It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Germany and Japan stopped from doing evil but not America?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Germany during WW2:

Invaded countries,
Bombed countries,
Committed genocide against the Jews,
Colonized countries,
Murdered millions of people

And Japan pretty much did the same.

America over the years:

Invaded countries,
Bombed countries,
Committed genocide against the Natives Americans,
Colonized countries,
Murdered millions of people

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But how come America is able to get away with it but Germany and Japan didn't?

Is the world really that afraid? Is the US really that powerful? If the world destroyed America, would that really create more problems than solve it?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Why was Germany and Japan stopped from doing evil but not America?

Why do some folks know nothing of history , and count on others not knowing as well ?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ricardo1621

Because they lost the war.

If they had won, one or both of them would be in the drivers seat now.

To the victor, goes the spoils of war.

P

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   
You could mentioned Britain or France or a dozen other countries in the same context. I see what you're doing... You're just trying to bait people.
edit on 12-3-2019 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I do believe you are comparing apples to doughnuts here.

America for sure has done since insidious things abroad but i think its made out to look like they are in response to other countries actions. America uses to the media as best it can to justify its actions among its citizens and world population.

One thing America does when invading is it tears down the country and builds it back up establishing Democracy. At least that's the front in order to create a puppet nation.

I'm indifferent in how the US does things because well, i don't have the facts. 1 thing i do know is how the OP is presented is a straw man argument. It's not that simple and the comparisons are loose at best.

Graffik

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
No.

What Germany and Japan were trying to do was achieved by the US without having to start a war.

The irony being that after all the smoke cleared, America was the only nation left standing with a hefty beasting of manufactoring capacities and thus resulted in the US being the worlds reserve currency.

So, as the sole nation of things, our empire has stretched and expanded.

The US was the sole polar power and by introducing America to the world, maintain a dominate cultural, economic and military power.

Here, the Pax Amricana era will introduced a multi polar world as a result of technology perliferation. Many Empires will crop up and many nations will become more advance as a result of America.

No longer will we see a sole power again, the US may be the last dominate power to ever preside over a world again.

In the future, dominate factions around the globe will be competing.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Leaving out quite a few other countries, aren't you?

Spain? Look what they did to central and south America.

France? The Dutch?

You do realize that by the late 1800s, Great Britain had the largest empire that the world has ever known, it spanned the entire globe, and they were not exactly peachy with the indigenous populations of the places they occupied either.

In fact, your complaint about what was done to native Americans was started by the Europeans in the first place.

No country is innocent, and all have blood on their hands.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
I see what you're doing... You're just trying to bait people.

No, I am not. I'm asking this because I keep coming across the same "they invade countries, they bomb countries, they kill people" on YouTube, Reddit, Quora and so on..... if that's true, why has no nation even tried to stop them?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

To the victor, goes the spoils of war.

So, it's okay for them to do evil just because they won?

(post by Mroffensive removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
What Germany and Japan were trying to do was achieved by the US without having to start a war.

What about the Mexicans, the native Americans, the British, the Spaniards?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Because America and its allies DID it to protect democracy and YOUR freedom of speech.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------

If America was destroyed its allies would still protect that democracy. No one in their right mind wants to live under dictatorships and oppression.

If America and it's allies were destroyed then yes your problems would be just starting.
Some people just don't know what they've got until it's gone.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Haven't studied history have you.

The axiom "might makes right" is an apt one.

History is written by the winners.

That is not only true of WWII allies. It is almost universally true.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

No, they are similar and as you said, you don't have the facts so why don't you go search for them first.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

So how's the democracy going in Libya and Afghanistan? Iraq who are now controlled by an Iranian leaning dictator? Tell the truth, it's about oil and resources just as they've admitted about Venezuela yep somehow people still believe this is about oppression, starving people among many other ridiculous excuses.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ricardo1621

originally posted by: Arnie123

What about the Mexicans, the native Americans, the British, the Spaniards?
physics and the cold, hard reality of life.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Nukes.

The ability to show one side of the face while hiding the other, if the other was brought up

Nukes.

But all nations fall under this umbrella, all have the dark secrets and deals with devil so to speak.

Some have other means to keep things under the cover be it resources or blackmail or whatever.

No, I am not. I'm asking this because I keep coming across the same "they invade countries, they bomb countries, they kill people" on YouTube, Reddit, Quora and so on..... if that's true, why has no nation even tried to stop them?

when numerous countries put together come no where near spent on military might, who in their right mind would declare war on a force they know they cannot beat?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ricardo1621

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

No, they are similar and as you said, you don't have the facts so why don't you go search for them first.

Yeah.

They are both round.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
1 major reason is that when the colonial powers (Britain and by extension America, France, Holland, Portugal etc etc) we’re doing their thing back in the day genocide and stealing territory through warfare was still new and trendy, all the cool kids were doing it.

By the time the Germans and Japanese got in the game it was a bit last century and everyone was kinda over it.

so really it just all came down to bad timing

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

please name americas " colonies "

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join