It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK seriously, what is wrong with Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: Tartuffe
He exposed how the media is focussed on the trite and trivial, namely, by policing his speech, as if a mistake should never be made while speaking. Of course they twist his criticisms to avoid his arguments.

No he did not expose how the media is focused on the trite and trivial. This is oooooooooold information. It has been written about, published about, hundreds and hundreds of books have been written and any number of movies have been made pointing out this information. Comedy troupes have been pointing it out for decades, making fun of the triviality of the modern media. Claiming that he ''exposed' this suggests that one has not figured this out for themselves already.

And just what is his argument in this single case. That he really did say Bob Cook of Apple but to save time and energy he said the Cook part very quickly and silently. So ignore that one small single event and pass it off as just that, you are telling me you bought that reaction from him, almost a week later? A week later? A statement that almost anyone can see through immediately? You bought that?

Bought that instead of the media's sensationalism? Yes, sorry, but only he knows what he meant to say. Giving somone the benefit of the doubt is called good faith. Only the media tried to make a big deal out of nothing. Are are telling me you bought the media's portrayal? and worse, that you care?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Must be a boring day for the rabid leftists if this is national news.

Kind of like every thread on ATS about AOC's hands and eyes?!

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr4c0n

Exactly. For some reason, he would rather double down and lie than admit one completely innocuous and insignificant mistake. Why bother? Any sane, normal human would just say "Oops" and move on. Not Trump. fake news. Never said it wrong. Said Cook so fast it wasn't audible. Jesus, what b.s.

Rick Perry said "Oops" on forgetting the fourth agency he wanted to abolish.
Joe Biden "God love ya" on his slip up asking the gentleman to stand up when he was in a wheelchair.
Trump "Fake news".....

It isn't that Trump lies. Most politicians lie. It's the moronic things he lies about and stands by those lies that makes no sense. I get that his ardent supporters don't care that he lies about almost everything for no reason at all.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sinistra

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Must be a boring day for the rabid leftists if this is national news.

Kind of like every thread on ATS about AOC's hands and eyes?!

I didn't know those exist. Can you link one so I can join in on the fun?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What's wrong with Trump? He's a freekin' New Yorker!

Just like everybody who lives in Paris thinks they're an artist, and everybody in Los Angeles thinks they're an actor, everybody in New York thinks they're a kind of playa/gangster. He is practically a stereotype of your typical New Yorker. Always got a deal going. Always think they're "street" smarter than anybody else.

Next time you see him talk, imagine that he's "Kramer" from Seinfeld.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
No big deal, he forgot cook of. Anyone can do that when talking, even the younger people do it occasionally. My daughter mentioned I was saying a few wrong words. So I asked her a question when my wife was there and she put a wrong word in her sentence while she was thinking about the question. Of course she denied it, but my wife just chuckled when she was denying it and said she heard the mistake plain as day. I admit I do make mistakes, now my daughter learned from me to admit the mistakes and laugh it off. It happens to everyone.

Trump denying it instead of just laughing it off is his problem, he does not want to look inferior to the people of this country and since Fake news is always targeting him, yes, the content of lots of news articles is twisted out of content, he is on defense. The thing is that all these reporters picking up every little mistake Trump makes are not looking at themselves, everyone messes up occasionally when talking, especially MSM. MSM messing up occasionally is not a problem, but purposely distorting events is not appropriate, I do not care if the disclaimer is found farther down in the article, that is deception of people who do not read the article. That is one of the principles used in propaganda, bury the truth so it is hard to find and of course if you add a little truth to something, more people will believe a twisted lie.

It is funny how you suggest that you or your daughter didn't know you made mistakes until at some point it was pointed out by someone else, and the typical reaction is "No I didn't" because that is what your brain believes. Trump's initial reaction would be the same...

On a small level what seems to upset the left further was for him to say I meant it to suggest Tim was from Apple or something like that, and that also can be true as his brain added Tim Apple together because he was thinking about both as he thought he said Tim from Apple. His recollection could easily have been "I said Tim from Apple" and then he heard Tim Apple and so he said he meant to say both which could easily be a true statement too.

