It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is whats missing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This video is in Portuguese, but at this point it makes all sense;
For the last 5 years i've been working for Apple for peanuts, like hundreds of people in Portugal that are forced to sign non disclosure agreements, to keep safe the image of another "Usurpador";
When you call tech support in English probably you will be atennded by one of my colleagues, working on low work conditions, being bullyed all day long for months, years..
We have superior degrees and speak 2 or 3 diferent languages, Apple has all our info on their databases, but we "dont work for Apple", being robbed, bullyed in a suposed 1st world country;
A few weeks ago a colllegue took his life...
I cannot stand here quiet and silent, you disgust me! Such work on a clean image when you exploit people with superior degreees and bully them daily....
This video is from a childrens show, but it says it all: "...Hoo if you knew the sun is for free, and life is a miracle where anything can happen, and nothing else stays or matters more then LOVE,... Look what a sad thing, these humans dont laugh or sing, they lost their grace, the poor humans are suffering..."

edit on 0121831x0000001106pm331 by Bitxushanty because: cause i have to!!! Never forget Jorge Paulo Machado!!

edit on 0273931x0000004006pm331 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

i wanted to leave a heart here for you, its ours

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Can you share where those conditions are? I totally believe you especially after reading about Amazon. Do you have any other job opportunities your degrees should qualify you for? So sorry you feel so trapped.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I’m just curious, but don’t you have a choice as to where you work? You blame Apple, but can’t you leave? Do they keep you chained to the phone?
This goes for anyone complaining of any job. I don’t like to work. In fact, I would rather not work at all and just enjoy the sunshine. But I’m thankful I have a job to put a roof over my head and food in my belly.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Welll i do, with other companies with the same offer, i have adegree but i'll work for the minimum and dont say a word...
We are not totaly trapped, the thing is we do an excelent job and we are treated as seconda class citizens in our own country... That is whats sad.. The EURO fraude...
Its not just the conditions is the silence, the fact no one knows, no one cares, so here it is folks, now you know...
edit on 0683831x0000003007pm331 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815
Have you invested years of your life, work, money to get a degree to be runned over by some multi-national taking advantage of the euro chrisis??
The only chance i've got is to leave my country, that why Apple's HQ is in Ireland, this was imposed, so if i want a honest job that pays me for my skills, i have to leave my country, if i stay i have these black vultures overing over us to see where they can make the most profit.
Why no have the HQ in the US? Its an US company right? why not provide jobs for you guys? cause they can can exploit us, silently....

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bitxushanty

Just a very small example, we have to pay for the internet and phone line to be able to work, we have to buy our own chairs, and we dont have any type or real work insurance, as i said i work for them for 5 years make a guess on my monthly paycheck, and you will be amazed, not for the positive side....

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

again, is there no other job opportunities in your country? I had no idea Ireland was so horrible.
Why not open a Pub? I heard it once that an Irish man might occasionally sip some whiskey. But I immediately discounted that as a racist comment.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Hahahahahah well i live in Portugal, things here are bad, and i have left and came back, do you wanna leave your country? and your family?
Thats why i decided to stay, but due to the Euro Fraud there are not many specialized job offers, and we are moving away from topic;
I want YOU to know that Apple is not but an image built of the work of honest hard-working people, making peanuts, the same job i do here, in the US would be payd in triple or more, but they dont want to give you a job, its much more easy to exploit people already with degrees, that speak multiple languages and no one knows about it.
Of course i can go a serve coffes, or work at a restaurant or fast fodd thingy, i'm not afraid of work, but its just not fair, and its not fair for the world to be iluded on something they sell you to be clean and friendly, when in fact is disssimulated slavery.

edit on 0911131x0000002808pm331 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bitxushanty
Have you invested years of your life, work, money to get a degree to be runned over by some multi-national taking advantage of the euro chrisis??
The only chance i've got is to leave my country, that why Apple's HQ is in Ireland, this was imposed, so if i want a honest job that pays me for my skills, i have to leave my country, if i stay i have these black vultures overing over us to see where they can make the most profit.
Why no have the HQ in the US? Its an US company right? why not provide jobs for you guys? cause they can can exploit us, silently....

