It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peoples vote lies on numbers - London Protest - MSM wont report

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The dirty secret of crowd estimation is: it's total bullsh!t. Unless it's something where you're selling tickets or taking attendance, nobody actually knows how many people attended it. Rarely does anyone ever actually go to the trouble of attempting to make a proper estimate, using crowd density, etc. The "official" figure you hear is basically just pulled out of someone's posterior, and depending on whether the person in question wants the rally to be a success or not, the numbers you hear for the same event can easily vary by an order of magnitude or more.

For example, the organizers of the Million Man March claim that well over a million people attended. Other, more skeptical sources, claim it was maybe a couple hundred thousand at most. In truth, only God knows.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I am at the point know where I say, let them have it, let the remainers have their EU.. We tried. They are not suspicious about the way the EU and our Gov has manipulated the situation therefore the only way to prove to them how bad the future in the EU will be is to let us remain.

Give it 5 years and all will come to light. Our economy will be getting raped, still. Our laws will be more relevant to an orange farmer in Spain. The EU will have mutated into a a mass of countries governed by an ever shrinking group of elites.

Let them have it.

Whinging, whining, inexperienced, easily led, naive scarf wearing twits.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Help me out, are you guys leaving or not leaving?

I’m not sure what they are doing either. I just hope the US citizens don’t get it in their heads they can just “do over” a national vote (US Presidential and mid-term elections) because citizens were too uninterested to vote the first time, but then didn’t like the final results.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

No, we can't, our governmental system is different then theirs. They have a Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy which basically means that they can do things like say, 'The gentleman from Yorkshire is a fop doodle who obviously puts lemon in his tea' (wherein people cheer or pshaw) during meetings of their elected officials.

edit on 25-3-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think we should all just go and round up ALL politicians in the US, in Europe, etc. and put them all on an island with no food and a bunch of CCTV cameras, then livestream them all eating each other. Kinda like the Truman Show, but with a morbid twist.

In the sequel, they get off the island in a couple of months – let’s just say it isn’t pretty.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Lab4Us

No, we can't, our governmental system is different then theirs. They have a Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy which basically means that they can do things like say, 'The gentleman from Yorkshire is a fop doodle who obviously puts lemon in his tea' (wherein people cheer or pshaw) during meetings of their elected officials.

Not quite sure what any of that means, but then I'm not aware any of our elected leaders has ever talked about grabbing women by the pussy, so possibly that says something.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Help me out, are you guys leaving or not leaving?

I’m not sure what they are doing either. I just hope the US citizens don’t get it in their heads they can just “do over” a national vote (US Presidential and mid-term elections) because citizens were too uninterested to vote the first time, but then didn’t like the final results.

I think that some people get confused on this point.

So a referendum is very different from a general election, there are lots of instances where a referendum is repeated, we have very strong calls right now for example for a second Scottish referendum for example, Ireland had two referendums on the Lisbon treaty, we had two on Scottish devolution and I could go on.

This wouldn't really happen in a general election, have a second referendum does not pave the way to start holding general elections any time someone doesn't get a result they want. We actually have pretty strict rules about this.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
Not quite sure what any of that means...

It means I like watching your meetings of Parliament where they yell back and forth with each other.

…but then I'm not aware any of our elected leaders has ever talked about grabbing women by the pussy, so possibly that says something.

Guess they aren't big fans of the ladies, Trebek.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

To get your 2nd Independence Referendum for Scotland, you need Brexit to occur. Then, if the independents win that referendum, Scotland can make the necessary legal applications to become a member of the EU.

Maybe all the above will come to pass and Scotland can become a minor subsidiary member of the autocratic EU.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So a referendum is very different from a general election, there are lots of instances where a referendum is repeated,

Under different circumstances and with quite different justifications.

.....we have very strong calls right now for example for a second Scottish referendum for example,.....

And there is strong opposition to the idea as well.

After the farce surrounding this referendum I can't see there being another referendum in the UK for a while.

I'm surprised you have such faith in them when you can casually dismiss the results of one and apparently put more faith in a meaningless, un-monitored, one-sided online petition and a protest march which when the dubious numbers involved added together come to nowhere near the number of people who voted to leave the EU in a democratic referendum.

Ireland had two referendums on the Lisbon treaty,...

Enforced by the EU because the first vote went against their will and they then dictated to the Irish people that they wouldn't accept the result of the ballot and that they had to vote again and that the EU wouldn't accept anything other than a vote in accordance with their wishes.

