It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK seriously, what is wrong with Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
With all the issues facing the country today, this is what you focus on?

SMH

With all that is facing the country today, this is what you focus on?

Well yes indeed. With all that is facing the country today, what could be more appropriate then to pay attention to the actions and words of the ''man in charge'' when those actions and words seem indicative of mental instability.
Maybe another question we could be asking ourselves is just why are those who support his policies not questioning his stability as well. Why do they constantly try to down play all the seemingly wild exhortations of this man?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Dr4c0n

SMH

Why are you asking me this? lol I am not running the country, you are asking the right question but to the wrong guy.

Um... really? REALLY??? Because YOU thought it was oh-so-necessary and important to use valuable ATS resources to post into its own OP. Duh!!!

You weren't asked to explain Trump or anyone else... just you yourself and your OP.

I wondered the same. And your pathetic cowardly copout of a response told me all I need to know. So thanks. Much appreciated.

LOL you need to calm down, you are getting too worked up over nothing. You don't like OP or me, simple fix for that, IGNORE.

edit on 12-3-2019 by Dr4c0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
This is the thing though..

This is NO BIG DEAL. I misspeak all the time.

However, how hard is it to just make a small mistake?

You lie to cover it up and tell a second lie that completely contradicts your first one. You are keeping it in the media and blaming others. It is ridiculous and his narcissism at its finest.

What is interesting to me is the skill with which his base will skip past these incidents as baseless and then point the finger at lberals and the media and the Rinos. It's like they have all bought into the ''victimhood'' of President Trump. It's all other peoples fault.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I can't stand Trump but am not about to condemn him for a simple verbal slip up. This is totally stupid. Just as stupid as when a Democrat makes a verbal slip up and the Right jumps on the bandwagon to condemn. I still see people posts about Obama's 53 state comment. People who condemn over this slip ups are the countries greatest losers.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Dr4c0n

I once called my 2nd grade teacher "mom".

I should have been hospitalized and evaluated.

Good point. Once would not be any reason to be concerned. But the frequency of these little ''slips'' does seem to me to be reason for concern. Just as had you called the janitor ''daddy'' and your principle Oscar Principle. Small glitches but oh so many.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Um... really? REALLY??? Because YOU thought it was oh-so-necessary and important to use valuable ATS resources to post into its own OP. Duh!!!

Valuable ATS resources? LOL

This is news worthy, not because Trump called Tim Cook "Tim Apple", but because he lied about it. It was on tape, we all saw it and heard it, yet he's telling us he said something else, blamed the media for misreporting and gas lit the American people, again . When that didn't work, because what he said is clear, he gave another excuse.

It's not that Trump misspoke, it's that he continues to gas light the American people and blame the media instead of just saying "My bad!".

But, Trump can't do that. He has to go on the attack. This is not normal.

edit on 12-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The problem is no matter what he might say the left is going to spin it and complain. If he just said my bad we would still get 12 hours of news coverage on whether Trump is losing his mental facilities.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
No big deal, he forgot cook of. Anyone can do that when talking, even the younger people do it occasionally. My daughter mentioned I was saying a few wrong words. So I asked her a question when my wife was there and she put a wrong word in her sentence while she was thinking about the question. Of course she denied it, but my wife just chuckled when she was denying it and said she heard the mistake plain as day. I admit I do make mistakes, now my daughter learned from me to admit the mistakes and laugh it off. It happens to everyone.

Trump denying it instead of just laughing it off is his problem, he does not want to look inferior to the people of this country and since Fake news is always targeting him, yes, the content of lots of news articles is twisted out of content, he is on defense. The thing is that all these reporters picking up every little mistake Trump makes are not looking at themselves, everyone messes up occasionally when talking, especially MSM. MSM messing up occasionally is not a problem, but purposely distorting events is not appropriate, I do not care if the disclaimer is found farther down in the article, that is deception of people who do not read the article. That is one of the principles used in propaganda, bury the truth so it is hard to find and of course if you add a little truth to something, more people will believe a twisted lie.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

SMH

Why are you asking me this? lol I am not running the country, you are asking the right question but to the wrong guy.

You weren't asked to explain Trump or anyone else... just you yourself and your OP.

