It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embrace Your Inner Geek (Lord of the Rings Map Rug)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
One of the core values at the company I work for is Embrace Your Inner Geek which sums up this item I got for my new apartment.
Since I currently work remotely from home I was looking for an interesting rug and found something on Ebay which did the job.

A 5 X 7 detailed rendering of Middle Earth on a rug!

The rug itself is not the highest quality as its more memory foam underneath but the map is very detailed and accurate.

Anyone else have any other cool items like this?

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Well damn man, show the link, are there any more?

Very cool

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I would love that! I have a giant mouse mat that is the same, but of the world map.

Very cool!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
At last DBCowboy can do some good old fashioned Wargaming campaigns with his Beanie Baby dolls.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm so jealous of that...
I have the Gryffindor wall banner next to the entrance door, AND the Dumbledore's Elder Wand...I can always blame it on the kids when people look at me sideways lol.
Cheers to all the world's geeks!

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Nice!

A month ago I went to an antique show and bought 2 copies of the lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the ring;
First paperback edition.
Known as the First edition "Pirate" Paperback.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
For anyone asking here is the link I used to order the rug in the pic from on Ebay: www.ebay.com...

Initial shipping had it at like 30 days but got mine within 2 weeks.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Great map) I would like to hang one for myself next to the national flag of the United States) I have always adored the universes created by John Tolkien. Worked out to the smallest detail and interesting) I always wanted to move there and stand in the battle next to the protoganists. Sometimes I even saw this wonderful world in my dreams, and then I was sad that I woke up
By the way, I have a ring from the Lord of the Rings. Not real, of course
I bought it when I was in Europe. Of real gold! I also once kept a portrait of Melkor, but my wife threw it away (Eh ... I remember those wonderful times when I spent days discussing Melkor at one interesting forum of John Tolkien's art lovers. I still drop in sometimes then.

join