It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO activity in Northeast Arkansas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well, just got back from work, and I have spotted for the second time in two weeks something unidentified in the air. I don't know what it is, but it has had the same characteristics both times. Last thursday (yes, the night of the jennings special) I spotted a vehicle in the air, lower down, and stay stationary in the sky. White lights and red lights alternating blinking. I tried to take a pic with my camera phone, but the photos didnt come out well (damn sony ericsson phone). Tonight, same object, about 30 min from where I originally saw it last week, this time I pulled over to try to snap a pic with the camera phone, but could not even get it to show up on my camera for some reason (even with night mode on). It was just stationary in the sky. I sit there and attempted to take two pics (which neither picked it up) and then it just whizzed away, not blink of an eye fast, but faster than most planes I've seen.

Freaked me out both times, enough where my back was sweating this last time. I almost wanted to run up to somebody and tell them to look at it (was pulled out by a gas station) but in Arkansas, I figured I would be attacked for being a nut or something (my wife even thinks im going crazy).

I've seen one a long time ago, totally different, but something is going on down here right now, 2 in two weeks is just insane.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Wow, two in two weeks is ode but keep an eye out because if you've seen it twice its probley been seen by other people ask around and post agein

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
triangle aprox. 20 ft on each side with a large white light in the front, two blue flashing light on the back, and small red in center

--That was taken from the Nuforc site, although it was saw in 03, very similiar to what I saw (from what I could make out) and not way off from where I saw it NEA)

link:www.nuforc.org...

[edit on 1-3-2005 by cavitycr33p]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Interesting very discriptive and if this is what you saw it could be a personal sighting. "Some other threds talked about how they can go invisible and tape into mental minds and apear visible to only to you".

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Those sound live nav/landing lights for a plane...not saying it is a plane we have had knowledge discolsed to us on however.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
Those sound live nav/landing lights for a plane...not saying it is a plane we have had knowledge discolsed to us on however.

You know, I would say the same thing, except for the fact that it did not, absolutely, hand to god, move. Both times they were completely stationary. I almost ran off the road watching them, which is why I pulled over initially the second time (and to take the pic). I mean, it was just sitting there floating, and did so while I drove, finally it moved, and rather quickly.

Im gonna take my good sony cam with me next time i work nights (should be thursday). I wont leave for work without it from now on, im just scared ive missed out on capturing these. The first time I did get a pic of something, but it looks like stars. I need to get a data cable to transfer them.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
UFO's search for intelligent life.

Arkansas.

HMMMMMMMM?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by booger
UFO's search for intelligent life.

Arkansas.

HMMMMMMMM?

You know, that pisses me off. Why do you think that everybody from arkansas lives in a barn and doesnt know jack #?

Im a Network engineer/PC technician with a college degree under my belt.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Dude,relax. You probably have a beautiful barn.

I am just kidding.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hi there. I believe you but really think you should consider getting a digital camera. Especially with all that activity in your area..

regards,

Dallas

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

Hi there. I believe you but really think you should consider getting a digital camera. Especially with all that activity in your area..

regards,

Dallas

I've got a sony 3.2 mp ill be taking with me from now on.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Cavity,

If you are ever curious and wonder about the possibility that a UFO sighting might have had more witnesses, I suggest going to the National UFO reporting Center (NUFORC) website and look up your state.

The have sightings listed by state, date posted,shape of UFO, and month occured in.

www.nuforc.org...

I looked up sightings for the month of February of this year, and saw only one that occured in Arkansas.

www.nuforc.org...

Is this familiar to you, or sound like what you saw?

Just because there are no UFO reports on NUFORC for the area doesnt mean nothing happened, it just means no one reported it to NUFORC.

However, if you are interested in activity for your local area or your state in general, NUFORC is a good place to start, as they have the best on line database of sightings.

Check out the database at the beginning of each month, as after the month ends, they will post the list of all sightings reported to them for the previous month. Its a good place to start.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Maybe they were coming to pick up Clinton? Good luck with trying to get a picture.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Cavity,

If you are ever curious and wonder about the possibility that a UFO sighting might have had more witnesses, I suggest going to the National UFO reporting Center (NUFORC) website and look up your state.

