It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food cost, stores closing, part time jobs for both husband and wife and people now living in tents

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: musicismagic

I've always viewed lotteries as just an added tax for desperate people.

I once heard lotteries referred to as "a tax on idiots", and I think of that whenever I buy a ticket. But then I think of my good friend who won a million dollars on a $2 draw.

As a sidebar, when he told me about his score, I asked him if that was 'f* you money'. 'Almost', he responded...'almost'.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Hey if you can afford it and want it, more power to you and yours. Nothing wrong with it in my eyes, only thing I was trying to get across was so many taxes is it really yours? No. it's the governments and you will pay for it till the day you die and most likely past that point in todays age.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The first thing we need to do is stop being such a consumer society that wants it all, wants it now and at the lowest prices.

Right, we need to have government take control of capitalism and market forces with more tariffis and less competition.

....Do you have another realistic way to achieve your goal?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I remember the sixties, when a woman could stay at home and look after the kids, the Man could have a car and pay of a mortgage, things were better then, but also things were more inefficient . So how come we have come to this unlikely scenario, where people have to live in tents. Two people have to work long hours to pay of a mortgage. If that's progress then I for one would like a great leap backwards.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

bravo, I agree with this whole heartedly

dit to add, but hey it's mental Illness.. :/
edit on 29-3-2019 by MarlbBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: musicismagic
Sorry I should have said tents along the streets of almost all major cities.

Really? News to me and I travel across the United States for work, I'm not seeing tent cities in almost all major cities.

there's tent cities all over the place man, there's several of them in DC california itself is a tent city with some houses, there's massive amounts of homeless people in texas and florida just open your eyes

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: MarlbBlack

That's still not 'tent cities in every major city'.

I live outside Manhattan and I'm there regularly, I have yet to see one tent city in Manhattan.

you realize there's 70,000 homeless people in NY right??

stop being ridiculous to prove your nonsensical point as usual

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Hard to get through to people about this issue, the cause of the issue is a different story for all. What I need to do is take him/her out for a pint, buy dinner and just go show him what's becoming.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Its approaching an inflexion point, if change from the top doesn't happen change will be chaos. Its organic .

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

just making silly statements to support an internal narrative weather it's objectively true or not

that's what silly ego maniacs do

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Last I checked it's 114k in California alone. granted they will say democrats.. it's a lot more than just that.

link   

don't worry it won't be long

Fed can't raise or lower rates right now, how does everyone think that ends?

edit on 29-3-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

link   

Nothing silly about the truth.

edit to add, it's whether.. haha grammar nazi here.
edit on 29-3-2019 by MarlbBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

all you have to do is look at actual economic data and you then have to wonder wtf?

I mean 58% of americans make 15 an hour or less I know I sure as hell couldn't pay my bills on that much money so how are they?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

They buy food and live in tents, I don't make much more and I struggle working my butt off.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack

Hard to get through to people about this issue, the cause of the issue is a different story for all. What I need to do is take him/her out for a pint, buy dinner and just go show him what's becoming.

You probably don't have to go very far in most cases. I'd be carrying though if I were you. To many deranged people will think you just got your Social Security and they will gang up on you. Have you notice that even Wells Fargo has a bank on skid row in Los Angeles. I wonder why and wonder how much they charge to cash ssdi or ssi checks?

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I'm not that old yet lol, getting there.. but i hear you.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Right, we need to have government take control of capitalism and market forces with more tariffis and less competition.

....Do you have another realistic way to achieve your goal?

Right...that is what I said...lol

I'm talking on a personal level....

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Mental health, drugs, alcohol and for some a desire to live off the grid. I think living off the grid (rv life) was a huge fad that many are now regretting.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack

bravo, I agree with this whole heartedly

dit to add, but hey it's mental Illness.. :/

Working your ass off all your life to keep up with the Joneses is considered normal in this day and age, I agree with a member on this site signature which is something along the lines of its no measure of health to be well adjusted in a profoundly sick world.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join