It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May loses third vote - FOR GOODNESS SAKE GIVE US NO DEAL

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

On a point of order Mr Speaker, I think it should be a matter of profound regret to every member of this House that once again we have been unable to support leaving the European Union in an orderly fashion.

The implications of the House’s decision are grave.
The legal default now is that the United Kingdom is due to leave the European Union on 12 April.
In just 14 days’ time.

This is not enough time to agree, legislate for and ratify a deal, and yet the House has been clear it will not permit leaving without a deal.
And so we will have to agree an alternative way forward.

The European Union has been clear that any further extension will need to have a clear purpose and will need to be agreed unanimously by the heads of the other 27 member States ahead of 12 April.

THE GUARDIAN

I am fed up! I have had my fill!!

WE DO NOT WANT A DEAL, WE DO NOT CARE! WE WANT OUT!!!!!
edit on 29/3/2019 by JPtruther because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Mar 29 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote and made PARAGRAPHS IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JPtruther

Id say I never saw a more blatant example of screwing the voter, but I live in the USA, where screwing the voter is the national passtime.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
How unexpected.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I understand why they would not want to deal with EU laws and not sit at the table that choose those laws..

They need to respect democracy, and do what the voters voted about ages ago.

Leave EU completely, its not like its the end of the world.. they just want to make the laws themselves.

I hope more countries will follow after brexit

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I agree we can leave then invade in a few years.

like the good ole days.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JPtruther

On a point of order Mr Speaker, I think it should be a matter of profound regret to every member of this House that once again we have been unable to support leaving the European Union in an orderly fashion.

The implications of the House’s decision are grave.
The legal default now is that the United Kingdom is due to leave the European Union on 12 April.
In just 14 days’ time.

This is not enough time to agree, legislate for and ratify a deal, and yet the House has been clear it will not permit leaving without a deal.
And so we will have to agree an alternative way forward.

The European Union has been clear that any further extension will need to have a clear purpose and will need to be agreed unanimously by the heads of the other 27 member States ahead of 12 April.

THE GUARDIAN

I am fed up! I have had my fill!!

WE DO NOT WANT A DEAL, WE DO NOT CARE! WE WANT OUT!!!!!
edit on Fri Mar 29 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote and made PARAGRAPHS IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

OUT OUT OUT!

NO DEAL SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED TODAY.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yeah, May baby, just keep voting until you get what outcome you want, then the voting will be declared "over and just".

I recommend all those that voted to leave surround parliament on April 12 and celebrate in their face, openly and proudly as British subjects again. It should be your new independence day, and celebrated every year afterwards for time immemorial.

Hail to the Queen...

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I've been saying for a long time now that this government is useless and incapable of leading a horse to water.

But but but... Not Corbyn!

We're all to blame for this, we're only in the EU because the public sit idly by. Right now we're still doing jack.

Dissolve parliament
Leave with no deal
Suffer the consequences.

We're going to end up losing the kingdom but so be it. At least we could all govern ourselves individually...

I'm not doing scare tactics here either, I voted for Brexit and I naively thought it could bring Britain together and revolutionise social and economic policies at home. I genuinely thought we could easily work out some better ways of governing ourselves.

I was wrong. Never trust politicians.

Dissolve parliament, they've had more than enough time to show their incompetence.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There are too many risks with no deal, I understand being opposed to a second referendum or revoking brexit but at the very least we need a extension to negotiate a softer exit.

Looks like a hard brexit on April 12th

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
There are too many risks with no deal, I understand being opposed to a second referendum or revoking brexit but at the very least we need a extension to negotiate a softer exit.

Looks like a hard brexit on April 12th

No.

1009 days and counting right?

# em, I'd like a deal with the EU because anything else will be damaging but at the end of the day we'll recover or won't.

This excuse of a government won't deliver anything of substance, EVERYTHING they've done has been far too little and far too bloody late.

The public should be outraged.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

No one cares about outrage. Until you deliver consequences, you sit and stew in your outrage. You get what you tolerate.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Personally I stopped listening about Brexit 4-6 months ago. I personally couldn't give a damn about how Brexit will affect me and I'm personally not outraged just disappointed.

However I have family that'll live with the consequences.

How much do you think the UK will tolerate when things go tits up as they inevitably will? Dude 70% of kids in poverty come from working families and most of the general public couldn't give too much of a damn because for now they're doing ok.

That can change fast.

Anyways what do you think we should do? What do you think parliament should do?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

We do want a deal but a deal on our terms , May's deal is not that.

The whole Brexit mess comes from having a remainer PM and a majority remain Parliament , rather than do what was requested by the people they have tried to give us Brexit in name only as a way of appeasing the plebs and making it look like they are delivering what was asked.

The last two years have been wasted and Paliament has shown itself for what it is , pointless and redundant.

A pox on all their houses.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I have no idea. What I do know is outrage without action is futile.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Well in my opinion the action will be dissolving parliament. Re-elect our local MP's and install a new government. I believe the people should be informed and involved with a pinnacle point of our union's existence.

Hell where I live we're set to lose a huge employer and most of the supporting industries. 1000's of jobs will be lost and livelihoods ruined.

I agree with you, I'm usually not one to rant and rave at the moon. Yet I don't have much hope for the future of Britain.

We need to get our houses in order, we need action yesterday.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

I have no idea. What I do know is outrage without action is futile.

It's coming.

We've had no reason to to take action before now because we won the vote , now it's becoming clear that our win is being stolen from us by the same people who promised to deliver our wish the outrage will grow and action will follow.
edit on 29-3-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

We do want a deal but a deal on our terms , May's deal is not that.

The whole Brexit mess comes from having a remainer PM and a majority remain Parliament , rather than do what was requested by the people they have tried to give us Brexit in name only as a way of appeasing the plebs and making it look like they are delivering what was asked.

The last two years have been wasted and Paliament has shown itself for what it is , pointless and redundant.

A pox on all their houses.

Would appreciate what your terms are, could you list them? I'm really not trying to be argumentative, but I could hearing how bad the deal is but no one ever seems to say why. Ireland is a tricky one, where a non-EU country has a border with an EU one there has to be some measure put in place and this one avoids a hard border, it seems most of Northern Ireland with the exception of the 10 DUP MPs agree, what else do you say is so bad about it?

Saying this with all honesty, what else do you find so toxic? I voted to remain but just want it done and dusted now, not sure what anyone thinks they will get instead.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
May might just finish before April this year!

Lags

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Grrr...

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

The backstop would keep us tied to Europe and needs the approval of all EU members to be removed , May's deal also would betray our fishermen as European fleets would still have access to our waters , we're also tied into paying the EU £39 billion when its been estimated the actual bill is closer to £19 billion.

I'm sure there are other bones of contention in there but I haven't read the 39 or so pages.

The democratic will of the people is that we should leave , as a democratic organisation the EU should accept the will of the people and allow us to leave on the best terms possible , the last two years should have been spent agreeing trade deals not trying to trip us at every step.

The truth is the EU is in financial trouble and can't afford a cashcow to go astray , recession approaches the Eurozone with the troubles in Italy weighing heavy on European financiers , the term Greece 2.0 is being used.

The EU is Hotel California.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join