to how our bodies, our DNA, rewrite themselves, the same but different. Maybe some sectors are just lucky to not be written over so completely so quickly.

I'll be quiet now..

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
To be clear, sometimes the ONLY rational explanation is that you've seen a ghost. There is nothing irrational about that conclusion.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I've researched and investigated the paranormal for years, but have no REAL knowledge of what ghosts/spirits/whatever are all about any more than the next guy.

However, experience has led me to believe that perhaps not everyone has the ability to see them. And are they really always physical manifestations, or maybe they are 'projecting' their appearance into the mind of the viewer, versus actually being there.

This would help explain the difficulty of capturing much on film aside from dust, bugs etc. Of course at times it seems they actually are there, but a photo may show nothing or a light or distortion, but not what the viewer sees. There have been reports of multiple people claiming to see a spirit at the same time, but each person sees different things.

I guess I understand why some look away when they see something, but if i see something like that, I wouldn't look away for any reason for fear it would disappear. I'm just too curious!

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well, sounds like a normal happening in the world of EMS.

Long-assed hours, overdosing on caffeine, and extreme highs on adrenaline followed by extreme lows of driving and paperwork.

Who knows. We see alot of weird stuff in this field. Some of the things people tell us in the back of the bus, or the things we see... Most of it gets lost within the day-to-day, but stays with us somewhere.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
No, probably not.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I'm a mad scientist, so I try to science everything.

I cannot explain Ghost sightings, only theorise. How can one person be alive and dead? Schroedinger must be turning in his grave. The multiverse came to mind, but who cares, at least you had a pleasant encounter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join