It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on the Sun???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
On an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation there were beings that incubated their young in black holes (accidently laid some in a Romulan engine core)...so if that's possible surely a lifeform in a star such as our sun would be possible.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Those were probably the exact words some Greeks said when someone smart said Earth was round and Sun was in the middle. And what Church told to Galileo, when he told moon had rough spots.
Surf

Yah except it was all pure speculation until they could substantiate thier claim. Until you can land on the sun, your gonna have a tough time getting people to believe you.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
On an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation there were beings that incubated their young in black holes (accidently laid some in a Romulan engine core)...so if that's possible surely a lifeform in a star such as our sun would be possible.

What?!!? Thats a TV show. Its not meant to be taken seriously. Sorry to burst your bubble.

A5H

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
IMO it's perfectly possible...
All EARTH creatures would die. But something we cannot possibly comprehend could live there...
Highly unlikely, but possible...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The sort of changes talked about are changes made in ignorance. In this case we KNOW that it's impossible. It's like saying that since we broke the soound barrier, we should be able to break the speed-of-light barrier as well. It's different concepts. If life existed there, it would be something so out of our scientists comprehension that it would be indetectable. Hell, scientists would have trouble detecting silicon-based organisms, let alone ENERGY-based organisms.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
What about ghosts or souls, etc. If they exist, aren't they "alive"? Having no substance (that we can currently measure), wouldn't they likely be pure energy beings? That's what I was thinking of when I first saw this article.

Maybe the sun is hell and they ARE souls? lol just a thought

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
No I am still ferm in my believe that Hell is Los Angeles

On topic:I dont know if this is possible ,but perhaps a life form could be based on an element we havent discovered or the life forms are plasma based.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by maninblack
Well I always thought It could be theoritically possible.If anyone has read Space by stephen Baxter I think the star lichen or another type of bacteria or single celled organism would be possible.

I have read this book but I think that this part of it was just setting up what was happening with the humans trying to spread throughout the solar system.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There is nothing to say there are no interdimentional life that could well live off our reality and do not get effected by anthing in this universe inclding the sun. Its just a theory by they way-makes good SCI-FI paterned by the way...

Does it not look like something is trying to firtilize the sun, what are they solar sperm or something?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What it the sun itself was alive? No one really knows what happens inside the sun, so with all the electric and magnetic fields going on in there, who's to say some form of consciousness didn't evolve? Our self awareness is based of electrical impulses throughout matter, so why can't the sun be the same? True, it is just gas and gravity, but you never know.

Regarding life on the sun itself, in terms of our definitions of life, then no, nothing built from matter would survive the gravity, heat and radiation. That's not to say that something that falls outside our definitions for life couldn't live there.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Havent you people ever owned a lava lamp?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Havent you people ever owned a lava lamp?

I have one here myself, fun to look at. As for the sun capable of inhabiting life the answere to that question is, yes.

"Boundrys leaves no room for possibilitys."

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The problem is in our definition of what life is, we understand life only as we see it on earth. I can almost guarantee we will eventually find a form of life that completley contradicts our current understanding of it.

Wether that will allow it to survive climates like that of the suns continuous reaction, I don't know. But I won't rule it out.

Originally we believed life couldnt survive without oxygen, yet we have found alot of life right here on earth that contradicts that directly.

We also believed life couldnt exist without sunlight, that too has been put to rest.

As it stands, we understand life as anything with a digestive system of some sort, wether it be in photosynthesis as we see in plants, or with a similar system to our own, of which alot of other life forms on earth use.

We also understand that all life has a DNA pattern we have come to understand... that too will undoubtedly be found false as soon as we find another life form which started from another source.

All in all the issue is not in what is possible or impossible, but what our minds can grasp. And knowing the human mind, it will only understand that which it has already come across.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Think about the size of those things, if you look at a picture of it you can see the "tail" radiating away from sun. Its gas concentrated near the surface of the sun and being blown outwards, thats why the "head" is very close to the surface.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
No, what you are seing is a type of thermal anomoly! There's nothing living on the sun, or any other star as far as science can tell!

Tim

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
That's why he wrote "head" and "tail" in quotations. He realises it's not life.
He was just remarking on the size of them.

I think it's pretty much assumed it's not life.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Originally posted by sensfan
Theoretically and physically impossible.

Those were probably the exact words some Greeks said when someone smart said Earth was round and Sun was in the middle. And what Church told to Galileo, when he told moon had rough spots.

Better to have a open mind. The world around us is changing very fast and our values literally can amount to nothing by single discovery.

Surf

I can see why it's impossible. Living things have some sort of organized structure. Gas/plasma is NOT organized... atoms are in high-speed motion, so you'd never have any structure to develop (say) a neuron-type pathway. And they don't have any physical boundaries (there's no "container")... all life needs a "the organisim (or structure) begins here and stops here" type of setup.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join