It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble posting pics on ATS from an iPad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Okay, I’ve spent countless hours searching through old threads / posts on how to post pics on ATS from an iPad — to no avail. There are many threads about posting pics, yet it seems the info goes dry when an iPad is brought up. The threads I came across were helpful, but then I hit a wall in the last steps in the process. ATS doesn’t take the pics, they disappear when I hit the ‘cloud’ icon. It states ‘Only image files are supported’. These are saved pics on my iPad, so I have no clue what this is supposed to mean.

Can someone PLEASE help me in figuring out how to do this? I’ve been wanting to make this thread for a long while now, but I didn’t want to sound like an idiot. Now, I don’t care anymore, just want to figure out how to do this. It seems something that should be so easy, is actually pretty complicated or — I’m just an moron. I’ll accept that response too, as long as I get my answers in the end.

Thank you in advance!
edit on 2-4-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Are the files over 2mb?

Edit, if they are try to crop them or tone down the quality.
edit on 2-4-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

Also, it may not be the right file type depending on the original capture device... An easy way to circumvent that would be to take a screenshot and then crop out the top bar.
edit on 2-4-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Are the files over 2mb?

Edit, if they are try to crop them or tone down the quality.

Also, it may not be the right file type depending on the original capture device... An easy way to circumvent that would be to take a screenshot and then crop out the top bar.

Thanks for the reply CS. I knew this thread would make me look dumb. Where do I find the file size of the pics? Most of them are screenshots from my iPad, pics taken from my iPhone XS or my old iPhone 7. Even when I’m pulling a pic from the internet it won’t take it.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I've had the same issue. It's with the file extension. ATS will not allow the .jpeg extension for some odd reason, and every image downloaded from the internet onto the ipad saves as .jpeg. Not sure why either ATS or ipad does this.

PNG files will work from ipad, however.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Don't beat yourself up, I tried to upload pics from my phone which takes HDR pics so they're ten times the limit and don't take lol. This is how I know. Most phone cameras take high quality pictures at the expense of memory.

As for seeing their size you should be able to hold the image and click details or something of the sorts.

I've never had an iPad though.

Just did a a search and this how to pops up to check file size though those methods listed seem harder than they should be.

My experience in the past has been Apple is good at making hard things easy and easy things hard.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I found how to resize them. But it does not show what the current size is. And when I make them smaller, it still doesn’t take them.

You’re right, I love Apple and I hate them all the same.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I found how to resize them. But it does not show what the current size is. And when I make them smaller, it still doesn’t take them.

That may not be the issue, simply what happened to be my last issue.

Tartuffe had what seemed to be intimate knowledge of this situation.

Hopefully he knows an easy way to convert without getting an additional app.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe

I've had the same issue. It's with the file extension. ATS will not allow the .jpeg extension for some odd reason, and every image downloaded from the internet onto the ipad saves as .jpeg. Not sure why either ATS or ipad does this.

So are you saying that if it’s a jpeg I’m SOL? Or is there a way to convert a pic to PNG?

Damn this is complicated.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

So are you saying that if it’s a jpeg I’m SOL? Or is there a way to convert a pic to PNG?

link to app converter

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

That may not be the issue, simply what happened to be my last issue.

Tartuffe had what seemed to be intimate knowledge of this situation.

Hopefully he knows an easy way to convert without getting an additional app.

Thanks bro, I appreciate you trying to help.

If I had hair I would pull it out right now. I’m not going to pull out my laptop every time I want to post a pic on here. It seems that all the advice on this subject is either for a PC or the like. Whatever happened to the good ole days of copy and paste... oh yeah, it won’t allow me to do that either from the iPad — not even showing a link to the image. I copy it from my photos, then go to paste, and nothing is there to paste. Only on ATS does it do this.
edit on 2-4-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

No problem man. I had a lot of trouble with it at first, and still use my phone to do it as that's where most of my images are anyways... I've figured out what won't upload and have a easy system for it now that I've done it a bunch...

Check the link I sent you though, I've never used it but these days the apps make things painless enough... You probably should be able to hit a button and convert them.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Well, you got me one step further. I downloaded that app and it showed that the photo was uploading and then completed. But after that, the pic disappears and doesn’t show in the que. This sh!t IS rocket science I guess...

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Yes. I'm at a computer right now. when I change an image extension to .jpeg it gives me the same error. Try it on your laptop.

It was my understanding that ipads use .jpg format, not .jpeg format (which are essentially the same thing). So I'm not sure why mine saves images in .jpeg.

But ATS does not allow .jpeg images for whatever odd reason. All they would have to do is allow the filetype and our issues would disappear.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Well, you got me one step further. I downloaded that app and it showed that the photo was uploading and then completed. But after that, the pic disappears and doesn’t show in the que. This sh!t IS rocket science I guess...

If it shows it loading but then disappears that seems to be the file size is over 2mb... does that app let you select size outcome?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It doesn’t appear I can resize it from the app. It shows the file size as 3877 x 2181. I assume that’s too big? If so, what is the max size I can use? I know you said 2 mb but how does that equate to the 3877 x 2181 figure? Sorry, I guess I am a tad computer illiterate.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Yes. I'm at a computer right now. when I change an image extension to .jpeg it gives me the same error. Try it on your laptop.

It was my understanding that ipads use .jpg format, not .jpeg format (which are essentially the same thing). So I'm not sure why mine saves images in .jpeg.

But ATS does not allow .jpeg images for whatever odd reason. All they would have to do is allow the filetype and our issues would disappear.

Interesting, I wonder if the jpg or jpeg take up more memory on the servers? It sure would be nice to get a mod in here to explain all this. From my own research, it seems that I’m not the only one with this issue.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Well this all makes sense. I’ve done this before. I forgot it gives you an option to resize when saving or sending. THANK YOU!

But I got to say it — DAMN! This is a crap load of steps to take just to upload a pic. Where is the emoji with a gun to the head?

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Well this all makes sense. I’ve done this before. I forgot it gives you an option to resize when saving or sending. THANK YOU!

But I got to say it — DAMN! This is a crap load of steps to take just to upload a pic. Where is the emoji with a gun to the head?

Haha, well it's always the hardest to fish the first time. I still have to go through a few steps on my phone when I want to upload images....

Screenshots on my phone almost always keep the file below 2mb... So even if I have a photo, a lot of the times I screenshot it then crop.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
By the time you get the pic size down, and run it through some type of converter, you lose the moment. I haven’t been able to post a pic from my iPhone or iPad, because every pic is both wrong size, and wrong extension. It’s too frustrating to change it all, and still not get the pic loaded.

It would be nice if they fixed this, but I’ve given up on that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join