It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies proven to be true

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm curious, are there any conspiracy theories that have been proven true?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yes.

The conspiracy against reposted topics has been proven time and again at ATS.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Yes.

A boolean search brought up no answers for me. Thanks for trying to be funny though, it was kind of cute.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
No sweat.

You have more faith in that excuse for a search engine than many others.

I once thought it was a conspiracy to bury important information in an unarchived fashion. But it's just a poor search engine.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It wouldnt be called a conspiracy theory if it was proven true. Interesting question though. There is small proof out there for those willing to seek it out but unfortunately its not hard enough to change the world.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I once thought it was a conspiracy to bury important information in an unarchived fashion. But it's just a poor search engine.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

Agreed its so hard to find anything. Get google : p

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Oh come on you have to love the boolean search.

By their nature most conspiracy theories can't be proven to be true. And if one was it would probably cause a bit of upheaval.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Yes.

I've been here a while and haven't noticed anything on this topic. At least not in recent memory.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine

Yes.

I've been here a while and haven't noticed anything on this topic. At least not in recent memory.

Same here (been lurking a long time more than my sign up date shows)
I think a lot of people forget that there are new members joining all the time and wern't around for many of the discussions that have happened, so imo its fair game for newbies to re-post them and discuss with other newbies who want to get involved, and not just read the old post from 2 year ago.

Sure if theres two similar posted at once then its unecessary, but otherwise if you see a post and its 'old news and you discussed it aaaages ago yawn' then skip it

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The alternative topic challenging members to list proven "conspiracy theories" is less than 15 days old.

Good luck trying to find it with either search engine!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
MaskedAvatar delivers the goods and relinks the last repost:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That ATS is cluttered is a given. Some people think you need to sort the wheat from the chaff, and some think there are even gems to be found.

A member who believes that would look at the body of "knowledge" that exists for many subjects and concepts, before adding to the clutter.

But I'm not the waste management expert round here, and I can't see any "$200 Penalty For Littering" signs, LOL.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well on the political side, there is pretty good evidence tying the pope and Ronald Reagan to a conspiracy fighting communism in Poland

www.totse.com...

Then there is the classic General Motors streetcar conspiracy, although there have been critics of that one.

Of course there have been any number of price fixing or bid-rigging conspiracies over the years.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The conspiracy of Bush Administration being against the environment-
www.nrdc.org...
pro-industry that is......

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
From what I've seen here, there have been many conspiracies 'proven' true according to certain individuals-- but you can question their definition of 'proof', lol.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Chemtrails...

I always wonder why people find it so difficult to believe in chemtrails and weather modification...if you google "weather modification" you find out at least a dozen states have active weather modification programs...they call it "cloud seeding".

How do you think they seed the clouds? They fly in front of storms and spray chemtrails. Is that really so difficult to believe? I think chemtrails have been pretty much well estabilshed as real based on the prevelence of cloud seeding programs around the world.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You don't have to agree with me, and plus I'm in a spell it out for newbies tonight mood anyway. So here we go:
I bought one of the books I will cite at 1/2 price books it's called "The Extra Terrestreials Among Us"by "Fate Magazine" -nearly 85% of the info is cited in a Biblography at the back and I actually read alot more of books(when I'm shopping) now to see I don't have an Eric Von Danifruad book at all!!-thanks Gazonk! And my second book is one my Advance Creative Writing teacher let me take b4 he moved to San Fran, CA, It's called "Beyond Earth: Man's Contact With UFOs" by Ralph and Hudy Blum, Copyrighted 1972, an awesomely good and accurate read. And then the other book that ties this together "Symbol and Theory:A Philosophical Study of Theories of Religion in Social Anthropology " by John Skorupski(be careful this was a standard anthropological textbook at harvard in the mid and late '70s, plus I barely understand the vocab, but I get abstract concepts.).

Now finally, since I've given your eyes a warm up, let's go:

1. Henry Durikham was an antropologist at Harvard, plus a Yale/Harvard/Princeston professor toward the end of his life, in 1915 he created my favorite, and interesting Durkiham's Theies.
  2. Durkiham's Thesis: Every event/ritual in a culture comes from a major event that happened in that community, by nature(Noah's Flood), Revered People(Sinbad/ Backstreet Boys), or from "supernatural" phenomenah(The Bghavdad Gita).
  3. Based off myths in different societies, we can see how someone could become a myth easily like Johnny Appleseed(SERIOUSLY).
  4. Then to see pics drawn in ancient times in india, france, germany, ireland, japan, etc. one can obviously see that not only are AZTEC & INCA myths "say" aliens helped, but possibly created us physically.
  5. Plus the picture on the book of "Beyond Earth: etc." show the aliens mentioned with "claws", but they are also reflective protection suits seen in ritual and indigenous artworks.(It's from a 1972 Mississippi case one the river.)
  6. Thus one can see how in 100-300 years, everyone will think the Backstreet Boys were one of the BEST groups ever; simply by fanfictions if nothing else; also that they were "hypocrites" by being permisculous, "awesome lovers", "heros"(actually that's true in AJ's case), etc. by their stories and celebrity gossip in the USA.
  7. The same is still for Micheal Jackson, Paris Hilton(God I HATE that B++CH!), and that's just in the entertainment world.

Sorry for the typing, like I've written I NEED to leave RETAIL and Go INTO publishing or entertainment. OHIO sucks after nearly 20 years, trust me.
Any Q's u2u me, please. THX. and remeber ATSBSB for Life or until death.

[edit on 3/25/05 by BSB2005]

join