It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dang....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Well, due to T&C, the title is not quite right....

My sound mentor died today. 56 years old. Cancer.

This man taught me so much. 30 years working with him on and off. I remember working on a church sound system install with him where he forgot to pass the j to me...and was pissed when I called him out for smoking in a church...

RIP my brother.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Brother. We all loose our mentors. But no one is truly gone until their wisdom is forgotten.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   

My mom died last week. Hurts like a mofo still even though I try to numb it in all the wrong ways. It doesn't help and now I'm a huge mess and depressed. The first step to immortality is to live a life worth remembering. She did. I'm going down the wrong road and thus will be quickly forgotten. I've come to realize now that as I get older, more of my loved ones will die and its depressing as f#$k. It makes me want to go first to avoid the sadness. Hopefully you're more resilient than I am. Life kills everyone eventually.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker

My mom died last week. Hurts like a mofo still even though I try to numb it in all the wrong ways. It doesn't help and now I'm a huge mess and depressed. The first step to immortality is to live a life worth remembering. She did. I'm going down the wrong road and thus will be quickly forgotten. I've come to realize now that as I get older, more of my loved ones will die and its depressing as f#$k. It makes me want to go first to avoid the sadness. Hopefully you're more resilient than I am. Life kills everyone eventually.

Crikey mate! If I could be with you and you would accept my hand I'd hold it until you felt better.

My regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Searches for tribute to mentor turned out fruitless.
Perhaps from a mentor's point of view.
edit on 24-3-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

I know how you feel Hun. My Sympathy to you and your family.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that you lost your mentor theatreboy.

new topics

top topics

join