It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May loses third vote - FOR GOODNESS SAKE GIVE US NO DEAL

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Satire:

edit on 23-6-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Speedy recovery ipsedixit , sorry to read of your stroke.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thanks for the well wishes.

It happened a few days ago. I've been through a lot over the last few days, including signing myself out of a hospital(not St. Michael's), against doctor's orders. My typing, spotty at the best of times, has become hilarious.

Strokes can be very serious, but if you re lucky to have a mild one, as I did, and lucky enough to be taken to St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto, where they can remove blood clots (from the brain!!!), you may get away with just having to cope with feeling and acting "drunk" all the time until you rehab.
edit on 25-6-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Well, I woke up feeling quite rested today, and full of energy. I'm ready to REHAB!! When I was a kid (teenager) i was into Masutasu Oyama's books on Karate and I used to do the various exercises he recommended for building core strength in the torso. I used to be in fantastic shape, quite flexible and strong. i could do ten deep knee bends on each leg, while holding the other leg straight out in front of me. The point is that I really do know about physical training and I'm learning about strokes, their causes and effects, on me personally. I'm really eager to rehab and to get back to my prestroke capabilities (not teenage superman, of course , lol, but not "drunk" all the time either.

I don't want to write too much about the hospital I signed myself out of. They, one doctor in particular, were not happy about my choice to ignore recommendations and leave. Good news though, in the light of all the slagging the Canadian Medicare program takes from detractors.

I was in the last hospital for several days, in their Intensive Care Unit under 24 hour care, and in their stroke unit for three days or so, under 24 hour care, and when I signed myself out I was presented with a bill for CAN $11.50

Have a great day everybody! I intend to.
edit on 26-6-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

All the best for your rehab ipsedixit , strokes seem to be quite prevalent these days probably due to the stresses and strains of modern life , there but for the grace of God and all that.

Just take it one step at a time mate.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Thanks, I appreciate the comment. One thing that is not well known about blood clot formation (one of the main contributing factors in incidence of stroke, is that a sedentary lifestyle (on the couch in the basement, on the meditation cushion(!) or in front of the computer monitor) can encourage blood clot formation.

It is important to stay active. Doing so can help the body to rid itself of blood clots.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Here is a thought on Nigel Farage. When "peepoh" vote for Farage, they are not voting for Brexit, they are voting for Joy. He's a happy man and it shows.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

If you tell someone that you just drank a bottle of whiskey and that you are drunk, they will generally know what to expect from you. They know you will be unsteady on your feet and that they may need to watch out for you. Most people have dedicated neural networks in their brains for dealing with drunks, as a result of having dealt with them in the past. On the other hand, if you tell them you've had a stroke, they will have no idea what to do with you. Most people have no neural network in the brain for dealing with people who have had strokes.

It gets better. if you have gone to university, it is almost certain that you have been drunk many times and that you are thoroughly familiar with coping with the symptoms of drunkenness. In fact there is some reasonable expectation that anyone capable of coping with being reeling drunk, has neural networks in their brain capable of coping with the symptoms of a mild stroke.

Today I walked two blocks on my own without a walker or cane. I crossed a very busy street at the light. I went to the convenience store and did some minor shopping. I went up and down stairs here, holding the hand rail. I did some household chores, including repairing a garbage bag container in the kitchen. Every time I move, I tell myself that I just drank a bottle of whiskey. I do this to set my awareness level and my focus appropriately. It works. Following this procedure, and in familiar surroundings, I am sure that I am making rapid progress in rehabilitation.

I'll keep people posted as things go forward, hopefully with steady improvement.

Good luck to everyone.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Satire:

edit on 30-6-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Painful observation:

It is a dreadful thing to take a life, but to take it by stealth and by poisoning, of all methods, has a dreadful effect on the esteem with which any culpable individual or institution is held. Becoming known as "Putin the Poisoner" is not something that even the admiration of Donald Trump can wash away. Conducting such sadistic retaliations, whatever the offense, is shameful. It brings shame on Mr. Putin personally and shame on Russia.It raises the question, is he, like Mr. Trump, in need of psychiatric care?

Mr. Putin should bring all ill considered Russian mischief to a halt, for his own sake and for the sake of Russia.
edit on 30-6-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Satire:

The above is a response to Michael Leeming's statement, quoted in th Telegraph:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

My friend Boris Johnson has his faults, but he is the most talented person of his generation.

"Friendship" is so important in the imbecilic politics of the Trump era.
edit on 3-7-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Satire:

Breaking fake news!!! Nigel Farage's Brexit Party have unveiled the poster for the upcoming 'ave anovver point! tour

edit on 18-7-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Satire:

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join