It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloning Embryos For Organ Harvesting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Another weird theory I have that I thought was thread-worthy.

Say you are an aged member of the elite. You've lived a long life, and at your age you've got your share of health problems. You'd hoped to live to be 110, but right now you're not sure if you'll make it to 85.

Along comes Redacted Cloning Corporation. "Not to worry Mr. E! We'll get you fixed up like new in a couple years! All we need is a DNA sample and fifty million dollars and we can get started!"

Mr. E gives his sample and has his assistant call the bank. Redacted clones a fetus of him and grows it enough to harvest the organs. Mr. E gets a new set of organs tailor made for him.

I am of course speculating here. I have absolutely no proof for any of this. I think it's happening right now though. If it's not, the only reasons it wouldn't be happening is that we haven't worked out the bugs yet or there's something better that those people have access to.

I'm not even sure that it's illegal, strictly speaking. Oh sure, you put the right people in a room with that secret lab and they might do something about it, if they could, but there would be plenty I'm sure who would be happy to remain vague about the details as long as they were properly compensated.

The nature of abortion laws at present is that fetal tissue has no rights, so an aborted fetus really isn't something that is rigorously tracked as far as I know. It becomes research tissue at that point. We made a scandal out of Planned Parenthood discussing fetal tissue a few years back, but they are/were a government funded agency. I would assume that a private medical company would be subject to a lot less oversight.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on the legal stuff here, these are just my thoughts regarding this weird theory. If there are other threads that discuss this topic, please link them.

I don't think I'd feel right about it. I mean, even if they just grew it into a big organ sack with no brain or something, it still just feels wrong. On the other hand, if it were just a small tissue sample that then grew you a liver, or a kidney, without all the other associated mammalian architecture and hardware hanging off the side of the table, that somehow seems more palatable or wholesome. I'm not sure that it actually is though...I kind of get stuck on this question. If they had to clone a whole baby badcabbie to make me a liver that would feel wrong to me. If they could grow me a new liver but they had to clone a piece of badcabbie muscle tissue to grow it on, that doesn't seem quite so bad. (My liver is fine by the way.) I suppose the movie 'The Island' relates to this.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Unless the clone mature really fast,it ain't gonna happen. That's the big problem with theories like this.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Why clone an entire body when all you need is one or more organs?

Waste of time and material.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Depraved wicked abominable abhorrent ...... just a few descriptions of those who would do this.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
With my luck, I'd end up with a "mini-me"...

...a tiny a$$hole with bad gas, and a horrible attitude.

I already have a cat that fills that void in my life.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
... The elite?

If I could afford to have stem cells injected directly into my failing organs we'd already be in business.

You think this isn't already happening?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The movie: The Island...….they do exactly that. Stars Scarlett Johansson. That's all I'll tell you. Good movie too.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Humans, our lives are short. Much shorter then we can truly comprehend due to their shortness, and obvious interruptions to living like having to work 1/3rd of our day (or longer) just to survive. Then there is the sleeping portion, which is another 1/3rd which leaves us another third for travel, getting dinner ready and a little interaction with our families.

I think everyone would love more time, both in a day, and over-all.

Cloning organs tailor made would go a long way to helping humanity as a whole, and not just the elites. There is a whole slew of things that would be rather beneficial to 'keeping the herd' healthy for longer.

Sadly, it's all about the money tho, and that is likely why it'll never happen.

Would be something tho, seeing centuries go by, having parts changed out here and there, and expanding ones skills, mind and experiences beyond what we originally anticipated.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I think it would be easier to generate an organ via stem cells and a donor than clone an embryo for such a purpose.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The Island..... hey clone you've won a holiday, yay!

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
If you a rockerfeller you just bypas nature and have a record 7 heart transplants ala David Rockerfeller

Is everyone allowed to have 7 heart transplants by the age of 101? Or is it more likely that David Rockefeller has accomplished his heart transplant record because of his name and money

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Mr E could grow his new organ in his forehead.. its already done

Nose

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Also going to mention The Island. Ewan McGregor, Sean Bean for us ladies.
Good movie! They clone the whole person because they don't know what they will need in future, and sometimes use the females as surrogates to carry their pregnancies. But yeah, in real life I can see stem cells being used for specific organs.

edit on 24-3-2019 by Starcrossd because: added link

new topics

top topics

join