It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Police Multiple victims in shooting near Lake City; 1 person detained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Multiple people were shot Wednesday afternoon near Seattle's Lake City neighborhood, police said.
The shooting happened near 120th Street and Sand Point Way Northeast after 4 p.m.
The exact number of victims and their conditions are unknown.

Seattle Police Multiple victims in shooting near Lake City; 1 person detained

Yesterday another member chided me for wanting to move from Seattle because of the incredible increase in crime against people and property, the horrible homelessness and drug problem, and the skyrocketing cost of living. Today, just blocks from where I live, multiple people have been shot- although the news hasn't reported it yet, some sources at the scene have stated at least one victim was DOA.

At least 30 police cars zoomed past my place less than 2 hours ago, followed by a dozen or more fire and aid units, then even more police cars. As is with the fog of war, the scene is uncertain and we won't know what happened until later when we get the OFFICIAL version.

This was the 2nd shooting within 1/4 mile of where I live in the past year that I am aware of, there were probably more.

ETA:

King County Metro officials tweeted that a bus driver on Route 75 hit their emergency alarm and reported that they had been shot. The injured driver was taken to Harborview Medical Center. Twelve passengers were onboard but they were no injured. Police said one person was detained. When Chopper 7 flew over the scene, another person was taken into police custody. Watch the video below. Witness John Barrett described the scene to KIRO 7. "I was working in the garage, heard firecrackers. And then I opened the door, then I noticed the bus trying to back up extremely fast," Barrett said.

edit on 3272019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Just another day in the Big City dodging human turds, needles, and bullets. Seattle wants desperately to be the next San Francisco. It is succeeding admirably. I avoid Seattle as much as possible these days. I always at least carry Mace. I won't admit to any more than that.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Likely because the criminals know that the law abiding citizens aren’t allowed to defend themselves.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Just another day in the Big City dodging human turds, needles, and bullets. Seattle wants desperately to be the next San Francisco. It is succeeding admirably. I avoid Seattle as much as possible these days. I always at least carry Mace. I won't admit to any more than that.

I don't see that at all, other than they are both global centers for technology and all tech related businesses. The similarity stops there. I've spent years living and working in both those cities.

Frisco is just hard to describe. It's rich. It's ritzy. It's out of this world. And everything costs like it's out of this world.

Seattle is down to earth. Hippy. People are much different. If anything, Seattle is similar to Portland, the people are alike. And they are both completely unlike The City.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The saddest part is for the past few weeks, it seems, I've been waking up to news about either arson (they caught the homeless woman doing those at least), a street shut down due to police actions, or some other stupid thing that shut down part of the city for some reason. Sure Seattle is a great place to live, it's a city so full of it's self, err...I mean dreams that everyone on the street is either past out from drugs, being drunk, or just asleep on the street having.

That bus driver was pretty heroic with driving a the bus though (it sounds stupid, but after getting shot in the chest Eric Stark drove the bus to a safe area and possibly saved everyone on it from being shot. His chest wounds later cost him his life, but still he did save 12 lives)

One thing that's bugging me about this is who is the shooter, and why did he do it? I'm not seeing anything that names the suspect, nor if there was a possibly motive in this incident. Seems weird unless he is here illegally or was homeless/homefree since the city likes to pretend those people don't commit crimes. As for the motive, I guess for now we are having to accept the narrative of it being random? The shooter runs from a house, shoots a bus driver, then tries to car just two different cars, and then only surrenders after getting surrounded by SWAT. What I found most impossible about this situation though, is in a town where a police officer gets called in from of a review board by taking a piss without asking for permission. The normal loud mouths in city hall and the council have been oddly quiet about this.

Seems weird that's all.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

originally posted by: schuyler

I don't see that at all, other than they are both global centers for technology and all tech related businesses. The similarity stops there. I've spent years living and working in both those cities.

