It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BlackPeopleTwitter on Reddit now banning white users.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
As the title implies.

There's a subreddit on Reddit called "Black People Twitter". It's meant to highlight black twitter users and black culture. Recently, however, the moderators of that subreddit went full segregation. They have banned white people from posting on thier subreddit. You can see the screenshot of their announcement below.

Now, here's the thing. It's a pretty standard opinion that if the sub reddit "White People Twitter", which does exist, did the same thing...there would be a major social rally against it. People would cry racism. No doubt, racism exists online. But a social media giant like Reddit should probably pull the reigns in on something like this. So far, they haven't. They're allowing an openly racist subreddit to exist.

I like Reddit...I like how each subreddit can make their own rules as they see fit. But this crosses the lines of social progression (no, not from a political stance...just from a "can't we all just get along" stance). This is more Malcolm X than it is MLK. It's the difference between transactional and transformational leadership.

Go scroll through their subreddit. This is not a healthy place for any kind of conversation to be had. It is literally a melting pot of one-way racism. Mods, let me know if I'm not supposed to link it and I'll delete it.

Black People Twitter on Reddit

Edit: One way they are verifying black users, is by having them write their user name on their arm. This way they can see the user is a black person.
edit on 3-4-2019 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
How do they know what color someone is?

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So.....on April’s Fools Day, they asked you to apologize for whiteness and to verify yo black?
I think....you need to rethink this.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
How do they know what color someone is?

My understanding is that Reddit's verification system is up to the moderators of each subreddit. In this case, it looks like they're having people write their user name on their arm and posting a picture of it for verification. Others just make you send in a picture of you holding a piece of paper up with your user name. It's not perfect...but it's usually not a big deal to verify a user.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
So.....on April’s Fools Day, they asked you to apologize for whiteness and to verify yo black?
I think....you need to rethink this.

Then why is it still up? Users questioned that...but the announcement remains. And you have to request approval to post and get verified before doing so. I did think through it.

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I'm nearly 48 yrs old and my generation was one of the first to be taught we are all the same.
Racism is bad, let's work together for a better future for all.
We were the first to truely embrace black athletes and actors.
We reached out and extended our hands in friendship only to have someone spit in our face and call us white devils.

I for one am done trying.
But I will not be one to suffer in silence.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Ohh for the love of god it’s obviously a April fools joke.

But still any excuse to say black ma bad, without appearing to be racist right?

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It was 2 days ago and still up. It’s no longer a joke. Please don’t imply I’m a racist.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

and if white people pulled a stunt like this for april fools?

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

Its racist to point out different standards.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I'm nearly 48 yrs old and my generation was one of the first to be taught we are all the same.
We reached out and extended our hands in friendship only to have someone spit in our face and call us white devils.

Yeah keep playing that harp. Don't you get it the race war is here and no amount of "let's work together for a better future..." will change things. Obama created the perfect environment, black people took the bait and now white people play the tune doing it to themselves. Sad but true.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Why would a white person want to be on that anyways? Why do we act shocked when blacks exclude us? I have no doubt if most thought they could put us in chains in 2019, they would. They would call it justice for what happened over 4 centuries ago.

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

"Hypocrisy is the mother of all evil and racial prejudice is still her favourite child."
- Don King

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

It was 2 days ago and still up. It’s no longer a joke. Please don’t imply I’m a racist.

You may not be a racist, but you are obviously an idiot.

You can go on the sub right now and post if you’d like...

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

No it's not. They've gone all in on this one judging by the writeup, the writeup on the other subreddit, and the setting up of the white people segregation subreddit.

19 hours ago: "This isn’t a joke. We sick of y’alls #"

There's a reason the British Civil Service always releases embarrassing documents on April 1st as well. Great day to do unpopular/stupid things you always wanted to do because of the incredibly moronic "tradition".

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

No it's not. They've gone all in on this one judging by the writeup, the writeup on the other subreddit, and the setting up of the white people segregation subreddit.

19 hours ago: "This isn’t a joke. We sick of y’alls #"

There's a reason the British Civil Service always releases embarrassing documents on April 1st as well. Great day to do unpopular/stupid things you always wanted to do because of the incredibly moronic "tradition".

How many morons does it take to get verified on BPT?

link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Why would a white person want to be on that anyways? Why do we act shocked when blacks exclude us? I have no doubt if most thought they could put us in chains in 2019, they would. They would call it justice for what happened over 4 centuries ago.

El oh el.

link   

Everyone on BPT is white, pretty much - I think this may be an April Fool's seeing as how it was posted then
v

Top mod comment: ALSO, PLEASE unsubscribe if you don't support our black king Jussie Smollett !

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I have no doubt if most thought they could put us in chains in 2019, they would. They would call it justice for what happened over 4 centuries ago.

Well if that's the case (for the sake of historical accuracy) then they should put in chains their own kind who enslaved them and then sold them to Muslim slave masters (arabs, north africans) who in turn sold the slave to white people. But is easy to blame the white people. The reason goes deeper than just slavery. The hate toward white people has been brewed for generation due to their superiority in every field. Civilization as we know it is a product of white people but knowing human nature, that doesn't sit well with other races. Time to take revenge on whites.
edit on 3-4-2019 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

As long as there is BS like this in the world, I don't want to hear crap about Racism or White Privilege or Whites being Racist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join