It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenland Glacier Starts Growing Again..Does It Prove Global Warming Theory A Myth?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

As I said... A few climatologists were concerned about cooling due to particulate pollution. The majority were concerned with warming due to rising levels of CO2.

That's still the case.
edit on 3/29/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yeah I understood that I just used it as an example and you replied using it as a example. That’s why I used it as a example again . Lol

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Yeah I understood that I just used it as an example and you replied using it as a example.

I didn't use it as an example. Of anything.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

So methane has gone out of style ?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Methane concentrations are not (yet) high enough to be of great concern. CO2 concentrations are. Or, should I say, CO2 is the greater concern.

Methane
www.epa.gov...

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Do you really want to continue this?

Methane stays in the atmosphere around 12 To 14 years but is 80 times more potent than CO2 . If I remember right CO2 depending on conditions can stay in the atmosphere anywhere from 50 to 200 years .

Are you telling me that CO2 drives temperature increase ?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Yes. Because there is far more of it than there is methane. CO2 currently accounts for more than 60% of long-lived greenhouse gas forcing, methane less than 20%. See the link above.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Is no need to look I already knew that. Many of the global weather doom sites have methane at 25%.

Do you believe that while global warming is melting glaciers and sea ice. The melting ice doesn’t released hundreds of years of CO2 particulates into the atmosphere ?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

The melting ice doesn’t released hundreds of years of CO2 particulates into the atmosphere ?

You mean CO2 molecules? Some perhaps. Feedback effects. But mostly they come from exhaust pipes and stacks.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What do you figure is causing the warming?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Wait a minute. I hear ice cores held up regularly for examples of atmospheric CO2 in the past.

Doesn’t it make sense that when 250 feet of ice/snow melt’s it releases 50 years worth of CO2 cumulated within it ?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Yes, tiny bubbles of air would be released from melting glacial ice. Mostly nitrogen (78%) and oxygen (20%) with about 200ppm of C02 (give or take, depending upon how old the ice is).

So, if anything, it might lower atmospheric concentrations of CO2. A bit. But it doesn't seem to be helping.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

78% nitrogen, 20% oxygen and .04% carbon dioxide are the current levels of the air we breathe . ( ballpark figures except the CO2 ) Sounds to me like when the ice melts it’s doing a one for one with the atmosphere .

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Sounds to me like when the ice melts it’s doing a one for one with the atmosphere .

Depends upon how deep the melting goes. Older ice, less CO2.
In any case, what was your point with "CO2 particulates" from melting ice?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

“ particulate “ did I use the word wrong the way you quoted it seem to be definitive .

My question

Your answer

Yes. Because there is far more of it than there is methane.

As your gaseous composition of glacial ice showed. The glacial and snow packed ice release same percentages of gases as are present and our current atmosphere . Because they were previously locked in ice they add to the increase of CO2 level present.

IE Heat does drive the CO2 levels up. Can you calculate exactly how much CO2 was released from ice and snow sheets since the emergence from the Little Ice Age .

I know I’m not convincing you of anything, but I’m not really trying .

This is a good example of why people don’t believe in global warming being man-made. If everyone on TV, the Internet, Twitter or people shouting out their window yelling I’m mad at hell and I’m not gonna take CO2 anymore!

Were only able to say man contributes to global warming they might stand a better chance. I understand you realize we aren’t the only factor. But the purveyors of doom are lecturing us from their pulpits telling us how evil we are. ( shamming )

I did this to make a point refer back to my positions on the population bomb, the coming Ice Age and global warming .

Very few people were/are trying to inform us on these topics. What they’re doing is manipulating the masses by exploiting fear and worst of all *feelings . *( The Liberals kryptonite )

It was fun Phage but you and I could have this discussion for 10 years and with the current data it wouldn’t change either of our minds .

Cheers

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

“ particulate “ did I use the word wrong the way you quoted it seem to be definitive .
Pretty much. Particulates usually refer to clumps of material, soot, dust, that sort of thing. Things like that tend to have a cooling effect.

Can you calculate exactly how much CO2 was released from ice and snow sheets since the emergence from the Little Ice Age .
Not interested, but not a whole lot. Doesn't really matter because, as you point out, it wouldn't affect the atmospheric concentration. The CO2 we are putting into the atmosphere does because we aren't adding nitrogen and oxygen at the same time. They weren't burning coal and oil then like we are now.

But the purveyors of doom are lecturing us from their pulpits telling us how evil we are. ( shamming )
Evil? Nah, just short sighted and resistant to change as far as most go. As far as the fossil fuel magnates, that's another matter.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Do you think man is the sole reason for global warming ?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Primary reason.
Increased radiative forcing due to increased CO2 concentrations. The warming which results produces other effects which further increase forcing.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

What I think is you didn’t answer my question.

Is man the only reason this is happening ?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

What I think is you didn’t answer my question.

Then you weren't paying attention. I told you what I think.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I already knew what you thought.

I wanted to know if you think mankind is the sole reason for global warming.

Would you please dumb your reply down a little for me ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join