It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's war on drugs is whats fueling the caravans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

They are fleeing drug violence paid for by the profits of the drugs Americans buy illegally.

Decriminalize all drugs. Take the profit away from the cartels.

You dont fight addiction in a jail cell. You use a health care professional, or a counselor your clergy, family, friends....

If you can use and keep a responsible life, more power to you.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have seen what these drugs have done to the kids of some of the friends of mine. They cannot make these hard drugs legal.

We need to bomb the hell out of the Cartel and shut them down, declare war on the cartels. I grew up in the seventies and people did not get like they are now off of drugs, some chemistry of the drugs has to have changed or the interaction with food chemistry we add to the foods is causing serious damage to their minds.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

Too many people in prison.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The President should declare that, the cartels are terrorist organizations. They truly are.

ISIS is finished; let's unleash the Military-Industrial Complex on the cartels.

Weapons testing, with a positive result... (for once).

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

Decriminalize all drugs. Take the profit away from the cartels.

All of them?

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I think he just declared the Democrat party is a terrorist organization. And labor unions too. We have to protect corporate profits.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think he just declared the Democrat party is a terrorist organization.

That is like saying, I declare water is wet.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Pre double-post avoidance.
edit on 23-3-2019 by madmac5150 because: Science!

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think he just declared the Democrat party is a terrorist organization.

That is like saying, I declare water is wet.

"It was just a little coup, among friends... nothing to see here..."

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I have seen what these drugs have done to the kids of some of the friends of mine. They cannot make these hard drugs legal.

Whats the difference between gun rights and drug rights?

Both can harm yourself, both can harm others. I'm for freedom of both personally. I partake in guns, but I wouldn't with most drugs.

Can't alcohol kill people?

Is there a chance there is more to the war on drugs than what's told to us?

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
The President should declare that, the cartels are terrorist organizations. They truly are.

What you speak of is corporate welfare.

We know it doesn't work, just look at the history.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Both can harm yourself, both can harm others. I'm for freedom of both personally. I partake in guns, but I wouldn't with most drugs.

Let me begin by saying, you can't count marijuana as part of "the war on drugs" any more. It is legal in many states, and the domestic stuff is of far better quality. It is also far less destructive than alcohol...

The problems are opiates (heroin/fentanyl), coc aine and meth... these pour into our southern borders, and countless lives are destroyed.

Pelosi and her merry band of dimwits; they want open borders with Mexico... Why?

I'm guessing they took bribes. The cartels paid them off. I can see NO other reason for their refusal to secure the border.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I grew up in the seventies, I saw a lot of stoned people, but most all of them could comprehend things when not stoned. What I am seeing now is way different, I think it may be a combination of things causing this like I said. Or maybe some of the stuff they are adding to the drugs is causing people to lose their ability to reason long after the drug is worn off. I realize there is heroin around and that meth has become a major drug around here, but the meth was here before, maybe it is the heroin or something. Maybe it is just all the junk food these people are eating that blocks their ability to think correctly.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I just want to preface by saying thank you for actually engaging in a discussion. It's uncomfortable, for everyone.

No one wants to advocate someone just go down to the corner store and give hard drugs a shot (pun intended). It's a bad idea, we all know it.

he problems are opiates (heroin/fentanyl), coc aine and meth... these pour into our southern borders, and countless lives are destroyed.

If be willing to say many if not most people get hooked on opiates by being over prescribed. I'd be willing to say many if not most people introduced to uppers scored an ADD med from their doc.

My point is the issue is more Nuanced than just saying "those damn foreign cartels".

The debate in gun control (in which I agree) is killing is illegal, but people still do it. Well, drugs (non pharma-prescribed) are illegal.

Pandora's box is open. We have a way of playing all sides at the same time.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I'm just saying that it is a better idea to kill a$$holes in your own backyard... not the opposite hemisphere.

If you have a termite problem, you don't solve it by killing ants 20 miles away.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I grew up in the seventies, I saw a lot of stoned people, but most all of them could comprehend things when not stoned. What I am seeing now is way different, I think it may be a combination of things causing this like I said. Or maybe some of the stuff they are adding to the drugs is causing people to lose their ability to reason long after the drug is worn off.

You grew up in an era of young men being forced to go to a land that produced the most opium for the planet.

They used it to escape (I don't advocate that, I just recognize it).

Is it possible our past actions are butterfly flaps that turn to hurricanes?

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I'm just saying that it is a better idea to kill a$$holes in your own backyard... not the opposite hemisphere.

If you have a termite problem, you don't solve it by killing ants 20 miles away.

When something costs gram for gram more than gold you can kill whoever you want.

That's a job vacancy for someone who wants to make some coin.

Believe it or not death isn't the best deterant for those stuck in third world poverty.

Die poor and young or get rich and disappear... Not a hard choice.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
How about people having a sack, and not turning to drugs to "Heal the pain" We've become soft. I agree, too many guys in jail over some stupid pot charge...weed is not a drug, I'ts not for me but if it's for you...go for it.

Supply and demand. Most people can't suck it up and push through this hell of a world. So why wouldn't they capitalize on our weakness?

Immigration comes in many phases.

Some pour souls want a better life...God Bless them.

Some Pieces of # want a free ride...F them

Some drug dealers wan't $$$$....F them

Some politicians want their votes....F them

3-1 you loose
edit on 24-3-2019 by Sabrechucker because: add

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
How about people having a sack, and not turning to drugs to "Heal the pain" We've become soft. I agree, too many guys in jail over some stupid pot charge...weed is not a drug, I'ts not for me but if it's for you...go for it.

Supply and demand. Most people can't suck it up and push through this hell of a world. So why wouldn't they capitalize on our weakness?

I've heard middle-aged people with a regular script to antidepressants and Xanax say the same thing.

These kids are too damn soft.....

Like the seventies didn't happen.

It happened and it's back because no one learned.

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I just want to preface by saying thank you for actually engaging in a discussion. It's uncomfortable, for everyone.

No one wants to advocate someone just go down to the corner store and give hard drugs a shot (pun intended). It's a bad idea, we all know it.

he problems are opiates (heroin/fentanyl), coc aine and meth... these pour into our southern borders, and countless lives are destroyed.

If be willing to say many if not most people get hooked on opiates by being over prescribed. I'd be willing to say many if not most people introduced to uppers scored an ADD med from their doc.

My point is the issue is more Nuanced than just saying "those damn foreign cartels".

The debate in gun control (in which I agree) is killing is illegal, but people still do it. Well, drugs (non pharma-prescribed) are illegal.

Pandora's box is open. We have a way of playing all sides at the same time.

My youngest brother's current addiction began with oxycontin. Big pharma is definitely the nexus of the problem. I have no doubts about that.

He switched to heroin, when he could no longer get oxy. The cartels fill that void.

Big pharma needs to be destroyed through litigation. That is our legal system.

The cartels don't have that legal protection, and explosives are far cheaper than lawyers.

It is uncomfortable to discuss, but that is the reality... for millions. Watching what has happened to my brother...has been heart-breaking.
edit on 24-3-2019 by madmac5150 because: Anger

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join