It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viewing The Moon!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Are you sure you people in Britain don't see it any different than from anywhere else in the World?

What planets can you see?

What is the largest telescope, can you see out our solar system? Could you ever see out of our solar system?

Links appreciated!

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wendellion
Are you sure you people in Britain don't see it any different than from anywhere else in the World?

What planets can you see?

What is the largest telescope, can you see out our solar system? Could you ever see out of our solar system?

Links appreciated!

Yes, I am sure everyone in the world sees the same side of the moon. The moon rotates at such a speed that it keeps the same side facing earth. The planets we can see are the same as what you can see. The only difference in the sky is between what you see in the northern hemishphere vs the southern hemisphere.

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

www.space.com... - This is a good one

[edit on 10-3-2005 by sensfan]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

What mag would it have to be to see the landers etc???

You can't. Clementine got the closest pics (as it orbitted the moon), but even it could only pick up the discoloration due to the blast marks, etc. I posted a pic of the Apollo landing site as seen by Clementine, on one of the recent "Moon Hoax" threads.... A simple Google on "Apollo Landing Site Pic" should find it...

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Took this from my backyard a few weeks ago. Used an 8" LX90 T-scope. Single image. No stacking no processing.

And no....the moon will not damage your eyes.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
great pic. What exposure time did you use? what kind of camera?

Nice scope too. I'm still using my 130mm reflector...need to upgrade soon!!!

Here's one of my better pics

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think that is a 20 s exposure at ISO 400. I use a Canon digital Rebel. I like the Jupiter shot. I havent messed around with Jupiter or Saturn yet. I need to finish my haartman mask to help focus.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Karaya]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yes, a hartman mask is a must for planets. I was getting terrible results till I made one. I use a canon Powershot A40, but I just modified a webcam for use and am going to get it set up soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join