It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble posting pics on ATS from an iPad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Well this all makes sense. I’ve done this before. I forgot it gives you an option to resize when saving or sending. THANK YOU!

But I got to say it — DAMN! This is a crap load of steps to take just to upload a pic. Where is the emoji with a gun to the head?

🤯🔫

I feel your frustration.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
By the time you get the pic size down, and run it through some type of converter, you lose the moment. I haven’t been able to post a pic from my iPhone or iPad, because every pic is both wrong size, and wrong extension. It’s too frustrating to change it all, and still not get the pic loaded.

It would be nice if they fixed this, but I’ve given up on that.

Damn, I was hoping for a clear cut solution to this. It appears (as I thought, from my researches through previous threads) that this is futile. It would be nice if more members would flag this thread to catch the attention of Springer and mods. Many users use tablets and not PC’s. Which means this is kind of a big deal.

I originally thought of putting this in the rant forum. But I wanted to make sure that I wasn’t being a complete fool before I did. Well, rant forum here I come.... hopefully it doesn’t get removed.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
That is what I have to do. Convert to png and hope the file size is not too big. And for the record the pixel dimensions are not as important as the detail of the pic which is what the file size is.

There are converters to reduce the file size out there but I haven’t downloaded one yet for a good recommendation. Also important to note that you cannot upload to a particular location (there are four for sorting your pictures on ATS) and have to move after the upload.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
If it makes the op feel better I often use an iPad or iPhone and gave up seems like years ago trying to upload images.
Seem to have other issues using my iPad on occasion such as pop up ads interfering here.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: orionthehunter
If it makes the op feel better I often use an iPad or iPhone and gave up seems like years ago trying to upload images.
Seem to have other issues using my iPad on occasion such as pop up ads interfering here.

I really appreciate your reply. I’m feeling a little more sane now that I know I’m not the only one.

However, I don’t feel better in the sense that my posts will be lacking visual content. It really does make a difference. I want to — but apparently our hands are cuffed in this regard.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Thank you for the insight and reply.

It appears my posts will eternally suck then.

Crawling into hole now.....

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Alright I found a solution that worked for me on an iPad. It involves changing the file extension with a free app called File Master.

Download the free app “Filer Master” (has some annoying adds).

Open File Master.

Tap on the folder “Images”.

Tap on “More” at the bottom right.

Tap on “Import Images”

Select a photo. Import photo.

Select newly imported file.

Select Rename.

Rename image file with lowercase .jpg or .png extension.

Confirm.

Now that file can be uploaded.

——-

In ATS uploads, hit Select Files. The path to the image is Browse > On My IPad > File Master > Image

What a pain.

edit on 13-4-2019 by Tartuffe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tartuffe

Bravo!!! 👏🏽 👏🏽👏🏽

I want to believe, but my iPad is telling me this app costs money??

There are multiple apps called ‘File Manager’.

Is it ‘File Master - document manager’?

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Haha, you're not dumb, this is the most difficult board I have ever been on to post pics..I gave up.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

No, FileMaster, one word.

Link to app
edit on 16-4-2019 by Tartuffe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join