I wondered the same. And your pathetic cowardly copout of a response told me all I need to know. So thanks. Much appreciated.

LOL you need to calm down, you are getting too worked up over nothing. You don't like OP or me, simple fix for that, IGNORE.

A statement like that, indicates you prefer an "echo chamber". If that is the case, a left wing board may be a better choice for you to frequent.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

LOL you need to calm down, you are getting too worked up over nothing.

LOL yourself! I don't need to do a darn thing... don't want to neither

You don't like OP or me, simple fix for that, IGNORE.

Sure, that's a choice... but I decided not to take that choice. I'm not the echo chamber type!

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tartuffe
He exposed how the media is focussed on the trite and trivial, namely, by policing his speech, as if a mistake should never be made while speaking. Of course they twist his criticisms to avoid his arguments.

No he did not expose how the media is focused on the trite and trivial. This is oooooooooold information. It has been written about, published about, hundreds and hundreds of books have been written and any number of movies have been made pointing out this information. Comedy troupes have been pointing it out for decades, making fun of the triviality of the modern media. Claiming that he ''exposed' this suggests that one has not figured this out for themselves already.

And just what is his argument in this single case. That he really did say Bob Cook of Apple but to save time and energy he said the Cook part very quickly and silently. So ignore that one small single event and pass it off as just that, you are telling me you bought that reaction from him, almost a week later? A week later? A statement that almost anyone can see through immediately? You bought that?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Um... and? So???

I never addressed the newsworthiness of the OP... much less Trump's weasel words... only the OP's refusal to own his own post.

But here ya go: Trump's a lying liar.

Now what?

Not a damn thing -- that's what! It is what it is. Those so inclined will condemn and vilify and demonize... those so inclined will make excuses and rationalizations and other copouts. And so on and so forth. Lather, rinse, repeat.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

But did you then say "it didn't happen" and start accusing adults of making stuff up?

The misspeak is amusing. People do it all the time. What's NOT usual is for the one who misspoke to start denying the recorded event and then trying to blame others.

So questioning unusual behavior, yes, is valid.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Bush used to mis - speak all the time. We Brits were worried that he might give an Order to bomb the East Midlands.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

That's the extent of the testicular fortitude that the commander in chief possesses .

And the cult45 could care less. As long as it's not Obama that is...

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Trump denying it instead of just laughing it off is his problem, he does not want to look inferior to the people of this country ...

So what do you suppose would have happened if he laughed and apologized and when Tim Cook changed his name to Tim Apple, made a lighthearted remark to Tim about the name change? Or just ignored it?

In the past when other Presidents have doubled down on their errors (Gerald Ford on Poland, for example, but many others ) it ends up badly. The ones who admit the mistake and roll with it produce less rebuke.

So he isn't following the wisest course.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

A small mistake was made by Trump where he called Apple CEO Tim Apple, whose name is actually Tim Cook...oops, nothing big. For some reason, the reporting of this got to Trump, so he starting lying about it...why? What is wrong with this man?

Trump is lashing out over the 'Tim Apple' snafu, reportedly claiming he did say Tim Cook's surname

Swan reported on Sunday that as the president was entertaining donors at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida on Friday night, he told the audience he had actually said "Tim Cook Apple" — just quickly, pronouncing "Cook" quietly. He later turned to a favorite line of attack, calling out the "fake news" for focusing on the remark.

So I guess nobody bought that lie, so he switched it up.

Donald Trump was saving ‘time & words’ when he called Tim Cook ‘Tim Apple’

At a recent round table meeting of business executives, & long after formally introducing Tim Cook of Apple, I quickly referred to Tim + Apple as Tim/Apple as an easy way to save time & words. The Fake News was disparagingly all over this, & it became yet another bad Trump story!

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 11, 2019

Covfefe!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thought there was going to be some really good stuff such the case as Trumps family being indicted but no....

more drivel

three fifty.....?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
When Nancy Pelosi wished happy Thanksgiving on Valentines day the right wingers on ATS had a blast.
But when Trump fcks up they are the first ones to tell you to move on and to focus on more important issues.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Must be a boring day for the rabid leftists if this is national news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join