1. Feces: The same
2. Needles: The same
3. Homeless tents on the street: The same
4. Random acts of violence: The same

You see differences? So what?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Just a few details about the guy that was arrested for this senseless spree of violence:

According to social media profiles, the shooter is a University of Washington graduate and a former Microsoft employee. He also worked for the Seattle-based cooking site Allrecipes.com. He attended Everett Community College beginning in 2004, earning a degree in criminal justice, according to that college
source
edit on 3282019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
Just a few details about the guy that was arrested for this senseless spree of violence:

According to social media profiles, the shooter is a University of Washington graduate and a former Microsoft employee. He also worked for the Seattle-based cooking site Allrecipes.com. He attended Everett Community College beginning in 2004, earning a degree in criminal justice, according to that college
source

Nothing on a name for people like us to poke into though? So where did they get his social media information?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

The news agency probably has a source within the police department or possibly Harborview hospital. They may also have gleaned the information from police radio transmissions. In the article I sourced they state that it is not their policy to name the suspect until they have had a bail hearing:

Patch does not typically identify a suspect before they attend an initial bail hearing.

They also state that the suspect has no criminal record:

He has no criminal record, except for a red light camera violation in Lake Forest Park from 2014, and some parking tickets in Seattle.

PATCH SOURCE

KIRO7 apparently doesn't have the same policy and has released the name of the shooter:

The suspect, Tad Norman, is 33-years-old. He was apprehended near Northeast 120th Street and Sand Point Way Northeast. He had minor injuries and was discharged from the hospital and into police custody Wednesday night.
SOURCE
KIRO7 also provided a timeline of the events:

- Shortly after 4 p.m., police said the shooter approached a driver near Sand Point Way Northeast and Bartlett Avenue Northeast. The suspect shot the woman driver, critically injuring her.
- After the woman was shot, police said the suspect walked into the street and fired at a Metro bus going southbound. The driver was on Route No. 75, which was going south on Sand Point Way Northeast to the University District.
- The driver was shot. Twelve passengers were on board, but none were hit.
- The bus driver, Eric Stark, turned the bus around and drove north and into Lake City away from the gunman.
- The bus driver stopped the bus at 32nd Ave Northeast and Northeast 125th Street.
- The first medics were dispatched at 4:06 p.m.
- Police said the suspect, back near Northeast 123rd Street and Sand Point Way Northeast, approached a red Toyota Prius and fatally shot the man driving.
- Police first contacted the suspect at Northeast 123rd Street and Sand Point Way Northeast, but investigators said he sped away in the victim’s Prius. - The suspect collided with another vehicle near Northeast 120th Street and Sand Point Way Northeast, killing the driver, investigators said.
- That’s where police contacted the suspect again and arrested him at 4:34 p.m.

Here is a photo of Tad Norman:

Tad Michael Norman – who describes himself as a former Microsoft employee, was identified in jail records and police scanner traffic as the man who went on a random shooting rampage that included wounding a heroic metro bus driver in Seattle, Washington.
PHOTO SOURCE
edit on 3282019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Thank you for this information.

I now spotted more information about the shooter atheavy.com though it looks like they just filterd information from KOMO and made it easier to read.

Most of the stroy was on the bus driver (which is understandible). At least the shooter isn't one of the normal criminals in town (homeless/homefree, illegals, and such) This guy has a weirdly good background. It will be interest how much of his motive the public gets to see, but I'm still amisted at how out spoken the council is about this event.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Sorry I found out some information after I posted this.

edit on 28-3-2019 by Guyfriday because: I was slow.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

There have been some reports that he appeared intoxicated- he fell flat on his face while running and seemed drunk or high while being interviewed by police after his arrest. Perhaps he was under mind control? I seem to remember that a guy killed his wife in an Uber recently, and he was apparently intoxicated. I realize that alcohol and drugs lower a person's inhibitions, but acts of violence like these seem to go beyond what a "normal" person would do under the influence.

Here is a link to the Uber Killing I mentioned: Man Pleads Guilty to Killing Wife on Uber Ride

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

There have been some reports that he appeared intoxicated- he fell flat on his face while running and seemed drunk or high while being interviewed by police after his arrest. Perhaps he was under mind control? I seem to remember that a guy killed his wife in an Uber recently, and he was apparently intoxicated. I realize that alcohol and drugs lower a person's inhibitions, but acts of violence like these seem to go beyond what a "normal" person would do under the influence.

