It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wanna give you a star but I can't

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Has anyone else had this problem.? I star someone for their post, it shows up, i refresh the post and the star count doesn't add my star.

Not a big deal or anything but I feel like this is a type of shadow banning if it's happening. Could just be impatience on my part letting the site refresh itself or something like that, but I think my starring capabilities are shut off...

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I've personally never had the problem other than due to site lag, which is a problem. Sometimes I have to wait a few minutes to star someone. But I've never refreshed and checked, rather I assumed it wasn't a problem. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Site lags my guess also.

Anybody here for any length of time kens its all about the crack, banter, and debate anyways.

As you are probably already aware all the same.

So i would not worry about it too much.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
Has anyone else had this problem.? I star someone for their post, it shows up, i refresh the post and the star count doesn't add my star.

Not a big deal or anything but I feel like this is a type of shadow banning if it's happening. Could just be impatience on my part letting the site refresh itself or something like that, but I think my starring capabilities are shut off...

You cannot star someone twice, it won't stick.

They had a problem with stars not sticking quite a while ago, but it was just a temporary glitch that time. something to do with upgraded software or something. I haven't noticed any problems lately though and once in a while I do check if the stars are sticking, I just checked one yesterday, because the flag didn't stick for some reason the first time, but I may have closed it too quickly for the flag to stick.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I've had problems at times and usually when I refresh the page, the star will appear. There have been times when even that didn't work, but appeared by the third try. lol

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Refresh the page and then do it quickly.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
stars won't always stick if clicked between xx:27 thru xx:31 minutes of every hour

system backup or something slowing everything down to a crawl

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about, your star is there. That lil nitch has been they way from day one

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
When one of my posts gets a bunch of stars, I feel that I really reached the first and second grade teachers out there.

"Gold stars would be better, though...", he thought, while sipping on a Capri Sun...

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Same here. It takes a few minutes sometimes to star a post or load a tab. And it happens more often than not.

I'll pay attention to the 4 minute period that xuenchen mentioned, but sometimes I have to refresh 5-6 times in a row and each takes 2-3 minutes, so at least for me this is happening much more frequently than that short window.

Best way I found as a workaround is to reload the tab, wait a few minutes for it to reload and as soon as it does try to get a few stars in before it slows down again.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
stars won't always stick if clicked between xx:27 thru xx:31 minutes of every hour

system backup or something slowing everything down to a crawl

I'm surprised that hasn't been fixed yet. This is the only site I visit that does that, recently I've just been signing off. I know every time it turns 27 past the hr. LOL

top topics

join