It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Abstract Train of Though

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Trying to get above and outside the current media circus to fully absorb and analyze the long game based on past actions positioned in fact. In doing so, brings up some questions that I do not have the answers to and could generate some conversation.

*Trump has had a rock solid voter approval percentage. To have another R challenge him for his spot would be absurd, based on the numbers. Meanwhile there are 20 something D's vying for the spot. Much like the Sanders situation in 2016, spreading out support and opening up the possibility of butthurt and backlash only seeks to further that divide. In short, Trump is a shoe in, again, by the numbers. Seems like a very straight line to the endgame, from my point of view anyway.

*Depending on the pundit, Russia is either an enemy, an adversary or a nemesis. While all would point at some sort of opposition, nothing would relate to any sort of physical conflict along national borders, ie a war. However, given the recent failure of the MSM in the propelling of the fecal rhetoric of all things Russia, this relationship needs to properly reported.

*While the MSM goes back and fourth alleging that the PotUS may or may have not committed crimes, the rest of the country still wakes up and goes to work, still worried about the same things. Namely immigration, healthcare, foreign policy, trade and taxes. These are what is important to the American people and what is least discussed by pundits and talking heads nationwide. That's not to say that things aren't being done by those who work in the gov't. Quite the opposite in fact. That begs the question, are 'we' being fed, or are we being 'led.' To reiterate the cloud around this subject, see the first subject. In suits to guide the narrative and ultimately resolve itself in a 2020 win for Trump. Again, is this by design?

*Last is the culmination of the Mueller investigation. This one is simple. A return of indictments would create a very odd predicament for long time establishment politicians as it would apply a double standard that could not be ignored even by all the MSM gaslighting. If we're to see crimes by the PotUS, and none for the administration that initiated the whole thing while also doing the same, I believe a large portion of Americans would see that and would lead to unrest. No charges, no crimes, no wrong doing would keep the status quo and result in what I see happening in subject 1.

In closing, I've been on both sides of the law. Suffice to say, if 'they' want charges, there will be charges. It's highly unlikely, especially when you get into the world of high finance, that anyone is squeaky clean. Now I could be wrong and Trump could have taken care to put a buffer between himself and that possibility however seeing that Cohen is jailed, I've my doubts to say the least.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Suffice to say, if 'they' want charges, there will be charges. It's highly unlikely, especially when you get into the world of high finance, that anyone is squeaky clean. Now I could be wrong and Trump could have taken care to put a buffer between himself and that possibility however seeing that Cohen is jailed, I've my doubts to say the least.

That would only be fodder for the right.

Their best chance is solidifying a unified platform, finding someone to represent that, and winning in 2020 while leaving this behind THEM.

I doubt they'll get their senses though.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Given Trumps solid ratings over the past two years, more unification is highly unlikely IMO. However fracturing the opposition among say, 20 some contenders seems much easier.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I just don't see them fixing their party when they spend so much energy trying to find the nail for Trumps coffin.

The thing that pissed me off the most about the collusion hoax (which most knew that's what it was) is it makes it harder to have legitimate discussions about other topics. It doesn't help that this makes almost all of the media loom worse than the WMD debacle.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I just don't see them fixing their party when they spend so much energy trying to find the nail for Trumps coffin.

I agree. However, why? There has to be someone in their ranks with the ability to speak to reason. It's the basis for my thoughts on why Trump may be a shoe-in.

The thing that pissed me off the most about the collusion hoax (which most knew that's what it was) is it makes it harder to have legitimate discussions about other topics. It doesn't help that this makes almost all of the media loom worse than the WMD debacle.

Politically speaking, it's a zero sum game. Innocent, nothing changes no matter how much the MSM praises/bitches. Charges, nothing changes, arguments stay the same. Worst case scenario, Trump is impeached and that wouldn't be wrapped up before 2020 elections.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Regarding Russia, I did read something about them being spotted along the east coast in the vicinity of one of our bases (Maybe off of North Carolina or thereabouts- one of the islands?) and that it wasn't the first time they've been spotted recemtly. I don't remember where I read it.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I agree. However, why? There has to be someone in their ranks with the ability to speak to reason. It's the basis for my thoughts on why Trump may be a shoe-in.

My opinion will be biased on this one... The only candidate they're running that I think has a chance is Gabbard. She's a vet, she's a moderate, she's a she (they love that) and she doesn't play the hysteria game, rather she focuses on talking platform.

They're already trying to bury her before she gets close, with you guessed it, Russia.

Russias propaganda machine finds Tulsi.

Or going after her for working for her fathers work against gay marriage (while she was 17), funny because Hillary was actually against it while she was in a position of power.

