It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short guys look out Tinder wants you to verify your height!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
mashable.com...

most guys who state 5'10" as their height on Tinder profiles are actually 5'6"

Ok guys, 4 inches, really? There is no way any girl is going to think you are 5'10. That is a pretty big lie.
I guess it is so bad Tinder is wanting to do a verification of height by having men stand by a building.
This is hilarious!

Before you guys jump all over me, remember that post not so long ago about women "hiding" what they really looked like behind makeup?
Well, it appears that men are doing the same thing.
I'm wondering why men are lying, it's not like it is something that they can hide in person?
There must be a selection that people only pick 5'10 or over or something,
OR......

is it a conspiracy to get mens height....

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Just another way to obtain people's biometrics in order to help fine tune recognition software.

You know, the same reason for the "10 year challenge". So the AI can better predict people's ages and still recognize us...

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

This will have negative impact towards the person seeking the man.

This is a great way to gauge someone right off the bat when entering possible romantic relationships.

Did the person lie about their profile? Would they lie about other things? Why would they lie about this (probably self esteem)? Is that someone I want to date.

Much like when you see a girl who put her picture through 5 snap chat filters and looks like a total babe, and you meet up at the place and she's texting you that you're looking right at her from across the room and you reply "no, no I'm not".

Finding a significant other is like trying to elect a politician. 9 out of 10 are corrupted files.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Just another way to obtain people's biometrics in order to help fine tune recognition software.

You know, the same reason for the "10 year challenge". So the AI can better predict people's ages and still recognize us...

Or 23andMe....

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Finding a significant other is like trying to elect a politician. 9 out of 10 are corrupted files.

I just spit out my Mexican Coke..

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I just spit out my Mexican Coke..

Waste of cane sugar....

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
mashable.com...

most guys who state 5'10" as their height on Tinder profiles are actually 5'6"

Ok guys, 4 inches, really? There is no way any girl is going to think you are 5'10. That is a pretty big lie.
I guess it is so bad Tinder is wanting to do a verification of height by having men stand by a building.
This is hilarious!

Before you guys jump all over me, remember that post not so long ago about women "hiding" what they really looked like behind makeup?
Well, it appears that men are doing the same thing.
I'm wondering why men are lying, it's not like it is something that they can hide in person?
There must be a selection that people only pick 5'10 or over or something,
OR......

is it a conspiracy to get mens height....

Do they make women verify their age?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Do they make women verify their age?

They should, they should also make them take a pic of after just waking up in the morning sans makeup! LOL

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Tinder is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get. And most of em taste and look like crap.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This was a very successful April Fools Joke it seems.

Tinders April Fool's Joke Backfires

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You should see the charts were men rate women's attractiveness vs the one were women rate.

Bell curve from the men

45 degree angle from the ladies....

Lol

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Lol nais

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Why am I the only ATS member who consistently defends dwarves and midgets?

Dwarves & midgets need the lovin too, you know.

Besides, tinders dropdown menu doesn't go below 3'6" for profile make up so you know, 5'10" it is......

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Short people got no reason to live

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hold on isn't tinder the one for gay folk?.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I've never had the mishap of using tinder, but I'd allow it to verify my height as soon as it forced everyone else to verify their BMI, weight, and age

Isn't that an app for finding hoes and/or bros for hooking up, and not for dating? Wouldn't searching by body trait instead of personality actually make sense?

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Besides, tinders dropdown menu doesn't go below 3'6" for profile make up so you know, 5'10" it is......

My dad is a very short man. I have nothing against short men, but I do think it is funny that they lie.

The interesting thing is that my mom and dad are short, VERY short, but all their grandkids are giants. (my grandparent, moms & dads parents were incredibly tall)
Seriously, almost all their grandkids are 6' or taller, including all the girls. Height is a funny thing, sometimes it skips a generation or two.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I state up front that I'm a circus midget, helps break the ice.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I state up front that I'm a circus midget, helps break the ice.

I thought the OP was actually referring to physical height... not mental capacity.

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I've known plenty of people (well, all women in this instance) that had "height requirements". Most of them, after years of failed dates due to highly limiting constraints, realize that it's hard enough to find someone where your personalities line up. Sure, you have to be attracted to the other person, but why exclude large segments of the population just cause you have traditional-role "you still have to be taller than me in my 6-inch heels" issues.

But yeah, dudes/women shouldn't lie about height/weight/age. Just setting yourself up to disappoint. Go with honesty.

Also, does Tinder not understand how April Fools jokes work? They are, ya know, supposed to be done on April 1st, not a few days prior.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join