It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poison DUst: Depleted Uranium Kills

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Propane is vastly better than gasoline and it doesn't come from the ME.
We have mandatory emissions test here and my vehicle virtually registers zero across the board.

Though that might be popluar misconception the facts would beg to differ. The test that you talk about are only designed for Green house emissions and not to detect other harmfull hydrocarbons. Also propane in itself is a very good green house gas, better than co2 I think.
But in anycase, the very nature of the engine construction does cause a lot of leakage during carburretion of the fuel. Fuel injection is doing some good but such an overhaul is rare due to its prohibitive costs.
The link you have provided might be educational to you, I am familiar with these pedestrian details and all the promotional presentations of propane fuels. More importantly I am more aware of the basic fact of such a fuel, which undeniably is a hydrocarbon just like gasoline with only a few C atoms less.
In any case, I have found one link that might be worth perusing:
www.abc.net.au...

So what are you doing besides making excuses?

Hostility is not the sign of maturity. When you cant prove something with calm getting aggitated doesnt do anything to your further your point.

Yeah yeah lots of excuses to perpetuate destruction,

Though you might think of it otherwise, these concern are very important to the govt and to the pentagon. This is because it is their job to defend the country and without considering this probability they would be derelicting their duty.

Originally posted by IAF101
I suggest you jump in a battle ready Abrams and look at your dosameter then. 10 rems per year is the civilian occupational max, they excede that in 20 hours.

The max that humans can sustain per year is 150 rems as I have already mentioned in my previous posts. As for the Abrams I have close to many an Abram never in one but this is irrelevant.
The main point is the latency of DU radiation, and also the make up of DU. DU is infact a better protector of radiation than a emitter as can be understood by its great molecualr mass density than is much better than lead. Also the DU munitions in a tank are stoared behind a blast proof door. plus the Crew-protection system in the tank is suitable for even beta radiations and thus the alpha decay of DU has minimal impact on the crew.
This is the science of DU, I have already mentioned all this and more in my thread that clearly shows what is known and what isnt.

Verified by who, the DoD or independent scientists?

Verified by the IMM which has the greatest technical capability in that field. But sadly that is a govt institution and I doubt with the present hysteria their words would carry far.

Duty smooty, there would be no need if humanity changed it's point of view and they already know better.

Unfortunately humanity is not one collective concious and the "knowing better" argument doest carry far with many. The service of a nation, for a set of ideals, can never be something that can be looked down upon no matter which nation they belong to. It is a noble service.

I am futurist and efficiency activist, and war never adds up to being future oriented or efficient.

Though this is admirable in its own right, I would like to recall a famous quote by Gandhi who says : "I do not want to foresee the future. I am concerned with taking care of the present. G'd has given me no control over the moment following. "
I believe that this highlights the situation of DU brilliantly, for DU is now the best thing that our military can use to expedite war, for if there were anything better that would be cheaper, as lethal and better for the environement I would doubt they would decline to utilize it. But as there is no such alternative, only reseach would herald something better. This would mean allocating more funds for the Pentagon, which the administration is disinclined to do at the moment.

IAF

[edit on 4-3-2006 by IAF101]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Hostility is not the sign of maturity. When you cant prove something with calm getting aggitated doesnt do anything to your further your point.

I'll consider that evasion and you do nothing in regards to the ecology. Then we have little to talk about cause your a nemesis and we serve opposite sides. Go back and read my edits.

As for Ghandhi he had his mission and I have mine.

[edit on 4-3-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I know threads often follow various paths that compliment the topic.
But, I do not understand how emissions, natural gas, and such are related to DU.

Again, please, let's try to get back to the spirit of the beginning post.
Otherwise, I will assume the topic is exhausted and close this thread.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
A Kurd says get out now:

Tropic of cancer
The high incidences of cancer in Iraq are more than just worrying; it is a national catastrophe. When we were planning for the Arbil cancer hospital a few years ago, WHO had come to the conclusion that the world cancer incidence average was about 10% of the population. Iraq’s average is not known and in the year 2000, the WHO staff in Kurdistan had conducted no survey to find out and were not even aware of that world average. Today, sixteen years after the first intense bombardment of major Iraqi cities and vast areas of the land and water, the time has come for the huge increase in cancer as a result of the use by the USA of depleted Uranium.

