It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here in to tabletop miniature wargaming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm just starting to build some Napoleonic armies in 20mm (odd scale I know but I have my reasons) and plan on doing everything from crafting my own terrain and buildings to making my own figures eventually. Just thought I'd reach out and see if anyone else here enjoys blackpowder or hail caesar on a table top.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

WWII - in 15mm

warhammer 40k [ dont judge me too harshly
]

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Are you in a club? I don't know anyone in my area interested unfortunately. i would enjoy WW2 myself but I can only afford and have time to pursue a single scale and period. I do see the advantages of 15mil and 6 mm, you can make vast armies. I went for 20mm because I played with Airfix as a kid (when a box cost 39 cents) as well as the RoCo tanks in 1/87. Just big enough to get some detail but small enough to make larger formations. I don't have 10 G to blow and making a division of 28mm Napoleonics.

Are there any rule sets you find better or more fun than others for WW2?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I used to play WW2, but that was many years ago. Oddly I still have some of my figures and some other stuff. As a model railroader I got pretty good at making scenery.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lonegurkha

I love model railroading too. Like I said, too many hobbies not enough money or room. That''s why I'm selling off all my music gear collected over 40 years (almost all). I'm done playing in bands and home recording isn't any fun by yourself. At least I can finance my new Napoleonic habit.

Got any favorite stores you shop from? I like to make what I can from scraps and trash and i have most of the tool I need. Right now I'm peeling corrugated cardboard so I can make some plowed field. Also looks right for log cabin walls, gabions and wood reinforced entrenchments. Amazing what some glue and paint can do. I'm having a ball with this stuff and look forward to creating my own game rules despite dozens being available. Must be the Napoleon in me.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals I had a small warhammer 40k army. And have gotten into x-wing a little bit. I really enjoyed the hobbyist aspect of 40k more than actually playing it. Never really delved into terrain building. While modeling I would’ve been lost without my “green stuff”

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I used to have a couple of favorite local stores that I shopped at, but they closed a couple of years ago. I have gotten some good stuff cheap on ebay. Back a while ago I used to play a scifi role playing game called Traveller. The games master used to have an 8ft by 4 foot table with sides that could hold colored sand. He had all kinds of scale trees and hills and such that could be moved around for different game scenarios.

It was very clever and worked quite well for the game. He had figures that were made for the game and were to scale.

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm having issues downloading recent pics but I got one through just to show an example of what I'm up to.
Here's some French Cuirassier (heavy cavalry). So far I'm up around 1,000 figures or so.

top topics

join