It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Survival shows?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This thread is going to be fairly short, but I was curious if anyone has any new survival shows to check out?

I have seen quite a few of them, and TBH those of us with any experience, know most are complete BS, and you would never do a lot of the things some of these people do , in a real survival situation...........well , unless you were suicidal.

Was recently watching one called Primal Survivor.........within the first episode, I was rolling my eyes, come to find out the guy is from Seattle, says he teaches a survival course, but Im guessing his target market are people that think being in the outdoors is a $200k dollar camper with electric hook ups in a gated park....

So what say you guys? Any decent shows out there? Old or new that you might recommend?

Hell ill even watch some for the laugh factor

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

How about Yoobetoobe instead of boobtoob?

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Just want Garth, Laura and Jack back...

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

hey ill take stoobtube any day! thanks for that bud!

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
TRUE survival is harder than most people can even imagine.

It's not about a BOB, or a cave, or a run-away, or anything.

Most people have no idea how to survive. It's not about being nice, and being neighborly...it's about SURVIVAL. And, it's not pretty.

When the S# really does HTF...99% of people on this planet will not be prepared for it, and the 1% who are left will be shocked at the loss of life of the other 99%, reducing the survivors to .05% or less.

Are you ready? Can you live outside? Can your survive?

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
got to have water, a natural source of food to survive along with shelter
every survivalist knows that

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think the "survival reality show" trend has crested. Probably a function of the economy.

The larger social trend is away from interest in the outdoors. Annual attendance at National Parks/Forests is down except for the big 3 (Yosemite, Yellowstone, Rocky Mountain National Park). Most of the traffic in those is people "collecting" selfies from famous spots where other posters have shared them. Mile drop at Grand Canyon, old faithful, Rushmore, etc.

Numbers for fishing licenses and hunting licenses are on a decade-long downtrend.

Just look at the frequency of the posts in the ATS survival forum. Most of the threads are only a couple-three pages long, and multiple posts on each page are from mockers and gawkers telling jokes about social conservatives.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Dunno about a series...

I thought the movie Arctic with Mads was pretty good.

I think we watched it on Amazon Prime.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
TRUE survival is harder than most people can even imagine.

It's not about a BOB, or a cave, or a run-away, or anything.

Most people have no idea how to survive. It's not about being nice, and being neighborly...it's about SURVIVAL. And, it's not pretty.

When the S# really does HTF...99% of people on this planet will not be prepared for it, and the 1% who are left will be shocked at the loss of life of the other 99%, reducing the survivors to .05% or less.

Are you ready? Can you live outside? Can your survive?

Thats why I prefer the minimalist approach and bushcraft.......I learned a lot from my grandfather on the rez, and family and old timers........

I think what a lot of people take for granted about survival, is that even if they have B.O.B or firearm, rations, etc, that eventually it all runs out.......and if you dont know how to bushcraft, your chances of survival drop considerably......

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Just look at the frequency of the posts in the ATS survival forum. Most of the threads are only a couple-three pages long, and multiple posts on each page are from mockers and gawkers telling jokes about social conservatives.

I have actually noticed this too, glad to see I wasnt alone.......

Which is odd, because were closer now than we have ever been for a true SHTF situation and societal meltdown.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Dunno about a series...

I thought the movie Arctic with Mads was pretty good.

I think we watched it on Amazon Prime.

Thank you for this!!!! This looks really good I will have to check it out later tonight

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Graysen

I have actually noticed this too, glad to see I wasnt alone.......

Which is odd, because were closer now than we have ever been for a true SHTF situation and societal meltdown.

I think that's because those that feel they need to be prepared are, at this point.

Those that don't feel the need to don't care.

The ones that are prepared are probably concerned with OPSEC...

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Youtube

Here are some good youtube channels on the subject:

Canadian Prepper

City Prepping

Ethical Preparedness

Penny University

Survival prepping for normal people

FullSpectrumSurvival

Atlas Survival Shelters

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Dave and Luke were pretty good too. But that other guy asked all the dumb questions, like he was asking for people that didn’t know any better.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I think what a lot of people take for granted about survival, is that even if they have B.O.B or firearm, rations, etc, that eventually it all runs out.......and if you dont know how to bushcraft, your chances of survival drop considerably......

The children at Graysen Hall sometimes exhibit what I call "the One" syndrome. You know that part in the Matrix movie, where Neo has to fight the men in black, and so his helpers in real life just upload him a martial arts app. And then Keanu goes, "Waoh. I know Kung Fu."

My urchins are like that. They say "I know how to fly fish" because they've watched The Graysen doing it. I have to keep beating the crap out of them at poker and chickenfoot and pub-g to show them that knowing the recipe doesn't boil the soup.

I mention this because I think a lot of "peppers" are on a level with my younglings. They think because they know how flint and steel works that they can build a fire. That because they know the how to sight in a scope that they are certified marksmen/women...

I like Creek Stewart a lot. He talks about how you never have to built a fire on a sunny afternoon with no wind. You have to build one when you fell in the lake after a hard rain, and there seem to be no dry logs...

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

awesome! I have some of those guys on my list too!

Ill be watching the rest this weekend thank you!

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen

The children at Graysen Hall sometimes exhibit what I call "the One" syndrome. You know that part in the Matrix movie, where Neo has to fight the men in black, and so his helpers in real life just upload him a martial arts app. And then Keanu goes, "Waoh. I know Kung Fu."

My urchins are like that. They say "I know how to fly fish" because they've watched The Graysen doing it. I have to keep beating the crap out of them at poker and chickenfoot and pub-g to show them that knowing the recipe doesn't boil the soup.

I mention this because I think a lot of "peppers" are on a level with my younglings. They think because they know how flint and steel works that they can build a fire. That because they know the how to sight in a scope that they are certified marksmen/women...

I like Creek Stewart a lot. He talks about how you never have to built a fire on a sunny afternoon with no wind. You have to build one when you fell in the lake after a hard rain, and there seem to be no dry logs...

Amen I couldnt have said this better myself.........theres a huge difference between knowing HOW to do something, and being ABLE to do something.......

I know HOW to fly a small plane........but I have never done it, so theres probably no way I would be able to lol.......

Im fortunate enough to live in an area here in Idaho, that is really close to the mountains, and I can be remote in about 45 min or less.........that allows us to get up there multiple times of year in ALL types of weather conditions to practice, play, and look at different scenarios.......

I think the biggest reason the issue you brought up is so prevalent, is we live in an era of instant information, so people THINK they know everything.......

It use to be a joke to say "I read it in a book once" , but now that seems like an actual line of thinking

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's not new but I just recently watched Man Vs..

It's basically a Les Stroud type show with an alien twist. Not exactly what you're looking for, but I enjoyed it and it's along the survival theme so maybe you'll enjoy it too.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: thov420
It's not new but I just recently watched Man Vs..

It's basically a Les Stroud type show with an alien twist. Not exactly what you're looking for, but I enjoyed it and it's along the survival theme so maybe you'll enjoy it too.

Lol Ive actually watched this, it really wasnt bad to be honest........its a great chill and popcorn movie

posted on Mar, 24 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Youtube

Here are some good youtube channels on the subject:

Canadian Prepper

City Prepping

Ethical Preparedness

Penny University

Survival prepping for normal people

FullSpectrumSurvival

Atlas Survival Shelters

Commenting just to mark these for later and thanks for the list.

I should put more survival stuff in my youtube subscriptions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join