It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those In The Corporate/Business World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
For all others who work in the corporate/business world, I have a brain teaser for you;

Name the most useless department in your company without mentioning the colouring in department (Marketing) or HR

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
For all others who work in the corporate/business world, I have a brain teaser for you;

Name the most useless department in your company without mentioning the colouring in department (Marketing) or HR

If you think marketing or HR are useless departments, you do not understand "corporate/business world."

I think the best thing for you to do is to set up your own corporation, with your understanding of how to do it better. Then you can let the world know how you have done it better that the current normal.
Said with all respect.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Oh come on you know I’m just having a laugh.

If you worked for the same company as me you would share my views on these two departments.

I think it’s more of a joke shared amongst sales people

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

If you worked for the same company as me you would share my views on these two departments.

I know little about you, and truth be told i'm only a recent fan of HR.
Working in the performance arts I've always had respect for marketing.
I suspect we all demonize what we do not understand.
That only exposes our own misunderstandings and the areas we are not familiar with. Not that certain areas are not without worth.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I know little about you, and truth be told i'm only a recent fan of HR.
Working in the performance arts I've always had respect for marketing.
I suspect we all demonize what we do not understand.
That only exposes our own misunderstandings and the areas we are not familiar with. Not that certain areas are not without worth.

To be fair myself and my colleague in the same role as me are the ones who approach marketing with ideas for collaboration that they should be coming to us with.

To put it in perspective, I cold call executives all day, every day to set new business appointments which is a very tough task that few enjoy.

I guess my dig is a generalisation towards all marketing departments that specifically originates from frustrations with our own.

And to validate my views, the GM of marketing was sacked a few days ago by our new CEO so the inadequacies that I perceived are not isolated to my opinion.
edit on 2632019 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
When I worked for Corporate clients, the most useless department is sales. The churn is a waste. Only the ones that get more out of the customer are rewarded.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Board of Directors

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

And, you would be wrong!

HR is completely worthless! I work in the corporate world, about 140,000 employees in our company. HR is as worthless as a bucket full of smashed assholes! Completely devoid of any value to the organization whatsoever! In fact, they're so worthless the company laid them all off save for a few senior corporate people.

HR used to be of value back when they were "Personnel" (i.e. back when they were on the side of the employees, not the company), but then they evolved into this bureaucracy spewing element running around telling everyone about company "policy", company propaganda, rules and who only get involved when someone is going to get terminated. That, or to tell employees their insurance doesn't cover that, and to keep dossiers on everyone so when a company wants to get rid of someone they've got the deck stacked already. HR is worthless...and in our company they're...GONE! Period, end of discussion (for them).

Marketing is right up there too, but I've found value in our marketing folks sometimes, provided they stay on top of the market segments and don't just sit around dreaming up pretty logos for the sides of the trucks.

edit on 3/26/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The most useless department... that's easy.

The department of redundancy department is most useless...

top topics

join