It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fix is in. NCAA Sweet 16

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I watched Duke play North Dakota State and became despondent with how the game was called.

Duke wins. Oh well, right??

Today Duke played UCF. And the same lack of equal calls as Duke fouled left and right and UCF got nailed with ticky-tack fouls. Hand check vs a cross body block (no call on Duke) are not the same!

Only gives me one option. Stop watching!

Duke, National Champions, if you believe that narrative. Not me!

The fix is in!

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I totally agree. It appears the PTB in NCAAB have already decided this one. The narrative has been running for months. Let’s reconvene on this in a couple weeks to see if we are right.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I may care about Gonzaga...

... if that doesn’t bother you!!

But no more need to follow the games anymore.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Yeah i kind of thought about that as in the Duke OCF game where Zion missed the free throw shot and I thought one of the Duke players pushed the UCF guy to get the rebound and it was not called and ofcurse the Duke player made the basket off the offensive rebound which won the game.

But isnt there a sports conspiracy out there? whats it called? I am not a subscriber to it. Where people in this cospiracy believe that the winners of all the major sports league are predetermined. anybody?? whats the name of it??

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

Yeah i kind of thought about that as in the Duke OCF game where Zion missed the free throw shot and I thought one of the Duke players pushed the UCF guy to get the rebound and it was not called and ofcurse the Duke player made the basket off the offensive rebound which won the game.

But isnt there a sports conspiracy out there? whats it called? I am not a subscriber to it. Where people in this cospiracy believe that the winners of all the major sports league are predetermined. anybody?? whats the name of it??

This started when the Commissioner of MLB stated they would be "no repeat champs" (I think it was Bud Selig ?)
Since then , it has apparently spread to all professional sports.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I watched a few minutes off and on this weekend.
One thing I must admit is that they don't play basketball anymore.
It appears to be more of a hybrid between rugby and mma with a hoop.

College basketball was once a place where skill was on display but not today.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Hi Teots

Didn't see that game, but agree that most big-money sports, appear to be at least slightly 'fixed' now.

Just watch for entertainment now, with no emotional attachment to results.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'd NEVER GO AGAINST Duke OR North Carolina...It's called good recruiting.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

It's been going on for years, here's the MOONWALK:

And:

And my favorite one because the ref calls the foul on the VT player!!!!

edit on 25-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchangelOger
I'd NEVER GO AGAINST Duke OR North Carolina...It's called good recruiting.

It's called the never to make the light of day Nike shoe scandal.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The problem is the amount of money being made. You get a kid, in school (as I remember, scraping by), who gets a knock on the dorm room door. "Got a big wad of cash if you don't score above the point spread."

If you have to pause to think about it... they got you! And that happened because SCOTUS unblocked sports betting. You see it happen in other sports on the other side of the pond. Futbol being one that was caught but I am sure others.

a reply to: Bluntone22

I watched because of the skill but the joy the kids had in their school wins (and losses). That used to be more pure back then, or maybe, I didn't see it or I have become a cynic in my older age.

I think I will spend some time outside, watching spring come in a bit!

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

I am just kind of mad that it did not stay out until the Sweet 16! I've seen it happen before and walked away in the mid 90s but my resentment is still there. Hence the thread!

a reply to: dfnj2015

That is beyond egregious! What is this, the NBA??

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Sweet 16, Friday and Duke is playing VT.

One upset as Auburn beat UNC.

Will that be the only one allowed??

Time will tell.,.

posted on Mar, 30 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Welp, bees, Duke won... go figure!

Now Zags are out... looks like the fix if I have ever seen one (yeah, Mr. Phage, a one time, one sample, bad science evah, but still should be recognized as a real data point).

Done!

Let’s watch hockey!!

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well Duke can't blame this one on refs. Barrett falters in the clutch and misses a free throw he should have made and makes one he's trying to miss, then they can't even foul on the inbounds. I don't know if I want that guy on the Knicks anymore.

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
DP
edit on 3 31 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

At least Auburn is in... gives me some hope. Along with UNC out (right?? Cray-cray weekend of overindulgence!)

All I know, my teams are out and this will be “sportsball” (whatever is on TV to distract me for a bit)!

Hope everyone else’s teams do well!

ETA: Kinda figured my run ended here! It was a good run even if the outcomes were not what I wanted!

Good luck if you’re team is still in!!

PSS - And Duke... YAY!! My thread’s premise is wrong!!
edit on 1-4-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: TEOT was wrong!!

top topics

join