It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dam Breach and Flooding in Nebraska

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Nebraska has been getting hammered the last few days. All the snow and then the rain moved in along with warmer weather has had a devastating effect on the people there. My heart goes out to them. I am surprised really haven't seen much of this in the news. I heard about it from a friend at work.
We are seeing flooding here at home. Some people at work have gone home because of their basements flooding.
Some videos I found. Many more out there.

edit on 16-3-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Devastating forsure...
But why the terrorism forum?

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Such a pity. Extreme weather does so much.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

My bad............Mod please move this...........thank you. Not enough coffee this morning...........brain dead.

edit on 16-3-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Done.

And, FWIW, there is a nuclear plant that may be in harm's way......

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
And none of this will make the news because they are fixated on our President.

edit on 16-3-2019 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
US infrastructure falling apart, quite literally. That's a sure sign of a declining empire.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
And none of this will make the news because they are fixated on our President.

It's all over the news channels.

www.cnn.com...

ABC

edit on 16-3-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

The problem going on right now is that we've had a very, very cold winter and spring so the ground is frozen up to 2 feet deep in some places. Add in a huge dump of snow on top of it, and now there is warming.

Normally, when the snow thaws, it seeps into the ground, but with such a hard freeze, there is nowhere for it to go but into the watersheds like the Missouri R. As someone who lives downstream, we're watching the situation very closely.

All that snow from the bomb cyclone and previous storms is melting and will be running off instead of sinking in. This happens to a greater or lesser extent every spring, but this spring is more intense then normal. Our projected flood stages are going to be in the top 5 easy this coming week.

Then you are looking at maybe some more rain mid week ...

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I totally agree look at all the media attention to their actors,telling you want they want you to hear,meantime the midwest has turned into a giant inland sea,mixed in with tons of snow,there is 3 nuclear plants in danger just like in Japan,when snow melts add another 5ft,and meanwhile rain and snow showing no signs of letting up,and a large swarm of earthquakes,the New Madrid could wipe out 5 states with a large quake,plus the flood,it's because they don't care,they have known all along we are headed for devastation ,they control history,this is an earth cycle,unfortunately we are living at the end hard to think about but it is reality,better to be prepared then scared,and thank you for posting a relevant post been few and far between

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

When its all said and done Mother Nature can do as she damn well pleases and there is not much we can do about it.

edit on 17-3-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
This is destruction on any famous hurricane level that is being given little attention nationwide. But thats okay because once again, us Nebraskans will pull together to help each other and overcome. You wont see looting and killing like you would other places here.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
This is destruction on any famous hurricane level that is being given little attention nationwide. But thats okay because once again, us Nebraskans will pull together to help each other and overcome. You wont see looting and killing like you would other places here.

Heh, it's the flyover thing.

When a f4/f5 tornado destroyed a good chunk of the town my mom grew up in, my dad was on the county road crew, and they were, of course, delegated to the clean up effort but most of the town and surrounding farmers and families of people who lived there were pitching in. Dad said when the FEMA guy showed up several days later, he mostly looked around and said, "You guys have it organized better than I would have."

I think in the end he mostly left then to it, but he did have them shift one small debris pile so he could satisfy his requirement.

It doesn't minimize what happens to us, but we're used to helping our own.
edit on 17-3-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

join