The irony is that the current regime of Iraq and their US and European backers are at present guests of their own deadly Tropic of Cancer. They call it the Green Zone and have occupied it for the last three years fully protected against explosive attacks not aware that they have already received what might well be deadly doses of depleted Uranium radiation. My advice to them therefore is: Get out of there like fast! Save yourselves before you get struck by your own weapons. I will also bring your attention to the way the most senior of the new officials have since taking up residence in Saddam’s palaces, grown fat and big. That may be the first signs of the disease.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A vet speaks out:

Depleted uranium poisoning much worse than Agent Orange
We need to take care of our returning troops by insisting they be tested for depleted uranium poisoning and hold those accountable who knew of this DU poisoning but went ahead and used it anyway, poisoning the soil in Iraq for thousands of years, causing thousands of Iraqi birth defects and poisoning the tens of thousands of U.S. soldiers who are being used horribly with no accountability after-the-fact.

Unless we take care of the issue of DU Poisoning right now, I fear that a statement like this one will be printed in The Maui News in about 30 years when these capitalistic turncoats finally are legally confronted with their immoral, unethical practices just to make a buck. And look at how they’re treating our vets.

What a shame.

Bill Stroud, President
Vietnam Veterans Maui County

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Top it off with some some divine satire for the DU conscious:

Is Hell Too Good for the Iraqi Warmongers?

At the next lower circle, I saw suffering members of the Media, who had so zealously pimped for the Iraqi conflict. They were corralled into a deep pit of tar. There, I noticed, covered with feathers, Bill O’Reilly, Ann Coulter, Charles Krauthammer, George F. Will, William “Slots” Bennett, Mona Charen, Rush Limbaugh, John Podhoretz, Sean O’Hannity, Brit(ish) Hume, A.M. “Mad Max” Rosenthal, Christopher Hitchens, Judith Miller, Jonah Goldberg and Mortimer Zuckerman. Their punishment also included constantly sucking in and breathing out radioactive depleted uranium dust. It was pumped in through a vent. As a result of that ordeal, all of their heads lit up in the dark. It was a horrific sight. I pitied these war hawks their tragic fate. O’Reilly screamed at me: ‘I only did it for the money. Please get me out of here. I take back everything I said.’ Limbaugh whined, ‘It was the pills that made me do it.’

What came next, shocked me even more. It was a scene of the supra-greedy souls, who had reaped obscene profits from insider deals and cost-plus contracts from the Iraqi War. There must have been a thousand of them. Only their heads, which looked like hog heads, were visible. Their bodies were buried in the foul and oily waters of the River Styx. Occasionally, they were forced to swallow some of that slime. There was a neon light sign on the banks of the river, which explained their grisly fate. It read: “This Area is Reserved for the Pig-like Iraqi War Profiteers. It was Designed by a Condemned Executive from Halliburton.’

Dire lessons of the past repeat, making me wonder if some men are smarter than the mule. Pay now or pay a lot more later says the law of compounding stupidity.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
GREAT references regenmacher.

So Poison DUst is a hot topic again, huh?

Thanks for the links.

UK radiation jump blamed on Iraq shells: See Chris Busby's reports

Bush Impeachment probe may include war crimes in using DU. Some say DU violates Geneva protocols.

DU SCANDAL EXPLODES: Gulf War vets getting fed up.
72% active military want out of Iraq, many fear DU slow death.

[edit on 5-3-2006 by soficrow]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I offered this as a news item but it was apparently rejected? Anyway, it belongs in this thread.

House Passes McDermott Depleted Uranium Study Amendment
Possible DU Health Effects on Soldiers Will Be Studied
May 11, 2006
For Immediate Release

After years of relentless and unwavering efforts, including speeches, interviews, news conferences, working with groups like Physicians for Social Responsibility, and even appearing on a song in a newly released Punk Rock album, in order to raise public awareness, the House of Representatives today passed legislation that includes an amendment by Rep. Jim McDermott (WA-D) ordering a comprehensive study on possible health effects from exposure to depleted uranium on U.S. soldiers and their children.

www.house.gov...