The have sightings listed by state, date posted,shape of UFO, and month occured in.

www.nuforc.org...

I looked up sightings for the month of February of this year, and saw only one that occured in Arkansas.

www.nuforc.org...

Is this familiar to you, or sound like what you saw?

Just because there are no UFO reports on NUFORC for the area doesnt mean nothing happened, it just means no one reported it to NUFORC.

However, if you are interested in activity for your local area or your state in general, NUFORC is a good place to start, as they have the best on line database of sightings.

Check out the database at the beginning of each month, as after the month ends, they will post the list of all sightings reported to them for the previous month. Its a good place to start.

Already a few steps ahead of you (see my post earlier referencing a nuforc link) I havent reported mine yet, going to in just a sec.

There are several around the same area from the past few years that are very close to what I saw. It was very dark so I could not tell if it was triangle or not, but give the way the lights were positioned, I wuoldnt think it was round or cigar shaped.

Honestly, Im more inclined to believe it is some goverment secret tests, but who knows. The lights did seem very close to that of a landing planes lights, but the object was stopped in mid air, both times I saw it. I took my camera out this morn on the way to work, and tried to snap the moon while driving (using night mode on cam) and it just made a long streak. Guess Im gonna have to stop and get out the car next time

It will be thursday before I am driving that area at night, I came in early today and get off before night. Im very anxious to go and check it out. One thing I have noticed is that both nights were very, very clear.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What city in Arkansas?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Sounds like the police helicopter that flies around my area every night with its spotlight on.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Isn't Blytheville AFB in that area? If I remember correctly, Blytheville is the home of a B-52 wing.

About 15 years ago my cousin Billy Joe (and no, I am not making that name up) told me that him and a friend saw a black triangular object flying over their campsite in North central Arkansas (though only the leading edge was lit). My father, who was once in the Strategic Air Command, said that this was probably just a B-52 practicing a low-level run... but who knows?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Imagine this at night with the wings lit up... You'd have something that resembled a flying triangle:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavitycr33p
Well, just got back from work, and I have spotted for the second time in two weeks something unidentified in the air. I don't know what it is, but it has had the same characteristics both times. Last thursday (yes, the night of the jennings special) I spotted a vehicle in the air, lower down, and stay stationary in the sky. White lights and red lights alternating blinking. I tried to take a pic with my camera phone, but the photos didnt come out well (damn sony ericsson phone). Tonight, same object, about 30 min from where I originally saw it last week, this time I pulled over to try to snap a pic with the camera phone, but could not even get it to show up on my camera for some reason (even with night mode on). It was just stationary in the sky. I sit there and attempted to take two pics (which neither picked it up) and then it just whizzed away, not blink of an eye fast, but faster than most planes I've seen.

Freaked me out both times, enough where my back was sweating this last time. I almost wanted to run up to somebody and tell them to look at it (was pulled out by a gas station) but in Arkansas, I figured I would be attacked for being a nut or something (my wife even thinks im going crazy).

I've seen one a long time ago, totally different, but something is going on down here right now, 2 in two weeks is just insane.

Ya, where are you in AR dude? I used to live in Batesville, and I saw one there back about a year ago. All it was was a floating orb that pulsated, which reminded me of a radio tower, but when I got to the top of the hill and got a better perspective, I realized that it was above the clouds. At that point, I just got excited and went home to tell everyone what I saw.

I'm now living in WA, where I hear there are a LOT of UFO sightings. Lets hope I see some more.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hey guys, I actually live in Lepanto, which is about a hr drive from Jonesboro. I work in Jonesboro and it is always on Hwy 63 that I see these things.

I did not know about the B-52 being created near here, strange. Like I said, it could very well be goverment related, but It must be something new because it was stationary in the sky, and as far as I know, conventional aircraft can not do this "yet".

EDIT: BTW, I wont be out past dark for the rest of the week, which normally I would be entralled about, but since this stuff has started happening, Im kinda sad to work the early shift, but I still keep my camera near me.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by cavitycr33p]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join