It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic diocese demands apology from 'SNL' for Catholic skit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: rickymouse

When you are a business or organization and hire someone who does something wrong, the decision to hire comes from up the ladder, that person is guilty of hiring the bad person, so that person tries to downplay things and cover things up. So the wrongdoer gets away with it and can later do it again.

Maybe you are confused, Jesus did not come to start a business.

How about Galatians 5:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

What happens when you leave the bad apple in the barrel?

9I wrote you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people. 10I was not including the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world.

11 But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a verbal abuser, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12 What business of mine is it to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked man from among you.”b

1 Corinthians

I am talking about a human flaw, not what Christianity is supposed to be about. The Catholic church kind of twisted what Jesus tried to do. It got bad for a while, but finally it is starting to get better.

I did not only say business, I said organization. The Catholic church is an organization.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470 You said that well. Some people just focus on the bad and they blow any bad things up to make the whole organization look bad. I know that the Catholic church does not follow Jesus in practice, Jesus looked more like a common poor person preaching than a Catholic Priest. But still most Catholics are good people who want good things for society. Of course there are some bad people in all Christian religions, but it is better to have Christianity in this country than no religion or Islam running things. I do not condone Islam but know that it does not mix with our society well, for one, in our society, women have way more rights than in Muslim countries. I do not think Islam will allow that for hundreds of years, anyone who does not agree with their religion would be stoned if it took over this country. Catholics and other Christian religions do not stone people anymore if they do not bow down to their religion. It took centuries to get out of that practice.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: CriticalStinker

watch Red Hot Catholic Love, a South Park episode. I think it does a magnificent job of explaining the issue of today, and it was written quite a few years ago.

The issue of today is that it's been known for decades. It's always been known.

I'm not a it church or religion, but when one runs like a government what are we to expect.

Our country is built off of skepticism of such.

Some of the most beautiful acts are carried out by devout religious people.

But in numbers, you can find corruption and protection. Small church organizations don't have that IMO beyond that of their small community.
edit on 13-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The Catholic church kind of twisted what Jesus tried to do. It got bad for a while, but finally it is starting to get better.

Christ is Christianity. It's in the name, that very man warned of the likes of the Catholic organization.

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I know that the Catholic church does not follow Jesus in practice, Jesus looked more like a common poor person preaching than a Catholic Priest.

Is seems like you are saying that fake Christianity for social reasons is good Sunday social clubs. Well maybe in life it has some merit to the Country but it will do nothing for anyone's soul. Jesus did not sacrifice his life for the kind of social organization you speak of. If anyone knowingly remains followers of false teachers they already know what that means if they know anything of the bible at all.

Jesus did not come to make a comfortable place to pretend to be Christian.

"If anyone comes to Me and does not hate ["love less"] his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple…. So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple" (Luke 14:26–27, 33).

<< 1  2  3   >>

join