Here is a link to the Uber Killing I mentioned: Man Pleads Guilty to Killing Wife on Uber Ride

One thing that has me wondering is that in all the reports, nobody panicked? Even the school teacher that was shot first said she was worried that they would have to call in a fill in for her, and the guy that run out to help didn't seem to alarmed about a guy with the gun. He did almost lose it on TV during an interview but even then something's off. I'm not familiar with that neighborhood, but it seemed to me that everyone there was either in deep shock (possible) or all had been subjected to valium in the water supply (also possible). This itch I have isn't getting scratched by the news releases we're getting, that much I know for certain.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Lake City is a very old neighborhood and used to host the less savory elements of Downtown such as speakeasy bars, gambling halls, and brothels. It's probably one of the least expensive places to find rental housing and there are concentrations of minorities as well as low-income citizens. Although the neighborhood has tried to clean itself up, primarily due to the hard work and money of small-business owners and homeowners concerned for the area, it is still kind of the arm-pit of Seattle. There are 3 strip clubs on Lake City Way, one of them was in the news a lot a few years back due to the owner being involved with local mafia. It was shut down by the Feds to the cheers of neighbors, only to be reopened a short time later under a new name.

Lake City was also one of the proposed locations for "safe" injection sites, there are several tent-cities, and probably a dozen or more illegal campsites. There is (was) a beautiful green-belt a block away from where I live that had a nice stream, was a nesting place for many species of birds, and had quite a bit of wildlife including beavers and river otters. It was designated as a "protected greenbelt" due to the fragile ecosystem and nesting birds and rarely seen (in the city limits) mammals. However, about 3 years ago it became a very large campsite for homeless people and it soon became the worst illegal dumping ground I've ever seen.

I began contacting city offices trying to get them to take action a few months after the problem became apparent, but after a year of calling/emailing a few times per month it was obvious that NOBODY was listening. There was always some excuse, they didn't have proper training or equipment, not their jurisdiction, call somebody else, etc. My sweet girlfriend and I bought heavy gloves and several boxes of garbage bags and sharps containers and spent an entire weekend filling them full of trash and syringes. We pulled mattresses and dismantled bicycle parts out of the creek, and wound up with enough garbage to fill several large pickup trucks.

Within 2 weeks it was worse than before we had busted our backs to clean the area. Trees had been cut down to use for benches and kindling, and prostitutes had set up shop as well as thieves who were targeting local businesses and homes. They would steal anything and everything, and if they couldn't get drugs or cash for it they would just throw it on the ground or in the creek. Then last year there was a home-invasion next to the park and the suspects fled to their campground next to the creek. It was a big story and brought attention to the location- so I seized the opportunity to begin contacting the city again. After about 2 months, they finally took action and cleared the encampment. The residents moved behind the Starbucks on the next block, then after being ousted from there they moved across the street behind a fitness club. It's like a game of whack-a-mole... you squash one illegal campsite and it pops up next door, then somewhere else, then back to where it was to begin with.

It breaks my heart to see the few urban parks we have get destroyed by homeless people. I used to have a lot of compassion for them, because I too was homeless for awhile (but I maintained a 4.0 average in college while I lived in my car). Now I just want them gone, no matter what it takes. The greenbelt next door will take decades to recover IF it is fenced off and entrance forbidden to EVERYONE. I doubt if the birds and other creatures will ever return, I know I wouldn't.

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm a little confused about the two fatalities?
One was a retired Air Force Colonel (Dr. Robert Hassan)
The other is a little more murky (Richard T. Lee) when I went to find out more a lot of doctors and a few journelists came up, but I doubt any of them are the victim.

The story so far is still vague. The shooter apparently got drunk, went on a shooting rampage, and woke up in the hospital? He only remembers getting drunk and the waking up part. I guess he could have blacked out and did all that, he could also be blocking out the shooting spree, but the situation seems weird still. There's something not right about the event and the so-called "Randomness" of it all.

Born in 1943 in Niagara Falls, New York, Hassan graduated summa cum laude from the University of Pittsburgh with a degree in chemistry. He joined the Navy before attending medical school, also at the University of Pittsburgh, and later served as a flight surgeon in a variety of postings, his brother said. While stationed in Maine, he was part of a patrol squadron responsible for “primarily chasing Soviet submarines prior to the collapse of the Soviet Union,” James Hassan said.
After serving six years with the Navy, Hassan went into private practice in Maine but soon returned to active service with the Air Force.
He and his wife, Penny, a registered nurse Hassan met while in medical school, raised five children, Jim Hassan said. Hassan was stationed at Howard Air Force Base in Panama and was later the commander at an Air Force hospital in New Mexico

but not much on Richard Lee.

top topics

join