In the end the narrative from the left will always be that Trump is a liar and a narcissist just to keep that fire burning for as long as possible.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
What's wrong with Trump? He's a freekin' New Yorker!

Just like everybody who lives in Paris thinks they're an artist, and everybody in Los Angeles thinks they're an actor, everybody in New York thinks they're a kind of playa/gangster. He is practically a stereotype of your typical New Yorker. Always got a deal going. Always think they're "street" smarter than anybody else.

Next time you see him talk, imagine that he's "Kramer" from Seinfeld.

I don't think people realize that New Yorkers carry a tough guy mentality, I'm surprised he doesn't throw an F bomb every 20 seconds like what is typical there, but much of the way he is comes from being that.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Trump denying it instead of just laughing it off is his problem, he does not want to look inferior to the people of this country ...

So what do you suppose would have happened if he laughed and apologized and when Tim Cook changed his name to Tim Apple, made a lighthearted remark to Tim about the name change? Or just ignored it?

In the past when other Presidents have doubled down on their errors (Gerald Ford on Poland, for example, but many others ) it ends up badly. The ones who admit the mistake and roll with it produce less rebuke.

So he isn't following the wisest course.

No he isn't being wise at all. I question whether he has a high IQ. Usually people with higher IQs don't put their foot in their mouth very often, I think Trump loves the taste of Toe Jam. He must bite his toenails every day.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Whats wrong with President Trump? He won.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Trump denying it instead of just laughing it off is his problem, he does not want to look inferior to the people of this country ...

So what do you suppose would have happened if he laughed and apologized and when Tim Cook changed his name to Tim Apple, made a lighthearted remark to Tim about the name change? Or just ignored it?

In the past when other Presidents have doubled down on their errors (Gerald Ford on Poland, for example, but many others ) it ends up badly. The ones who admit the mistake and roll with it produce less rebuke.

No he isn't being wise at all. I question whether he has a high IQ. Usually people with higher IQs don't put their foot in their mouth very often, I think Trump loves the taste of Toe Jam. He must bite his toenails every day.

More meaningless liberal dribble. Keep it up, 2020 is going to be another amazing year.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

More meaningless liberal dribble. Keep it up, 2020 is going to be another amazing year.

Not that this member needs me to defend them, but they are not a liberal. It makes us look bad when fellow Trump supporters assume anybody that has any opinion of Trump other adulation is a liberal.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Hey, I am a supporter of Republicans now, abandoning my old Democratic liberal support but that doesn't mean I can't say that Trump has his foot in his mouth from blabbing too much. He should have just said oh well, I screwed up when I said that.

An intelligent person can decipher if someone makes a mistake talking, knowing what the person meant to say and usually doesn't bring it up. Those who can't understand that person or criticize that person for messing up, they are not very smart since they could not translate what was meant to be said. So I think that maybe the people complaining about Trump messing up on this are not very smart, it isn't even important other than something to razz someone about jokingly.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Donald Trump was saving ‘time & words’ when he called Tim Cook ‘Tim Apple’

ETA

from all the hub-bub thats all but consuming the board... there has got to be some great significance to the 'Tim Apple' faux-pas than meets-the-eye...

i point out that Trump mis-spoke at the 21 second mark of the linked video evidence...

wow... i think we are in Wonderland all-over-again, --- Maybe an ATS researcher can analyze a Reverse-Speech sample of the Trump wrap-up speech for us...

edit on th31155241497312222019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31155241519412262019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

