It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A black man goes undercover in the alt-right | Theo E.J. Wilson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yes, you read that correctly~! I hit the air brakes and thought, NOW this has got to be good and it WAS AWESOME!

This subject needs to go viral to those who haven't seen this video, please share this as much as possible because what he says is EXACTLY what is still going today around the globe since the dawn of man, but I wish this happened when You Tube first started back in the day, but i digress. However, I'm happy to see someone took the time to try and make a difference where they are. I hope I/we can do that same.

You will be challenged at the end of the video, as I am now as well, but I seem to be already at the forefront of this very issue where I"m currently residing now. I know that without conversation and effective deep communication, we'll never progress (evolve) as human beings.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
There are a lot of reasons for the things he speaks on. I've seen it too.

One reason is the following video:

The best way is to actually leave the house and communicate with people and get things solved.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

He is obviously an intelligent guy, he was able to step out of the bubble of Liberal thought and ideology and have conversations with people that didn’t like him...albeit undercover as one of them at first.
That is what irritates me the most as a Trump supporter, you get painted as a racist or bigot or a Nazi.
I just happen to have a different viewpoint on things and I will listen to Liberals different viewpoints, but not when they are screaming and spewing hate continuously in my face.
They are definitely racists out there but what the Liberals don’t understand, they were there long before Trump was elected, not just since he was elected.
I asked a staunch Liberal member in a post the other night, why can’t white Trump supporters be included in the alleged diversity they claim they have?
Never got an answer.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Never got an answer.

You probably never will.

Some people are deeply dishonest with themselves or have a vested interest in maintaining their own bubble. Not all of my views are conservative, and there are many conservatives here on ATS who have had me on some other side of the table. What I like about ATS is that you must take people at their word about who they represent themselves to be. Empiricism is the name of the game. At the end of the day, all anyone here has is their word and the evidence that supports it. No race matters there.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Well, you seem like an intelligent guy. In terms of racism, do you find the following skit funny or offensive:

Part I:

Part II:

edit on 19-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Whenever I hear someone say black lives matter it makes me think about blue lives matter:

"If anyone has been hurt see Kyle the medic over there. See Kyle! See Kyle!"

edit on 19-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I like his commentary on conversations and the symbolic nature of language.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Clayton Bigsby was my first thought too LOL

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Never seen that before.
While there were moments of comedic stupidity, overall it was pretty offensive.
But I am sure it doesn’t bother Chappelle as he is cashing the royalty checks.
edit on 19-3-2019 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

But it does remind me of this one.
Dave Chappelle should be on SNL all by himself.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Those skits are comedic gold! They were a part of my teenage years. Comedy is about pushing boundaries and putting things into perspective. The greats say exactly what you are thinking.

He made a small percentage of stupid people look even more stupid.

No one was safe with Chapelle. And if you listen to him actually speak on issues he knows what he is talking about.

Ever hear his joke about finally getting money and becoming rich?... Then.... Obama is elected.

He also has talked about how the left has no sense of humor.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Really great video, and I love his sense of humor, especially in referring to himself and his own activities and perspectives. Wisdom with humor is always a winning combination.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I like the way he said we need to all embrace just being human instead of race.

Wish people would stop saying people that do that are somehow still racist and part of the problem.

Colorblindness is supposed to be the end goal, instead of bitching at people for refusing to categorize people by the made up concept of race for being colorblind and not seeing all the issues that people suffer because of race, it should be encouraged.

Colorblindness is the only way to end racism and colorblindness does not mean ignoring race issues, it means fighting it at it's roots. Being colorblind doesn't mean ignoring people acting racist or doing racist things, it means pointing out how ignorant any racist is no matter their skin color, because we're all human and any acceptance of race is ignorant.

Colorblindness does not mean not recognizing that racism exists, it means attacking racism itself rather than furthering it with more racism.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Your post is on point.

I read a study a while back about the usefulness of race classification. They could only find two areas in science where race is useful, medicine (sickle cell and black people comes to mind), and demography.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Even then it's not really race so much as a correlation between genetic traits.

All it takes to be racist really is the acceptance of race.

All it takes to not be racist is to deny the concept as stupid fantasy.

Anyone who says otherwise has something to gain by promotion of the concept of race.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Agreed.

The connection of usefulness wasn't characterized as particularly important in the study I read. Other than demography and medical correlations and links. If you're a doctor in a predominantly black area you are probably going to make sickle-cell screenings and treatment a priority.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Really great video, and I love his sense of humor, especially in referring to himself and his own activities and perspectives. Wisdom with humor is always a winning combination.

I know right~! I totally agree with you. I hope what he has to say reaches millions because it's so needed especially in America and the current political issues and multiple other stuff.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: projectvxn

Even then it's not really race so much as a correlation between genetic traits.

All it takes to be racist really is the acceptance of race.

All it takes to not be racist is to deny the concept as stupid fantasy.

Anyone who says otherwise has something to gain by promotion of the concept of race.

totally agree with you on this!

Rasisim is TAUGHT, either at home or by someone else, I used to be so rasist in my teens up to 20 years of age, I lived with a very racist uncle who was a miltary vet of 22 years starting in WWII....

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I know right~! I totally agree with you. I hope what he has to say reaches millions because it's so needed especially in America and the current political issues and multiple other stuff.

He just might! However many he reaches, though, I think his candor and humor will resonate with people who are already questioning... whatever they're questioning. And for those already done with the status quo, he can encourage and inspire them to keep looking for new answers and thinking outside the box.

And if they tell three people... and they tell three people... and so on... just imagine the possibilities!

top topics

join