Tulsi gabbard once touted working for anti gay group that backed conversion therapy

Politically speaking, it's a zero sum game. Innocent, nothing changes no matter how much the MSM praises/bitches. Charges, nothing changes, arguments stay the same. Worst case scenario, Trump is impeached and that wouldn't be wrapped up before 2020 elections.

Impeachment isn't easy, and the left is divided. You have the Pelosi end of the party and the AOC end, maybe they could agree on that... But I doubt they'd look stable enough to get some republicans in on it. That said, does anyone want Pence as president?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Regarding Russia, I did read something about them being spotted along the east coast in the vicinity of one of our bases (Maybe off of North Carolina or thereabouts- one of the islands?) and that it wasn't the first time they've been spotted recemtly. I don't remember where I read it.

That's pretty common. Their bombers tested our reaction on July 4th either last year or the year before. They do it over near the UK and the Scandinavian countries quite regularly too.

Edit: woof, I was off, 2015.... But if you google russia bombers intercepted, You'll see no shortage
edit on 26-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

It's not an uncommon occurrence.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Reiterating my point here:

My opinion will be biased on this one... The only candidate they're running that I think has a chance is...

How many that wouldn't vote for a 2nd term Trump have the same line of reasoning?

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Namely immigration, healthcare, foreign policy, trade and taxes. These are what is important to the American people and what is least discussed by pundits and talking heads nationwide.

All politics is about naming what is important. For the CEOs and billionaires, the status quo is just fine the way it is. Everything in this country is fine. Tax policy is fine. Public policies are fine. Foreign policy is fine.

Trump will get elected again and we will have another HUGE tax cut for the billionaires, more gutting of consumer protections, more cutting back labor rights, and strengthening of laws protecting cartels and monopolies. These are truly GREAT times to be an American! God Bless America!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

All politics is about naming what is important. For the CEOs and billionaires, the status quo is just fine the way it is. Everything in this country is fine. Tax policy is fine. Public policies are fine. Foreign policy is fine.

You crack me up man. It can't be both ways. There is either progression or stagnation. Pick one even if your purview is that CEO's and billionaires are the main culprit.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

How many that wouldn't vote for a 2nd term Trump have the same line of reasoning?

After the fiascos that have come to light, I doubt very many.

Although she did either get booted or left her vice chair position of the DNC for their treatment towards Bernie... So she didn't play ball the way they like to.

It should also be noted that not all Democrats are complicit with the recent chain of events. In fact, I doubt most weren't. But a few did some shady things, and the media capitalized on it. For all the Democrats who are angry that Trump didn't get taken down by these efforts, they should either channel that frustration at overhauling their own party or leave.

I would do the latter as them considering I've never liked the two parties anyways.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

a reply to: dfnj2015

You crack me up man. It can't be both ways. There is either progression or stagnation. Pick one even if your purview is that CEO's and billionaires are the main culprit.

I'm tired on being on the losing team. So I decided to start arguing in favor of public policies that benefit the billionaires.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I would do the latter as them considering I've never liked the two parties anyways.

There's more than two parties?

Odd, I never hear about them.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

There's more than two parties?

Odd, I never hear about them.

I saw we abolish them all. Then candidates will have to lay out their full platform and won't have to answer to the ass hats at the top.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I don't even know how that conversation begins, let alone action...ha!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
With all the hate mongering flying around in politics, necessary things are not getting done. There is no law that says being a jerk is illegal, most politicians are Jerks, so are many powerful businessmen. Just because someone is a jerk about something, doesn't mean they are a jerk about everything. A person can be a political jerk and be a nice person in other aspects of their life, so do not talk to them about politics, talk about peaceful friendly things, make small talk.

You can not say you are a lion fan here in the UP, even though lions are the Michigan Team, we are mostly Packer Backers up here, most people like to "go Green bay" for a trip or to shop. So, the only time that people start to dislike each other is when the packers play the lions. Of course, if a Packer Backer does not have some fans to argue with then there is no fun.

Lets get back to arguing about sport teams and just learn from the old people, never talk politics, there is nothing we the people can do about those deceivers in Washington anyway. Our votes are being steered by deceivers anyway, money spent on campaigns fuels brainwashing, MSM gets a lot of the campaign money, as you can see, the Democrats spent way more money on the last presidential election so the press is backing them. Purely financial, if the Republicans start spending much more at MSM, the Republicans will control the media again. MSM execs are fair weather friends just like politicians are.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I would pose the argument that capitulation and apathy is exactly how we got to this point. Doing the same doesn't seem like a viable strategy.

That notion could be wrong and we are simply doomed regardless.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I don't even know how that conversation begins, let alone action...ha!

*starts sharpening my pitchfork *

Hold my 16 ounce boubon and coke (without the coke)

I'll show you how it's done.
edit on 26-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join