It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman: “Nuke Syria”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Now we know where Rep. Sam Johnson (R-Texas) thinks the weapons of mass destruction are buried: in Syria, which he said he'd like to nuke to smithereens.

Speaking at a veterans' celebration at Suncreek United Methodist Church in Allen, Texas, on Feb. 19, Johnson told the crowd that he explained his theory to President Bush and Rep. Kay Granger (R-Texas) on the porch of the White House one night.

Johnson said he told the president that night, "Syria is the problem. Syria is where those weapons of mass destruction are, in my view. You know, I can fly an F-15, put two nukes on 'em and I'll make one pass. We won't have to worry about Syria anymore."

The crowd roared with applause.

www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com...

I wonder if Bush will take the advice… his constituents at this Church in Texas seem ready and willing to start shedding blood on a grander scale. I just don’t know if passions flying this high are a normal occurrence or people are going completely nuts.

Here's Johnson...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just lovely. How crazy nuts like this get elected is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I believe Sam Johnson has adopted what I call the Ann Coulter "nuke everything" doctrine. Followed by of course everyone's favorite, converting of the savages to Christianity renaissance period.
lol...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Too bad that motto of "nuke ('evil' country here)" seems to be blurted more and more these days... I wonder what kind of warped reality they live in where "nukin' em" solves a conflict...

I'm going to have to quote Bill Maher's "new rule" from a couple weeks ago here

... If we keep making superhero movies, the rest of the world is going to start seeing America as some kind of infantile fantasyland where reality is whatever we say it is, and all our problems can be solved with violence.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I cant believe I am about to say this, as I dissagree with nuking anything, and I am not of any religious faith, but here goes:

Why not? Its about time Christianity got on the "jihad" bandwagon. You know as well as I do if some extremist militant Muslims had the ability to drop some nukes it would have happened years ago.

I say that half in jest. I obviously dont think nukes are a solution to anything. But my point is, this is an extreme fight to say the least. And ill get flak for saying this, but I dont think the western world is doing enough. I think Syria should be attacked and they are a major part of the problem.

The USA and its allies either need to just stop and ignore the terror and hide, or they need to take off the PC kid gloves and start to get things done. There is no middle road here.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Now it's not only Iran that has rhetoric of destroying other nations with Nukes, its the U.S as well. It goes both ways. This is proof obviously.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The guy had the nerve to suggest something tantamount to genocide in a Church

God should have struck him down with lightening right then.

I truly believe that the US is the most dangerous nation on Earth and can no longer be trusted with the level of power if has.

The US needs to be disarmed!!

[edit on 1-3-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Aceofbase, you stated exactly what I was thinking. It's a very very sad world when people believe genocide is apropriate.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
And people like him are worried about Iran or North Korea having nukes.

This guy is a cretin and ought to be put out to pasture.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So the truth is finally out...

The U.S. government is probably Double Standard Paradise. We tell other countries not to be "aggressive" when they're not even being aggressive yet we openly threaten other nations?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Lovely, another person in the spotlight saying we should unleash nuclear ruin to solve our problems. Thanks congressman for giving the world yet another reason to believe all Americans drool over the thought of war and wholesale destruction. Like it or not government officials represent us all in the eyes of the world, (cough Bush, cough) even those of us who don't vote for the loonies. When some elected official produces a stinker like this we all look bad for it.

Imagine if those in charge of the nukes on both sides during the cold war thought like this guy.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
The USA and its allies either need to just stop and ignore the terror and hide, or they need to take off the PC kid gloves and start to get things done. There is no middle road here.

lol but why Syria?

If people at a Methodist church are so sanguine about using nuclear weapons for no good reason, I can only wonder about the rest of the country.

I always thought the general population would keep any extremism coming from Washington in check but I guess I was wrong. They think it’s a good idea to nuke Syria…

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Freedom of speech.....

This guy will get re-elected for as long as he wants to hold office.

For those crying foul, what do you say about bin Laden's supposed order to Zarqawi to hit targets inside the US? Do all the sanctions you are in favor of for Johnson apply to UBL also? A simple yes or no will do.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
For those crying foul, what do you say about bin Laden's supposed order to Zarqawi to hit targets inside the US? Do all the sanctions you are in favor of for Johnson apply to UBL also? A simple yes or no will do.

Err...last time I checked, Osama Bin Laden wasn't an elected U.S. Congressman so your argument is slightly off.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
I believe Sam Johnson has adopted what I call the Ann Coulter "nuke everything" doctrine. Followed by of course everyone's favorite, converting of the savages to Christianity renaissance period.
lol...

Oh man how did I miss this one

Ann and I can have "nuke'm" parties. You know BYON...Bring your own nuke

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by duh squared
Too bad that motto of "nuke ('evil' country here)" seems to be blurted more and more these days... I wonder what kind of warped reality they live in where "nukin' em" solves a conflict...

If the amount of ATS members who agree with the NUKE doctrine is proportional to US society I think we are in a bad bad situation

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This has gone too far!! another American calling for the use of nuclear weapons!! and this time in a church of all places! that's genocide!

This is a ridiculous double standard that seems to becoming more common. North Korea can't nuke Japan, Iran can't nuke Israel but the US can nuke Syria?

It's high time to take the matches away from the children before they burn down the house!

Oh well it's a democracy baby, if that's what those rednecks like let them elect these guys, they can share the sin in hell with him.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
How can people honestly knock America the way they do. I mean there are unlikable things in American society but cmon. The Arab world is a race of people with a very hateful mindset. Even before there religon came to be they were a very barbaric people. If native americans had an ounce of the violent and ignorant mindset as the uneducated highly religous arab this north american continent would be fighting bloody wars like the middleeast is today. And how can a country like the great usa stand by and let ignorant fools slaughter themselves and others without interfering. I think satan used the Arabs and gave them this religon to use against them. the religon itself opposes free will, which is what the real God is about.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I really see no reason not to nuke Syria, the destruction of Damascas is predicted in the Bible and they've been wholly unhelpful in Iraq and a sponsor of terror in Lebanon and Israel.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Greetings all,

Yet more evidence that US is becoming a violent fundamentalist state.

Many countries in the world are aghast at the terrorism Bush and the neo-cons are causing.

Iasion

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join