It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Release Body-Cam Video of Willie McCoy Killing, Showing Him Asleep in Car

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'd like to see the security camera footage of the drive-through or other areas covered by surveillance devices. What transpired before he "passed out"? How does one drive to Taco Bell and get into the drive-thru only to suddenly fall asleep so soundly that one cannot be awakened? Is there any backstory about where the victim was prior to his final journey to the location where he met his end?

One member mentioned Narcolepsy, and I suppose that is a possible explanation. The gun on the lap, though, it's more difficult to play devil's advocate with that- really no excuse. If he "needed" a weapon so badly that he had to keep one on his lap, fully loaded or not, he probably shouldn't have risked getting a Cheezy Bean & Rice Burrito with Extra Creamy Jalapeno Sauce. I don't want to be judgmental, but the reality is that I can't help but feel that the guy MOST LIKELY was quite stupid in addition to being intoxicated.

I tend to agree with others that have stated that the show of force that was used against this guy while he was comatose was beyond ridiculous. I'd like to give the cops the benefit of the doubt, but can't say that I think they should "get away" with this without being (at very least) demoted to a position where they are not permitted to carry a firearm, perhaps answering phones for the non-emergency 911 line. They could have evacuated and cordoned off the area, brought in SWAT, maybe even a ROBOT to open the door and grab the gun.

Did the cops ask for any advice from higher up the chain of command? This doesn't strike me as one of those situations where they had to make split second decisions, they probably at least had time to get everybody out of there and still have him surrounded/covered but be at a reasonably safe distance to wait until SWAT arrived.

The town where this happened has a very high crime rate, in fact it is 2nd only to Oakland for murder rate. There probably could have been police armed with scoped rifles on scene in no time.

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Does it matter? He had his weapon drawn and reached for it when officers managed to wake him up

That is the officers' account and I have no reason to doubt it

Second edit: Take all that back. Information now says the firearm was stolen out of Oregon. He not only disobeyed commands not to reach for his unlawfully drawn weapon (ie: no threat present = no reason to draw weapon) but did in fact reach for it. Not to mention his car was running and he was displaying signs consistent with acute drug intoxication. Very dangerous for the public and the officers involved

So what was this crim doing with a stolen gun passed out in a Taco Bell D/T

Let me guess, he has "narcolepsy" and "Forgot I had a stolen firearm-itis". FYI he didn't have narcolepsy, statistically speaking. Only 25/100,000 have that disease. So realistically, the chances of it being drug related is far higher than some obscure disease affecting a person that just so happened to have a stolen firearm on his lap

edit on 4/2/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You know what, those intend on forming a lynch mob will do so anyways. These officers are in the right.

Nobody but the suspect forced this situation. From having (and probably stealing) a stolen firearm, to brandishing the firearm, to ignoring police verbal commands to reaching for the firearm.... those were 100% the choices of the suspect. Officers didn't force one iota of that on him.

Lets just gloss right over the probable drug intoxication too, right? I'd love to see the autopsy report, but we never will because I guarantee what it'd say. yes if I'm wrong I'll eat crow, but if his system was clean his family would have been parading the blood Tox results for all to see. The fact they've been silent on that aspect tells me that the signs of acute drug intoxication he was displaying would be consistent with an actual quantification of drugs in his system

So lets just say this.. a PROBABLE drug user passed out in a running vehicle with a firearm on his lap who then reached for that weapon (as told by several credible witnesses - ie: LEOs). Lets be real, this is some wanna-be gangster who thought he'd play billy bad ass with a gun and drugs and a bad attitude like 99% of those other idiots who got themselves shot by law enforcement

More knee jerking from the anti-police crowd
edit on 4/2/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: seattlerat

My goodness.
What a bunch of cowards.
A single warning shot would be enough to deescalate the majority of these situations.

Warning shots are irresponsible.

Stay in your lane.

Make the first round in the magazine always a blank?

That’s a terrible idea you don’t want inconsistency and blanks are not 100% safe and will not cycle a firearm unless it’s using a blank firing adaptor, what your proposing would not work and should never be considered.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Itisnowagain

What do you expect to happen? Maybe if police weren't under attacking and facing deadly threats 24/7 there would be room for debate and negotiation. But as it stands now, the law is on their side and frankly I don't see that they did one single thing wrong

Your entire post is a good example of why cops are "under attack". It demonstrates why people do not like cops, do not trust cops, and see cops as the enemy.

An unconscious guy is supposed to respond to orders? Really?

Unbelievable.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Where do some of you people get your logic?

Clearly from old western TV shows.
edit on 7/20/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If we are guessing about intent and what people there were thinking then a man with a gun was there with the intent of armed robbery. A wiser criminal would have stayed awake.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join