We DO have HQ in the US. In fact, there are many. And many of us are in the exact same position as you, working for a contract company rather than the main company itself. Google is famous for this. they hire a contractor company to fulfill their boiler room jobs such as support. The employees there do not work directly for Google and do not make Google-level wages or Google level benefits.

Of course, if you have a college degree and the requisite skills, you are not required to work for a company like this. You can quit and market your skills in the open market. And yeah, you might have to move. That's how the game has been played for several hundred years now. It's nothing new.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I am sorry for you friend.. I have your job but domestically and for a company less #ty than Apple apparently.. although it does depend on the specific bpo, some are way better than others.

If you've got all your degrees and certs, you can quit and market your skills elsewhere. Otherwise these positions definitely can lock in over qualified people but it is what it is..outsourcing really.

They can also help provide stepping stone opportunities to people without degrees beneficially. I hope and pray at least.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

But I don't really know. Maybe I am kinda thick but- I think they work you hard and treat you badly but specifics would help me to better understand your dilemma.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Workers of the World unite!

It's not a pyramid system. It's a GIANT spike driving itself into the World's heart.

The words of FDR are MORE true today than when they were spoken in 1936 after the Great Depression:

"An old English judge once said: 'Necessitous men are not free men.' Liberty requires opportunity to make a living - a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.

For too many of us the political equality we once had won was meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor - other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free; liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of happiness.

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government."

edit on 13-3-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bitxushanty

I have dedicated years of my life to a job that I ultimately walked away from. I didn’t like how they began treating me, so I moved on. Degrees are a dime a dozen here in the states. So lots of people have wasted their time and money on them.

Apple does provide jobs in/for the US. Lots and lots of jobs. What would you do if Apple didn’t provide you a job in Portugal? Starve? Why are you blaming your employer for your problems? If you don’t like your job, find another one.

It sounds like you are fortunate that Apple is providing jobs there because apparently you have no other options.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Lucky???
I feel we are back in comunist fascim, if it wasn't for the instaured crazyness that we dont have a voice;
I wouldn't need any international company to live, i could have my own piece of land, i could work the land and produce everything i need to survive;
But the system forces you to this, forces you to be robot, to accept the minimum, to accept not to be tretated as a human being.
The Educational system does not teach you how to think, teaches you how to belong to the machine, and i ask you very honestly, tell me one thing you learned in highschool that you used on your adult/profesional live? Just one thing, you wont find it. The system makes us the opressors and we take the same opression to others, making them believe that without the system you would not survive.
Well that is a lie, we are the people, we are the working hands and together we have the power to stop this new world slavery.
edit on 6771631x0000001510am331 by Bitxushanty because: * sorrry for any typo

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Thats it! Thank you!

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815
I’m just curious, but don’t you have a choice as to where you work? You blame Apple, but can’t you leave? Do they keep you chained to the phone?
This goes for anyone complaining of any job. I don’t like to work. In fact, I would rather not work at all and just enjoy the sunshine. But I’m thankful I have a job to put a roof over my head and food in my belly.

They are thankful to....and your job is as corrupted by criminal syndicates as his is....you are chained to your job and the global criminals who own you the same way he is...just different working conditions.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Look, I get it. I’m a “can’t we all get along” laying in a field of flowers kinda person. All I’m saying is, don’t bite the hand that feeds you. It sounds to me like you are blaming your employer for all of your life’s (and Country’s) problems.

I have had to make several hard decisions in life to be comfortable. I have sacrificed, lost friends, moved from family, given up jobs I loved, and went without material things so that I could better myself and situation. Maybe not to the extent that you think you have. But realize you aren’t the only one in the world who feels under paid and under appreciated.

Yes, the big companies make us feel like we are working slave labor. However, we want, need, and buy the things to keep them in business. If everyone wanted to just own a little piece of land and work it without their IPhone and internet, then Apple wouldn’t exist. We created the monster, we are the monsters.

The problem is much bigger than your employer/Apple. Anyhow, try to better yourself and your situation. Maybe if you can try to start noticing positives you might start to feel a little happier in life.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Not at all, i'm not blaming, thank god i have good hands to work and i'm not afraid of a honest, hard working job;
I just wanted to expose the situation!
I'm not bitting anyone, i chose to accept the job although deep inside i knew i was selling my soul to "the devil", this is not, but to expose that not so clean face they show ....
edit on 8285331x0000003101pm331 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join