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Reading this thread makes me SO GLAD I put IAF on ignore. I knew he'd be infesting this thread with his non sequiturs. And that revolting, childish avatar.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Please don't delude yourself into thinking that Depleted Uranium is harmless or nontoxic, it isn't. I have another thread on here that might be of interest in regards to DU...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
They have been studying the weaponization of depleted Uranium as a Soil Contaminate since the freaking Manhattan Project, they knew, they know, and the cover up is an active ongoing shame.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Of course DU isnt non-toxic. It does give off radiation meaning it can harm any living creature. Its also a weapon. Thats why I had a little chuckle reading this title; "Depleted Uranium Kills." The thing is, DU is very effective, and the countries that use it are not likely to give it up. I dont think this topic even qualifies as a conspiracy, everyone knows DU kills, its used just for that purpose. So I guess I would have to agree with the poster of the topic, but I dont give a hootin hell if its used in combat, its effective.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't think anyone is surprised that this toxic radiant heavy metal is health harmful. But the Pentagon denies that it has any harmful effects beyond their immediate qualities as a armor piercing, pyrophoric weapon. Many of us are concerned about its long term impact on human life not the target of the weapons. This includes US soldiers and other military and civilian life whether native to the region where the DU is discharged or not.

So yes, it is an effective weapon but some would argue it's effectiveness exceeds our ability to control it such that it kills and mutilates for generations after it's introduced to an environment. In that sense it's similar to land mines except that the damage is often done to the dna which makes it also genocidal.

You might call it blowback when US military gets sick when exposed to DU in the field. Whatever you call it, it is clear that many who understand DU are against its continued use in the field.

www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
... I dont give a hootin hell if its used in combat, its effective.

But do you give a hootin hell if it causes birth defects? In children born to Iraqis? In those born to ex-servicemen?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
But do you give a hootin hell if it causes birth defects? In children born to Iraqis? In those born to ex-servicemen?

Its terrible but what do you want me to say? The world aint perfect, war is hell, # happens. But at this point I would say DU aint necessary to use as a weapon, were not facing armored vehicles, though as it is, DU does penetrate about anything it hits, giving your enemy fewer places to hide.

[edit on 5/17/2006 by ludaChris]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It is now a news item.

www.atsnn.com...

Hey, now I'm a contributor too. Someday I want to grow up and be just like Regenmacher!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hi all,

Interesting thread here. I just wanted to let you know you have a well informed ATS member here with regard to radioactive materials, EM radiation, etc.. I handle DU on a weekly basis and have had for apx. 20 years. I have been certified by my State's Office of Radiation Control as an Industrial Radiographer and teach classes on radiation safety a couple of times a year.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Jbright

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
In a film I saw last night called Beyond Treason It was mentioned that 17 different countries have been sold DU munitions by the US.

Also it mentioned a group in Japan that has tried to have Bush brough up on 31 charges of war crimes. If only.

The best part of the film has to be when they explane clearly the destruction of a large munitions bunker before the 1991 pullout, and how this strike was primaraly done to destroy the evidance of bio and chem weapons sold to Iraq by Russian, Chec, British, and American governments.

I'm sure that there's more than a few threads that cover these topic individually, but as a great starting point, Beyond Treason does alot to outline these issues to the ingorant masses.

Theres a copy of it on google video under a different name (DU, etc. etc. ) you should check it out

peace

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaporTrail
In a film I saw last night called Beyond Treason It was mentioned that 17 different countries have been sold DU munitions by the US.

...Beyond Treason does alot to outline these issues to the ingorant masses.

Excellent link.

Thanks VaporTrail.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I found Beyond Treason on Google Video. I shan't link to it because it's against policy here, apparently, but I'm sure whoever wants to will be able to track it down.

A great documentary. Anyone who can remain unmoved by the pictures of the Iraqi birth defects (it's actually not possible to call some of them children) needs their head examined.

This is the problem with DU. It hangs around forever - to all intents and purposes - and causes horrific genetic problems.

Children have been born with one cyclopean eye, with their brains and internal organs inside-out... some, even, without heads or limbs.

These are crimes against humanity and NOT worth the penetrative advantages DU offers in warfare

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here's an odd thought....What if the real agenda in Iraq is to get rid of the stockpile of nuclear waste....

The point of view of many hawkish leaders in the past concerning war is that is beneficial to the economy and helps reduce the surplus population. Today, it has the added benefit of providing a distraction that keeps the media looking awy from laws that are passed in the name of security that are written, bought and paid for by international corporations.
I may have mentioned this before, but it seems that many peolpl forget that just because something is radioactive, doesn't mean it has no chemical properties. Uranium is a heavy metal. Even if it is a less radioactive isotope, it is still a heavy metal, and heavy metals are all poisonous. Uranium that is ingested is mostly passed through the bowel, A small amount enters the blood. That small amount may end up in the liver, bones or kidneys, where it can cause problems.

