It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A pen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
So lately I have been taking notice of pens that people use. I myself carry my own and never let others use it. Kinda a weird thing I have.
I also judge people on the ink color and type of pen they use. Though I keep that to myself.

So now I ask what type of pen do you use?

I myself use a 966 French Picasso.

I am curious if any other “users” have a favorite pen to use.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
I have a gold pen I bought at Staples for six dollars. It's not real gold, just a nice gold motiff.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I have a lovely set a friend bought me in college due to my poetry. No idea where it is and I use whatever cheap pen I can find at work.
What a first world thing to look at when thinking of others.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   

As long as the ink is black I dont really care but I do like one shaped/feels

ergonomically to the hand (not the thin pencil type) I have some very attractive

ones look gold with hieroglyphs down the shaft bought in Egypt on holiday.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   

My usage of pens has dropped dramatically over the last 10 years. I get almost all my stuff done digitally..

I bought a seven-dollar pen because I always lose pens and I got sick of not caring

Mitch Hedberg

Peace

edit on 2019pAmerica/ChicagoMon, 18 Mar 2019 03:14:55 -0500am311420193 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Our office manager uses a bic 4 colour pen the type you push the colour you want down and write. Red, blue, green and black, she is ocd so has some tidying issues
Just to annoy her I switched all the colours around in the tube, she did see the funny side of it.
I use a bic 4 colour pen as well, like the bigger fatter pens for some reason

CX

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I love pens, have rather a lot in fact .....my nicest pen would be my Mont Blanc Bourne Noir, but whilst the most expensive, it's not the nicest in my collection to write with.

That place is taken by a cheap 99p pink plastic Hello Kitty fountain pen that I got from my kids when they were little lol....it just writes beautiful on any paper.

My every day pen would be a Parker fountain pen, also a Parker rollerball for crosswords and the likes.

Ink wise, I stick mostly to Parker cartridges and bottled ink, but for my personal letters I like to use a variety of inks, from Noodler's Bulletproof black ink, to other more nice colours such as the Diamine reds, purples, turquoise and the likes.

www.thepencompany.com...

All in all though, I just love the art of writing, not really too fussed about what people use...as long as they don't lose the skill of holding a pen in their hand. A handwritten letter makes someone's day when it drops on the doormat.

My teacher taught me calligraphy from the age of eight, and to this day I still use the same pen as well as many others for italic work on letters. Every year I participate in the World Handwriting Championship too, not that I ever get anywhere lol....it's just nice to take part alongside like-minded writing enthusiasts.

CX.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hello allaroundyou! A 2 piece pin like that is a desk pin in my opinion and should never be taken outdoors.

I kept a Zebra F-301 for years but somehow that practice has slipped away over the years. During my 5 story plunge I've used whatever free pin I can find in the take one cans.
Or ask many times if someone has an extra pin if I'm at a business that has company logo on their pins.
Zerbra F-301 Pins
I bought a pack of cheap black pins the other day for the first time in years and don't know what they are. They are retractable black plastic writing pins that are hard to get writing if they sit for an hour.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I once saw a man kill someone with a pencil...A fricken pencil!

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I believe you can defend yourself with a biro..... If you stick it in the eye!

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

The one with four different colors built into it.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
I have a lovely set a friend bought me in college due to my poetry. No idea where it is and I use whatever cheap pen I can find at work.
What a first world thing to look at when thinking of others.

Kind of feel like this is a global thing, I have been to several 'third world' countries and lots of the people I've met were very proud of having their own personal nice pen
edit on 18-3-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

The one with four different colors built into it.

I love those fat pens..

Now that sounds weird i know LOL

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I'm not picky, will use whatever is at hand. At present, though, I have a retractable gimme pen that has a soft tip that serves as a stylus; I keep it with my tablet.

Nicest pen I ever owned had three writing tips: red, black and pencil. I had a large business checkbook back then and used that pen solely for writing checks and keeping the ledger. I think the mechanism finally wore out.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Oops!
edit on 2019 3 18 by incoserv because: double post.

CX

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Now if John Wick had class, he'd have borrowed my fountain pen!

CX.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Real pen work, I use Faber-Castell, capped, never click (hate those pens and the idiot who plays with them).

Everyday pen stuff, Parker jotter with gel ink. Always with black ink, both pens. Used to be a Fisher Space Pen (bullet kind) but after losing a couple of them decided to stick with a basic instrument.

Faber-Castell rolls real nice and the Parker takes a beating and keeps on going.

new topics

top topics

join