It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Striking view of Jupiter’s Great Red Spot and turbulent southern hemisphere

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Title says it all really , NASA’s Juno spacecraft team have released this composite image entitled Jupiter Marble.

The image shows off the Jupiter’s Great Red Spot and the stormy southern hemisphere to full effect , click on the image in the link for a closer view ... quite mesmerising.
Full Image

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Nice! The CGI just keeps getting better!
Once they master the motion aspects, we should be able to "realistically" put man on Mars.
Looking forward to more great images!

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Looks pretty dam similar to what I see looking through my telescope.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I need your telescope if you see that! I love the images but to see real time would be amazing! a little pink floyd to go aloing with viewing, you could have a few people on your hands

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wow, that's really gorgeous. My childhood 'scope was a pretty good one that showed Jupiter pretty darn well for it's low-endedness, but obviously wasn't remotely as sharp. It's kind of like looking at an old friend after getting vision surgery, I'd imagine

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Looks pretty dam similar to what I see looking through my telescope.

Pfft, the CGI program comes pre-installed in those things even if you build them yourself part by part, don'tcha know?

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Nice! The CGI just keeps getting better!
Once they master the motion aspects, we should be able to "realistically" put man on Mars.
Looking forward to more great images!

Excellent fakes, indeed!

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Absolutely beautiful. I can certainly get sucked into the patterns as my thoughts wander.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Could the red spot be like a gigantic tornado pulling up sediment or dirt from the possible surface? It does not match the rest of the atmosphere so why is it that burnt red color. I mean it can't be all gas there has to be some rock underneath all that.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

Nah.

It is bordered north and south by counter current winds. Those winds help to create the eye and since the “weather” doesn’t change very quickly the storm has been raging for hundreds (???, they don’t know) of years.

If anything, it points to a liquid atmosphere which is what gas planets mostly are (at cold temperatures the gas acts like a liquid instead of a gas).

ETA: Before you (you know who you are) go there, yeah got it, the turbulence heats the gas as does the pressure because of gravity. But that doesn’t mean there’s “ground” down there. It is an indication of convection heating from below to the colder atmosphere.
edit on 22-3-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Amazing image, thanks for posting. Still can hardly get over the fact that Jupiter's polar regions are blue.

I'm glad they enhance these images, there's so much detail to see.

There's lot more amazing images at the Unmanned Spaceflight Forum, including some outlandish ones.

www.flickr.com...
edit on 23-3-2019 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I see like all NASA posts people with NO talent or ability claiming images are CGI or fake well look here

With tech we have today amatuers produce images the professionals would be proud of a few years ago a quick search for amatuer astrophtograpy gives plenty of examples.

new topics

top topics

join