That's the good old democratic EU, un-elected Commissars dismissing democratic referendums.

All thoughts of Scottish independence will be lost forever under the EU jackboot.

.... we had two on Scottish devolution and I could go on.

Scotland has quite a lot of devolved powers.

One in 1979.
The other in 1997.

18 years apart.
The result was respected and now Scotland has considerable devolved powers....that's called democracy.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

The EU are trying to abolish the nation state.

If Scotland were ever to remain in the EU separate to rUK then they would become nothing more than a remote hinterland of the EU superstate with little representation - not that representation will mean anything.

I can't see many EU Commissars fighting for Scotland's rights and interests.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

My only point is that there is nothing wrong with a second vote, the biggest obstacle's are a lack of political will and the need for a longer extension other than that there is absolutely nothing wrong with holding a second referendum.

Like not a thing.

I 100% disagree with this notion that going back to the people is some how undemocratic, if Brexit supporters are so sure its the right thing to do and confident in their convictions then it should be a walk in the park to get another leave vote passed through but at least it would provide clarity.

I have seen zero compelling arguments against it other than bollocks about it somehow being undemocratic to do the democratic thing and put it to a vote...

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

To be honest in my own personal view I would rather Scotland remain part of the UK within Europe however if we break off from the EU and Scotland were to go for indyref2 I would have to support independence in that instance.

A nation has the right to self determination, to determine our own fat as a nation and the nation of Scotland voted to remain in the EU. Sure it was a UK vote but the fact remains undeniable Scotland is being dragged out of the EU against our will.

That right there is the strongest argument I think for the justification of a second referendum.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

A nation has the right to self determination, to determine our own fat as a nation

But isn't that what the UK did with the first referendum?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

A nation has the right to self determination, to determine our own fat as a nation

But isn't that what the UK did with the first referendum?

The united Kingdom is a Nation of Nations, the Nation of Scotland voted to remain in the EU by a overwhelming majority.

The Nation of Scotland is literally being dragged out of the EU against our will. There is no other way to look at it really.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

As you know I won't ever agree on this;

There was a democratically held referendum.
The majority voted to leave.

No mention of any deal.

I knew exactly what I was voting for, nothing has changed except my contempt for our politicians has got even greater....something I thought impossible.

No-one has put forward to me a strong enough argument why exactly the result of that referendum should be so conveniently and casually dismissed without any sort of respect for those who voted to leave or for the very principle of democracy.

All I see is bitter people spitting their dummy's out because the vote didn't go their way.

If the vote had gone the other way - or if a second referendum does - would you advocate another vote?

Of course you wouldn't have.

And in the event of a second referendum going your way can't you see that your arguments to invalidate the first one will automatically invalidate the second one.
Surely you can see that?

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Why do you think I specifically care if it was 300,000 or 600,000 or even a million

Of course you cared - you kept a constant update - Your hypocrisy knows no bounds

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 11:40 PM quote reply In the 40 minutes since I wrote this thread its gained about 70 000 sigs!

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 12:00 AM quote reply And its just 1 million!

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 02:08 AM
The site has just crashed again.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:52 AM quote reply Just went over 2 million

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I can imagine a vast majority of the people marching just got here from Europe, Asia, America, Africa or wherever with their passports.

This is Monkey See Monkey Do. The Sheep effect.
They wouldn't be marching if it wasn't for the media over-exaggerating how terrible Brexit would be.
Climate change and Brexit ANXIETY only exists thanks to the BBC for making dramatic headlines about it.
News outlets prey on peoples anxiety all the time, they do this to manipulate and gain more views/ers.

Brexit hasn't even happened yet but because there are so many cowards crying about the economy, how are we supposed to meet the long-term outcome that so many of us were trying to achieve?
We are trying to make Britain better and we are still leaving the EU! so get over yourselves you marching traitors...

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

you seem to be confusing the petition with a march in protest for a peoples vote....

Two totally different things here buddy.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Not quite sure what any of that means, but then I'm not aware any of our elected leaders has ever talked about grabbing women by the pussy, so possibly that says something.

LOL

Wasn't there a spate of Politicians who ended up "suicided in sex games gone wrong" a few years back.

David Kelly being the most suspicious

Just sayin

en.wikipedia.org...:British_politicians_who_committed_suicide

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join