It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force halts delivery of new Tanker due to FOD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Ya gotta love union's. Lazy overpaid people putting lives at risk. At least this time the AF said enough and stopped delivery as peeps were finding tools and trash upon delivery. And it's not like someone left a wrench on a seat.... This stuff was found under panels.

edition-m.cnn.com... wksrixtxPSN3TetAVjYLXQqVHJEwEdJl2YKlOLOwaaQXwhjr9jyoxUGvQ6iZryD-gzGtJ96UFWNRkLT-zduXKGvkCh5XNPLUh67Uwu2RqS8b-yCZAnfKz56NxCdQcn7M8i-ELr0kMKzsaKqtnkoE2_ M9pVdqvojBFjpZlkz7k73l1hioplmVXeVQ1EcbeD_Ikiuw1VKacUsw8-T-BjcA1UoOn3CyteqfBM0HGw0HOzKx2eqI0yI3DQBq-p75HXqv1tL9Jp6qK2iLXLJDBJtWrkrCEJ2rd-JD9bIF52b7XB3_ Zlfy7XFNKyMDSdjSTaKQABNaCvamxxxRsFjvpcoBIO_kouga9Zy-RozIo-fvP9iH3iw-oRQ4tr5dqqa01AcalBXzqHXlFk8XFZFBlT21tU4xPvB7_d8_k23vKbX_uL5eBHDGJ9b4pT6UEi0G6dDX5i jKvWhF3ZNJpvG5bwIjoFXdLlqVXFtB4j533PSdbPEthV8vvU58-3F8vivEhjBlEIfoSUCRupUsXIVXN_z5_N5zXrlEyNtlNNPEbiajXcoPjJDYhZMgygUeFnKalfvWBSUJJvbxTMuMT9lHPlXzMf3X Hoqj4FVM3Ou2XKKQ_BqWXiAfJoEzrO5uMWhHBkragJNuuRi_nqFe4ZqET3fY6IZt4yHHF0P8m46n3GTWH_0dE9lx6gF_zAv2pmEcEwo0IOv3O6v1Inl-96_PbUACyZ6FB3WAGCSSKfLFDloviddosC gstojN_EZfFVpp6_rzHCSvVN0zUww5NVtMRQvoZw%26c%3D1387601f%26v%3D3

We had very similar problems when we would get a 15 back from depot. One dude found someone's lunch under a panel and at least 2 jets have permanent NDI files because tools and or hardware have been found deep inside inaccessible areas.

It's shameful on the mechanics fault. Don't even get me started on Lockheeds fleet of drunken louts in Texas on the f35 line.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I wondered where my lunch went....
/SARC

And this is the Air Force...I am sure commercial airline companies are not as strict....scary!

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Depends on the airline company.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
They've implemented 13 changes, and have already resumed deliveries.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Do you really think that anything people do is perfect? Do you know that the military is a constant # up in motion?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

Use the technical term; SNAFU.

However, it is the civilians, not the military in this case.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

We had very similar problems when we would get a 15 back from depot. One dude found someone's lunch under a panel and at least 2 jets have permanent NDI files because tools and or hardware have been found deep inside inaccessible areas.

It's shameful on the mechanics fault. Don't even get me started on Lockheeds fleet of drunken louts in Texas on the f35 line.
What's an "NDI file"?, also a little dirt on the Texas F35 line would be cool...

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Anyone heard of a Tag board Tool station?

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

Have YOU pulled an aircraft panel and found tools underneath? Id put the military up against any civilian work force... Anytime, anywhere.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackIbanez

NDI is like a really fancy xray that can look through metal and take pics. These particular jets have files so they can determine if said object has migrated in flight. They would take another pic say during a phased inspection.

Oh man.. Best story is the local news in ft. Worth caught Several LM employees out near this park drinking at lunch time. All on tape mind you. One guy chugged a six pack.

Anyway the union steward caught wind of it and sent them home... Sick pay. Only one dude got fired and he was a sub contractor.

Wanna know where most of the delays come from? Production. Peeps come in and sit and have coffee.... Read the newspaper etc. Takes an hour to get started.

We filled in while they went on strike and damn they all sucjed. LM emptied the white collar offices and made them put on panels!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

To be honest I dont think there is any difference from what I have seen, FOD is the enemy of all aircraft and is taken very seriously in every aircraft build/repair/maintain/operate.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   
We had an RAF Tornado fly out of Warton (BAE) which immediately went into a spin as it headed out to sea. The pilot had to time his ejection with the rotation so he punched out vertically.

Was the dust cap off a pneumatic airline that jammed something in the cockpit. Its not always tools and tagboards!

new topics

top topics

join