It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define Reality...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
"Reality" is consensus, however, proving reality is impossible because each of the 5 senses can be deceived.

we are a 4D being looking at 2D information projected in 3D world. So there may be errors....

But I repeat myself, or you have Deja vu!!
edit on 5-4-2019 by thedigirati because: I can

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
In The Beginning God Created The Matrix (Heavens & Earth)

I.E.: the fabric of time-space in which we Garden Dwellers were supposed to create landscapes/biospheres/Worlds for the purpose of transforming the sterile & elemental universe into an organic/living/self-sustaining Universe of connected 'Oasis'
edit on th30155449484505072019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was an idiot kid I took a bus one time into another town for the first time. Wow all this is just independently here. Not looking out the windows of my parents car. It's not on a track or a computer simulation or painting . They have flight simulators where you see a video game of flying a plane. First flight looking outside is that just animation going by like roadrunner or is that "the real". This place is like Eden or Zion , paradise. I am not the only person alive and it's all my show done by aliens or robots or God . The matrix is an idea but not all of reality.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
That which doesn't disappear when one opens or closes their eyes.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nemonimity
That which doesn't disappear when one opens or closes their eyes.

I think they were trying to do a philosophical proof . I read this whole thread and it was pissing me off. I could've Wikipedia d the mention, but I choose not to. Reality just go outside you don't have to be a poet.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Reality is Monday morning.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

No one is thinking.
No one is acting.

I'd hate to be behind you at a cafe after you ordered your coffee. I'd be waiting forever as you quote to the barista demanding payment.

"was that one lump of reality or 2, dine-in or to go"

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

"Define Reality"

We work with the tools we have in the box.

Perspective defines reality.

And ours is so very, very limited.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Reality is now , what has passed is a memory so fiction and what is to come may never come , reality is what you perceive at this moment.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's like asking what gravity is.

Far as we can determine, and as you know, it's a force, but is it a particle or a wave?

Reality i suppose is even more complicated, as it's most lightly a collection of forces, interacting with one another in space-time, in ways we have yet to fully realize or understand, at both the macro and quantum levels, nevermind everwhere else in between.

Reality is apparently an 11-dimensional beast.

And us being rather 3 dimensional, 4 dimensional at a push, simply don't have the mental capacity nor tools to understand the totality of it all.

But from our very limited perspective reality would seem to be nothing more than a short-lived burst of photons.

Not that it's not nice to ponder all the same.
edit on 5-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I am sorry for detailing this thread. You know the people on this site use search engines and have battle of the intellectual s. The concept of the matrix was based on life and reality. I was reading this thread and thought of some pre matrix ideas. Movies like Dark City and Vanilla Sky tackle the idea that not everything is what it seems. I have schizophrenia and spent years in a waking dream. I read about lucid dreaming and doing reality tests to see if your awake or in a dream. I am sorry I didn't explain myself in first post. The thin ki ng reality is an illusion or delusion or there is a deeper meaning is popular and sorry I dismissed it. My first lucid dream I realized I was dreaming was in a danger room ( x men ) of psych I was running on a treadmill and started floating as i was running then realized I could do anything and imagined a woman and started fooling around. "Dreams are only as good as they last, what more can you say about life" Stephen LaBerge

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Reality is now , what has passed is a memory so fiction and what is to come may never come , reality is what you perceive at this moment.

What about the recollection of a past event, that is happening in the now?
(Not the past event, but the thinking of it in the present.)

Also: not a planned future supposed event: but the engaging in the thought of it, in the now?

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Firebrand1105volunteer

Look at it this way mate, and i suffer from a few mental ailments myself, PTSD being one of them.

To be sane in an insane world is sheer lunacy in itself, nevermind downright counterproductive.

That being said, when we lose our rather tenuous grip on what we imagine to be reality bad things tend to happen.

Anchors, or so it seems are rather important if not somewhat limiting to our perspective.

Nietzsche said " if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."

But "There be dragons there" and then some, and dragons are interesting.

edit on 5-4-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Firebrand1105volunteer

It's always nice to see a person with a good heart.

You, and your ideas and opinions are welcome here.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Agreed.

Everyone is looking for reality.......
Look for what is looking (perceiving).

'The one you are looking for is the one that is looking' Saint Francis of Asissi.

edit on 6-4-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   
"Been looking for you everywhere..... how beautiful that it was you who was looking"
Rebekah Maroon.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: shapur

the victims families of ted bundy spree would vehemently disagree

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Reality is a shared, agreed-upon delusion. If two people point at a rock, and agree that it's a rock, then the rock is real. Without that agreement, there is no reality.

Reality doesn't require there to be any "objective" evidence. We all agree that dreams exist, they are real, but all evidence of dreams is completely anecdotal. If you were the only one in the world having dreams, you could not say for sure that they were real and you might be killed or locked up if you kept insisting you had them.

So it's a mental process first and foremost -- cognito ergo sum -- and if you lose your consciousness through drugs or injury or death, you will learn that it has no substance. No time passing. No perception. Negative blackness. Nothing. When you're awake, your brain interprets your very limited perceptions so you can function in a reality you can marginally comprehend, but there's no real way to tell what the actual, real shape or form of reality is.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Reality is the root mean square of potential x realization. All of you people cheated through high school, you are uneducated morons who will never understand the universe, because you lied your ways through life.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join