It's actually a pretty ingenious tactic he's been using for 3 years now. I believe he adopted it from the business world... The busier you are, the more easily distracted you can become, and that's something Trump has absolutely mastered where the media and his detractors are concerned. There are three camps of people in the US, Trump haters, Trump supporters, and those who neither hate nor love Trump. The Trump haters allow themselves to get hung up on the little things and make a massive deal out of them, while this happens, it has zero impact on the level of support Trump has among his supporters (I mean come on, nobody who voted for him is going to switch sides away from him over a flap about whether or not he said "Tim Apple" we simply don't give a rat's ass about something that silly.) most Trump-neutral voters likely don't care either, aside from viewing this type of nonsense as childish and ridiculous and, in reality, when one of these minute issues boils over to the point where a rant from the media develops, it likely pushes some Trump-neutral voters over to Trump's side because they're thinking "WTF is the media doing making something this inconsequential into such a huge deal? Jesus, the media really does just have it out for this guy, what a collective of dotards."

It's manipulative, sure... but most politics are, regardless of the party or side. It's just some have perfected the art better than others.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Donald Trump was saving ‘time & words’ when he called Tim Cook ‘Tim Apple’

ETA

from all the hub-bub thats all but consuming the board... there has got to be some great significance to the 'Tim Apple' faux-pas than meets-the-eye...

i point out that Trump mis-spoke at the 21 second mark of the linked video evidence...

wow... i think we are in Wonderland all-over-again, --- Maybe an ATS researcher can analyze a Reverse-Speech sample of the Trump wrap-up speech for us...

With Trump's 200 IQ he was actually right to say Tim Apple and here is proof..

edit on 12-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's manipulative, sure... but most politics are, regardless of the party or side. It's just some have perfected the art better than others.

Remember the uproar over Trump getting 2 scoops of ice cream and everyone else got one? Things like that and Tim Apple will push people maybe not towards Trump anymore than they might already be, but it pushes them away from the liberals as they look more and more extreme in their ways.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Hey, I am a supporter of Republicans now...

If you are a moderate liberal that didn't vote for Trump and really do not like him you are basically now alt right by the new liberal standards of 2019/2020.

edit on 12-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

What is wrong with this man?

He's not really a man, He thinks like a child, Talks like a child and acts like a child. He's just a big orange baby with # hair.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's actually a pretty ingenious tactic he's been using for 3 years now. I believe he adopted it from the business world... The busier you are, the more easily distracted you can become, and that's something Trump has absolutely mastered where the media and his detractors are concerned. There are three camps of people in the US, Trump haters, Trump supporters, and those who neither hate nor love Trump. The Trump haters allow themselves to get hung up on the little things and make a massive deal out of them, while this happens, it has zero impact on the level of support Trump has among his supporters (I mean come on, nobody who voted for him is going to switch sides away from him over a flap about whether or not he said "Tim Apple" we simply don't give a rat's ass about something that silly.) most Trump-neutral voters likely don't care either, aside from viewing this type of nonsense as childish and ridiculous and, in reality, when one of these minute issues boils over to the point where a rant from the media develops, it likely pushes some Trump-neutral voters over to Trump's side because they're thinking "WTF is the media doing making something this inconsequential into such a huge deal? Jesus, the media really does just have it out for this guy, what a collective of dotards."

I think you hit the nail on the head with that. You know I'm in the "Trump-neutral" camp and honestly I find this so silly it's hardly a political topic.

Politics seems to be a subject that causes otherwise mature people to devolve into grade school kids. Something like this is meaningless in the scheme of things. One thing I do get out of stuff like this, is you learn who the adults are in the room and in particular with other politicians. Any candidate who even mentions this would be a no go for me. We don't need children in office.

Where Trump goes wrong here is in even acknowledging this. It's sad an elected office holder would feel it necessary to respond to this crap, but it's reached the point they about have to. The media has become a bunch of grade school bullies with bullhorns and the voters are acting like children, who probably should not vote truth be told.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
He is, literally, that guy we all knew growing up. The one who lied constantly about the stupidest things. The one everybody knew was a poor, emotionally damaged idiot, but didn’t want to tell him. The one we always invited because we felt bad for him, but then regretted it because we had to listen to his bs all night. That’s who represents our nation now.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join