It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump fires Secret Service director

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
Interesting development. We seem to be inching closer and closer to having a sub-group within the government that has special rights and privileges.

I wonder if they will rename it all when they're done with rebuilding and restructuring for a new purpose. I always thought Gestapo was a cool word.

LOL. You're way late to the party dude. What you're describing is already here, it's called the left and the deep state and yes, Gestapo among a few other names I can come up with are probably fitting.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So you were cool with it when Obama "did it" and you're cool with trump doing it. If Obama jumped off a cliff....

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
ATTENTION!

This is NOT the Political Mudpit!

'Muddy' posts are subject to being removed amid penalties. ATS is a place for civilized discussion, not political attacks.

You have been warned. Do not reply to this post.

TheRedneck
ATS Forum Moderator/Member

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

If you ask me, which I guess you did, Trump has always been after one thing since being elected. He is after a Trumpian coup. He wants to turn the government into his own little fiefdom and run the country like a king. Filling his cabinet with flunkies and '' yes men'' until all opposing voices are silenced.

That’s hilarious 😂

Or... he’s doing what everybody voted in him to do, DRAIN THE SWAMP

Not sure if you’d noticed, a coup was exposed recently ? One for the history books, enjoy the show
edit on 9-4-2019 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

If you ask me, which I guess you did, Trump has always been after one thing since being elected. He is after a Trumpian coup. He wants to turn the government into his own little fiefdom and run the country like a king. Filling his cabinet with flunkies and '' yes men'' until all opposing voices are silenced.

That’s hilarious 😂

Not sure if you’d noticed, a coup was exposed recently ? One for the history books, enjoy the show

Since he took office, most of the swamp he has drained is the swamp he populated.

I agree though, that Trump has a very Trumpian strategy for dealing with those who don't agree with him. Which is, fire them. This would be a sound strategy if Trump was an actual expert on.. well, everything - but he isn't. But he believes he is. And since he knows best, if you don't align with his thinking, you are out.

I once worked for a company whose leadership dumped everyone who wasn't on board with their plan, much of which was not a good plan. If you dared let them know that their business decisions were not sound, you were fired. I'm no longer there, but apparently they are going under quickly. Mass exodus aside from the many people they let go, and not listening to the PROFESSIONALS they hired to do their jobs.

Trump hires professionals - then fires them, because their opinions don't match his reality (in his own head). I bet his staff is miserable, every single day.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

But just how well a postus performs that duty is for all of us to judge.

When hate clouds judgment, it is no longer judgment. It is whining.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

That’s hilarious 😂

Since he took office, most of the swamp he has drained is the swamp he populated.

I agree though, that Trump has a very Trumpian strategy for dealing with those who don't agree with him. Which is, fire them. This would be a sound strategy if Trump was an actual expert on.. well, everything - but he isn't. But he believes he is. And since he knows best, if you don't align with his thinking, you are out.

I once worked for a company whose leadership dumped everyone who wasn't on board with their plan, much of which was not a good plan. If you dared let them know that their business decisions were not sound, you were fired. I'm no longer there, but apparently they are going under quickly. Mass exodus aside from the many people they let go, and not listening to the PROFESSIONALS they hired to do their jobs.

Trump hires professionals - then fires them, because their opinions don't match his reality (in his own head). I bet his staff is miserable, every single day.

I can't remember what its called of the top of my head, but this is a fairly common practice in the professional world. Its not unlike independent contracting however.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

And while that sounds great and all, and likely true to some extent it does not play into my assessment of Trump.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

And while that sounds great and all, and likely true to some extent it does not play into my assessment of Trump.

Denial is one of the steps that must be traversed in order to gain a better understanding.
edit on 9-4-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Pulling cliches out of a bag of fortune cookies does not a wise man make, rather it is a tool of simpletons.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Pulling cliches out of a bag of fortune cookies does not a wise man make, rather it is a tool of simpletons.

Mockery of wise sayings is a tool of the simpletons.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

No mockery of wise sayings, just a note on the fact that they are a dime a dozen and can give a false sense of wisdom to those who use them.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

No mockery of wise sayings, just a note on the fact that they are a dime a dozen and can give a false sense of wisdom to those who use them.

A false sense of wisdom is not following wise sayings just because you believe they are 'a dime a dozen'.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

A false sense of wisdom is not following wise sayings just because you believe they are 'a dime a dozen'.

"Criticism of someone more intelligent than you is just adolescent whining"

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

"Criticism of someone more intelligent than you is just adolescent whining"

Intelligence is arguable, wisdom is not.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Every president has chosen who THEY want to work for them. Nothing new here.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Maybe it's time the US citizens studied Germany from 1929 to 1939... The similarities are quite astonishing, it makes what comes next complete sense. The US is so Rabbid about taking Venezuelan oil, it's like the economy is depending on it now that Syria has hit the proverbial fan... crash is coming, US corporations are laden with unpayable debt... Was it good while it lasted?

edit on 10-4-2019 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DreamerOracle
Maybe it's time the US citizens studied Germany from 1929 to 1939... The similarities are quite astonishing, it makes what comes next complete sense. The US is so Rabbid about taking Venezuelan oil, it's like the economy is depending on it now that Syria has hit the proverbial fan... crash is coming, US corporations are laden with unpayable debt... Was it good while it lasted?

"Venezuelan Oil"?

Seriously? Currently under the impression that the United States is fairly self-sufficient now; in fact, the US produces its own oil.

We are seriously not going to see anything comparable to 2003 et cetera et cetera. No need to go traipsing around the world seeking such resources.

The United States produced 9.2 MILLION barrels of oil per day in the first 3 months of 2016

The United States produced 15.65 MILLION barrels of oil per day in 2017 and had a 16% share of the global oil market
edit on 10-4-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

Every president has chosen who THEY want to work for them. Nothing new here.

Well,,,,,,,,,sure..

However, if you recall, one of Trump's campaign promises was to drain the swamp. This was to be done by hiring the ''the best people'', His claim was that he knew the best people to hire. This one one of his biggest promises.

Yet then he began to hire people and many of them proved to be right out of the swamp. As well he dismisses appointees left and right because it seems he is still searching for the ''best people''

It has been reported by many who have worked under him that he requires an oath of loyalty, not to the country but to him personally. It also appears that anyone who disagrees with him is let go or let go with acrimony. As we look at his cabinet almost a quarter of the cabinet positions are run by ''acting'' secretaries, many of which have no experience of work in the fields of which they are secretaries over.

So sure, all presidents hire people who they think and feel that will not only work in the best interests of the presidential agenda, but as well that they believe that the president can work with and trust their expertise when it does not mesh with the potus understanding of things. This president has shown the opposite. When anyone with expertise voices contradictory information from what the potus believes they are ridiculed and or fired.

You may of course take this all with a grain of salt, that is paying it no mind. There are however others of us who take these tell tale signs seriously and who propose that this president is not except in superficial ways, like all presidents before him and indeed is in need of closer scrutiny.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join