It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRA claim responsibility for Glasgow University Letter Bomb

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I'm just more interested in Ulster becoming a part of Ireland due to my heritage

What on earth is that supposed to mean?
That is probably the lamest argument I've ever heard of in favour of unification.

Your alleged heritage means more than the rights of nearly a million people most of whom have lived in Ulster for generations?

Your heritage means nothing....peace means everything.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: oldcarpy

I just dont see why the should stay in Ireland if they want to be part of the British crown?

Who descend from Scandanavian Vikings btw and not Celtic origin

Because Northern Ireland is part of the UK. Their descendants have been there for hundreds of years and they have a full legal right to be there. Peoples migrate and populate regions over time and become part of the national identity. There's hardly a country on the planet that hasn't had this.

Believe it or not the communities have mixed over that time. Even the most hard line prod in NI will have a bit of green in their history.

I was raised as a Protestant because my mum was, and I grew up in a hard line Loyalist housing estate in Belfast, however my dad was Catholic. Do I have a right to be there or do I get kicked out because I was raised in a Loyalist community?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I wondered if this might happen. First thing I thought in response to hearing about the border debate - they'll use it as an excuse. Hopefully - hoping against hope - this won't escalate into a repeat of the 'troubles' (which seems like a newspeak way of saying 'evil fucjers who bomb # & complain it's not their fault that they're doing such & basically terrorising a nation which cares nothing for whether there's a hard or soft border'. Seriously, British people have more important things to worry about - why would we be in some way persecuting the Irish if Brexit goes ahead? Surely they recognise that it's Europe's fault for their imposition of rules which prevent the common sense negotiation on such matters between two nations which happen to be neighbours?! Still, we hope.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join