It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Top Story) Saddam's Judge Found Murdered In Baghdad (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Saddam's top trial judge, Raid Juhi al-Saadi, has been reported assassinated by Matt Drudge. U.S. officials have reportedly confirmed this as reported by FOX news. Drudge has released a transcript of an NBC News bulletain that states the judge had been gunned down today. In 2004 the judge's identity was revealed by British reporter Robert Fisk and the judge's safety has been in question ever since then.

Fox News
Drudgereport.com
Newspaper Exposes Saddams Trial Judge (ThisisLondon 2004)

BAGHDAD, Iraq — The judge overseeing the trial of deposed Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein has been assassinated, FOX News has learned.

U.S. officials confirmed Judge Raid Juhi, 35, has been killed, and Iraqi officials are expected to provide details on his assassination.

Saddam is on trial for war crimes and genocide. The former dictator appeared before a special tribunal in July, where the charges against him were read.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

As things have been heating up in the Middle East recently it is not so surprising to hear of more violence in Iraq especially after a deadly car bomb killed scores. What is surprising is that the Iraqis are attacking elements of the new government directly responsible for handling Saddam's future.

Will this stir up public emotion for the man that was once their leader. Or will they sit back in their chairs with their new 'freedom' as some say they have and watch the show just like it was a movie?

[edit on 1-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It's breaking news and Fox has very little information....

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...

So far only the drudge report has any news on it, so its not really confirmed by mainstream media as yet....

www.thisislondon.co.uk...

another good link above to some info

While Saddam whereabouts and the location of the tribunal were kept top secret, a photograph showing him being questioned by Juhi on July 1 had been made public.

Juhi, who was also presiding over the criminal trials of 11 of Saddam's henchmen, has been living and working under U.S. and Iraqi military protection. It was not clear how a group of gunmen managed to shoot and kill him.

While an obvious target for assassination, Juhi refused to hide in anonymity. In an interview with the New York Times last October, he explained
www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well....

Sometimes a "quality" news network will require quick-fix editing of ambiguities on submissions like this one being filed:

"Saddams judge has beenr reported murdered by Matt Drudge" says OOPS.

I hope ATSNN is not sued for libel by Mr Drudge himself.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
MA that’s why I didn’t vote on this I knew what oops meant but it does not read the way he means it or does he?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hi, I just woke up , it is 8:30 am and I saw drudge SADDAMS JUDGE DEAD and there was no link haha....I thought it was April 1st for a moment.

Looks like I jumped the gun eh? Strange to see how Matt changes his story every 30 seconds haha...

Oh well, makes for the start of a very interesting day. My 6 week vacation ends today and I got to go back to teaching at my college.

top topics

join