It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Different One - (Soulmate)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
There is a department store downtown, where women can go to find a man.

Upon entering, they are greeted by a sales-person: "Here: we have hard-working men, whom are gentle, kind, loyal, and family-oriented".
But the customers always ask if there are not more options available.
"Sure. On the second floor: we have hard-working men, whom are gentle, kind, loyal, family-oriented, and handsome".
The clients invariably run and jump on the up-escalator.

On the next floor, they are greeted by a sales-person: "On this floor: we have hard-working men, whom are gentle, kind, loyal, family-oriented, handsome, and great lovers".

On the next floor, they are greeted by a sales-person: "On this floor: we have hard-working men, whom are gentle, kind, loyal, family-oriented, handsome, great lovers, and wonderful listeners".

And on it goes: from remembering anniversaries, bringing flowers, being rich, etc...
Until the customers stop even listening to the sales-people, and just run to the next up-escalator.

The roof of the building is scattered with the skeletons of single women, looking for their perfect man.

(PS: this is not my original story, but don't recall the source.)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

"Out of chaos something remarkable emerges" (regarding the Pandora's box comment)
edit on 28-3-2019 by Ariel7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Nice to meet you :-)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Well, if you had mentioned chocolate then we would have discussed this matter further :-)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Thank you for sharing your story with me. The key word in your last sentence is "maybe", you can't know if you don't try and see how you keep in step with your own self and in the end with someone.

Thanks for the video and I still haven't watched it, I already know "I'm not the one"

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JFA13

The same comment to you as to the "schuyler".

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I understand what you mean, not only as a theory but from personal experience and experiences of others too. I guess it's just something that's inevitable in life considering how (some) people function.
Well, some things you just learn through life which guide you further as a lesson + and there's also something called 'inner voice/intuition/inner feeling', whatever you prefer to call it, which can be of help if one listens properly to it and hears the alarm telling that something's wrong.

Yeah, it's good to give a try to something you hold dearly to your heart, you never know what can come out of it. Thank you for this insight of yours and your wishes!

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Thank you for your honesty and good wishes :-)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

I guess I have to move my business somewhere else since I'm exposed

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I see what you mean. Well, that's why when people click with someone or find themselves to be on the same wavelength with someone, communication+understanding+compromise are important. Even in 'soulmate thing' or 'same frequency thing' there are small differences. I say small cause when your soul loves somebody else's soul (and not only attracted to their looks, their financial status or being with them only for not being lonely and so on...) then all these small differences don't matter cause they cannot influence that kind of love you share with someone.
In the end, it depends on what you want in life and in a person. I agree, it would be better if things were more simple, but we are the ones who influence that.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I can make and deliver a vegetarian sandwich and water

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Maybe...

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ariel7
I can make and deliver a vegetarian sandwich and water

You shouldn't joke like that, your soulmate may be reading this thread.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yes, that's also a name of one of the Disney mermaids...ok, she got legs in the end and lived happily ever after

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Hmm, that couldn't have been me since my rank is a bit higher. You've probably spoken with my half-sister, yeah, a weird human being

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

...talking about a higher rank in previous post...
Yes, that's supposedly the origin meaning of the name Ariel, tnx for sharing.
edit on 28-3-2019 by Ariel7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I think too that you lose the competition, hahaha
Good luck to others in your love nest

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's not about ATS, actually I put this post on several sites that I visit just to see how it goes.
I'm aware that people meet each other in all possible ways and that's maybe one of the positive sides of the internet technology which I decided to use now.
This is actually not my thing and I'm not interested in private chatting with all the possible people nor I need it, it's more about recognizing someone based on their frequency.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

This story does have a lesson.
Just to compare, when I go to the store I know what I want. If the store has what I need I buy it, if it doesn't have what I need I go out empty hands. But, I don't get "seduced" by the big choice of other products there.
I understand what you want to say with this story and how for some people it's never enough but they keep asking for more, that's why it's important to stay strong and modest in your head regarding your beliefs.
In this case it's not about perfection at all or about wanting things from a person that you cannot provide yourself - it's about wanting something/someone that/who is on the same wavelength as you are, which is completely fair.
Also, when it's about soul-to-soul love (bigger level), then there's no need for split hairs (I believe that's the right term) cause differences are normal (smaller level).

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Then he'll get the joke

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join