It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little playing and experimenting in "Fluid Acrylic Art" medium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I've been amazed at this particular style of art recently. To me, it replicates the natural world of simple building blocks creating complexity. Taking a few different colors, layering them in a cup, repeating the sequence, then simply and slowly pouring it out onto the canvas results in the mixture of densities and qualities self organizing. But, to reveal the underlying beauty, you need to stretch the mixture out on the canvas by simply tilting it in various directions.

This self organization is not unlike the way the natural world works to create a myriad of forms and repetitive shapes.
Size: 10"x10" canvas

Link to Full Size Image
edit on 4/4/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I think that's gorgeous.

My wife has been on me to play with the medium a bit and make a coffee table with the results on top.

You've made me want to actually do that...

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I think that's gorgeous.

My wife has been on me to play with the medium a bit and make a coffee table with the results on top.

Please, go for it! You'll seal it with resin to finish, right?

Then take pics and post on ATS, I'd love to see the final result.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Lumenari

I think that's gorgeous.

Please, go for it! You'll seal it with resin to finish, right?

Then take pics and post on ATS, I'd love to see the final result.

My wife is a silversmith, a painter and does jewelry... like she makes her own links and makes the chain and then goes from there. She makes rings from quarters and silver dollars. She tumbles her own rocks and makes her own settings.

I....

Can make an excellent beer, grow things really well and make an amazing dinner.

So this is 20,000 leagues out of my experience zone, but I was thinking I can do it.

I've a shop I can sneak out to so the first 27 results that look like vomit can be safely thrown away.

I'm going to give it a shot.

Thanks!!!!

edit on 4-4-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Here is another piece I made tonight. I call it, "Wolf 357" since I can see a pink wolf profile facing left in the mid-upper left.

Link to Full Size Image

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
I've been amazed at this particular style of art recently. To me, it replicates the natural world of simple building blocks creating complexity. Taking a few different colors, layering them in a cup, repeating the sequence, then simply and slowly pouring it out onto the canvas results in the mixture of densities and qualities self organizing. But, to reveal the underlying beauty, you need to stretch the mixture out on the canvas by simply tilting it in various directions.

This self organization is not unlike the way the natural world works to create a myriad of forms and repetitive shapes.
Size: 10"x10" canvas

Link to Full Size Image

Beautiful.

Would you do one with pinks and bright oranges? Especially with some hot pink, like sunset colors. I love that color combo.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yes! You posted this one at the same time I posted the request for one wih pinks and oranges

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have been doing this. I have been using art resin too, I add shark teeth to my beach scenes and they turn out great
You can look at my Instagram if you want....search j.humm66

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

That's great. Don't be intimidated, here is a YouTube link to an awesome artist that is also a great video instructor in this medium.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

My wife has been kind enough to message me with 6458763509673409567340967309673 youtube videos on the subject.

I'm thinking she is hinting at something.

Not entirely sure though... perhaps I should ask her.

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I have a buddy he does that. Has a large kiddie pool filled with the viscous ooze, throws the oil paints across the surface and dips 3D shaped objects into it. Brilliant stuff this tech!

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
I have been doing this. I have been using art resin too, I add shark teeth to my beach scenes and they turn out great

You should post some pics of your work.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   

This is... better than I thought!
Im taking both of these with me. Sorry.

Looks like satellite photos of exoplanets.
edit on 4/5/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Isn't it crazy: how those are so beautiful?

Even without explanation; nor intellectualization; nor over-analysis; nor pareidolia?

Just deeply beautiful.
Then the other stuff is the way we silly apes have fun, no?

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I like this one a lot.

It's stunning and trippy.

If you look at it dead in the middle and hold your eyes still it's almost if some of it moves.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Isn't it crazy: how those are so beautiful?

Even without explanation; nor intellectualization; nor over-analysis; nor pareidolia?

Just deeply beautiful.
Then the other stuff is the way we silly apes have fun, no?

I hear ya. And the act of making them is very peaceful...serene. It instill and reinforces patience to allow gravity and the natural forces of fluid dynamics to take over for you....and don't get in her way.

All too often I overthink.........and this provides me that outlet to stop all that and just let nature happen.

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm

Sort of like this??

new topics

top topics

join