It seems that constant exposure to constant exposure to uranium bering dust is the real problem. as it can collect in the lungs.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I was trying to find a good place to put this DU article and even though this is an older thread, it is packed with information concerning the DU conspiracy.

It seems that quite alot of Italian vets from the balkan war are now suffering and dying from the effects of exposure.

The Italian military much like the US military & govt are downplaying the data.

Depleted uranium, depleted health concerns

An increase of the number of Italian soldiers who served in the Balkans during the 1990s who are falling seriously ill due to depleted uranium exposure is causing a public outrage in Italy, as the government downplays the extent of the problem, widely referred to as "Balkan Syndrome."

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
may have posted this before but here it is anyway..= "U.S and British troops deployed to the area are the walking dead. Humans and animals, friends and foes in the fallout zone are destined to a long downhill spiral of chronic illness and disability. Kidney dysfunction, lung damage, bloody stools, extreme fatigue, joint pain, unsteady gait, memory loss and rashes and, ultimately, cancer and premature death await those exposed to DU."
1. Cancer is initiated in a person when that person ingests just "one alpha particle"! This is consistent with what our original sources told us. When either a soldier or a civilian breathes in just one dust speck contaminated with DU, that person will ultimately get cancer. The process may take 3-12 years, but that person will eventually die. Dust blows throughout arid Iraq, thus making it likely that most of our soldiers and Iraqi civilians, will ultimately breathe in a speck of dust contaminated from an exploded DU munitions. Later in his report, Admiral Bhagwatt reported that this contaminated dust has spread in a 1,000-mile radius from Baghdad!
2. D.U. is scientifically considered to be a "nuclear weapon". Thus, each of our last three Presidents have waged a silent nuclear war against countries with majority Muslim populations: Iraq in 1991; Kosovo in 1999; Afghanistan in 2001 and Iraq in 2003.
3. Since D.U. poisons the air, the dust, the water and the food chain, my original sources were right again when they warned that we were rendering Iraq unsuitable for human habitation. This process is likely to take a generation, but it will occur.
4. The 1991 "Gulf War Syndrome" was largely D.U. poisoning. As our medical officer in a foreign army warned, the D.U. interacts dangerously and unpredictably with the toxic vaccinations to produce a variety of maladies amongst its victims.

"If we think cancer is a problem now, wait until more DU is released in wars against terror and for 'regime change' and on 'mistaken' Intelligence reports. More than 500 tons of DU munitions have been dispensed in Afghanistan. Professor Yagasaki calculated that 800 tons of DU is the atomicity equivalent to 83,000 Nagasaki bombs in a paper presented at the 'World Uranium Weapons Conference' in Hamburg in October 2003) ... The amount of DU used in Iraq in 2003 is equivalent to nearly 250,000 Nagasaki bombs." [Ibid.]

Therefore, the answer to the people who said our bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima did not permanently pollute Japan have their answer from Admiral Bhagwatt. Had we exploded 250,000 Nagasaki-type bombs in 1945, Japan would likely uninhabitable today because of radiation pollution. Iraq is not only in deep trouble because of our 2003 bombing, but also because this is the second time in 12 years we have subjected that country to "Trojan Horse" nuclear warfare. Now, can you see why so many of the Iraqi people have gotten so very, very angry -- not welcoming our soldiers with bouquets of flowers and kisses, but will bullets and bombs.

"U.S and British troops deployed to the area are the walking dead. Humans and animals, friends and foes in the fallout zone are destined to a long downhill spiral of chronic illness and disability. Kidney dysfunction, lung damage, bloody stools, extreme fatigue, joint pain, unsteady gait, memory loss and rashes and, ultimately, cancer and premature death await those exposed to DU."
1. Cancer is initiated in a person when that person ingests just "one alpha particle"! This is consistent with what our original sources told us. When either a soldier or a civilian breathes in just one dust speck contaminated with DU, that person will ultimately get cancer. The process may take 3-12 years, but that person will eventually die. Dust blows throughout arid Iraq, thus making it likely that most of our soldiers and Iraqi civilians, will ultimately breathe in a speck of dust contaminated from an exploded DU munitions. ]..guess that cold harted dude summed it up.heartless.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join