It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you survive what Venezuela is going through?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I watch "Naked and Afraid" so I'll be okay-except for meds.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I have two normal sized freezers caked with ice and an old industrial sized freezer caked with ice. When the electricity went, I'd have to devise a way to catch the melting water until enough rain fell for me which would take a few days to one week tops.

Do yourself a favor... tonight, scrape or gouge out a few handfuls of that ice. Let it melt.

Then try to drink it.

THEN... go to the damn store and buy 30 gallons of water and put it somewhere.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Cool thread, good thought provoking. I am with Irishhaf, I figure I would have about even odds. the lack of electricity would totally suck but survivable. One would need to constantly collect and purify water. may need to dig out my old bb gun and learn hunt and eat crow and squirrel, gather cattail roots and dandelion salad, pine needle tea for vitamin C, But it's the psychological effects of losing the meds that would break me. My girlfriend has a rare type of cancer that requires a constant medication regime to keep it at bay. as soon as that supply of meds gets cut she would suffer a slow, awful cancer death. I fear watching that is the thing that would kill me, loss of hope , etc. . I can only imagine what is going on in Venezuela with such cases. Probably heartbreaking. . My (now) elderly father spent some time down there in Caracas for a job back in the early 1990's, said it was really rough even way back then.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lr103
Cool thread, good thought provoking. I am with Irishhaf, I figure I would have about even odds. the lack of electricity would totally suck but survivable. One would need to constantly collect and purify water. may need to dig out my old bb gun and learn hunt and eat crow and squirrel, gather cattail roots and dandelion salad, pine needle tea for vitamin C, But it's the psychological effects of losing the meds that would break me. My girlfriend has a rare type of cancer that requires a constant medication regime to keep it at bay. as soon as that supply of meds gets cut she would suffer a slow, awful cancer death. I fear watching that is the thing that would kill me, loss of hope , etc. . I can only imagine what is going on in Venezuela with such cases. Probably heartbreaking. . My (now) elderly father spent some time down there in Caracas for a job back in the early 1990's, said it was really rough even way back then.

Just a bit of advice, don't eat crow. Seriously, pick any other bird.
Crows are scary smart, and if you eat one their friends / family will forever attack you.
I'm not even a little bit kidding.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Crows are scary smart, and if you eat one their friends / family will forever attack you.

Sooo I gotta ask, how did you find that one out?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Easily
Forge a passport,get a good tan and declare myself president.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I have two normal sized freezers caked with ice and an old industrial sized freezer caked with ice. When the electricity went, I'd have to devise a way to catch the melting water until enough rain fell for me which would take a few days to one week tops.

Do yourself a favor... tonight, scrape or gouge out a few handfuls of that ice. Let it melt.

Then try to drink it.

I don't have that kinda money on me until I get paid. We're not all comfortable GOP voters here with funds to blow on 30 gallons of drinking water to keep in a closet for when the world ends alongside campbell soup and MRE collection.

Stop the presses, the slightly disabled but not really National Guard veteran who never deployed that I live with (an in-law relative) gets $170 in SNAP per month because I put the application in for him so I don't have to spend my pay on feeding him. Maybe in April I can talk him into that because he blew most of it already this month.

Nah, he'd rather fill up containers at home out of tap water.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Thanks, great point, I do know that, I have seen it, they remember a human face, I learned as a teenager if one kills a crow they remember you. they follow you, day after day (outside my house every morning on my papaer route, lol ) no peace. It happened to me before. Thats why i said one would need to learn how, , didnt say I knew how. need to learn,

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Sooo I gotta ask, how did you find that one out?

Years ago I watched a documentary on them, and have been reading about them ever since.
The more I read and watched, the crazier it was.

When a crow dies they have a little funeral, and then try to figure out who did it and plan an attack.
Different crows speak different dialects.
Read up, it is very fascinating.

www.thoughtco.com...

Scientists compare the intelligence of crows to that of a seven-year-old human child.
Crows, ravens, and other corvids are the only non-primates that make tools.
Crows are capable of abstract reasoning, complex problem-solving, and group decision-making.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I made the mistake of shooting one, I was a kid, day, I was just a teenager.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

originally posted by: Lumenari

Then try to drink it.

I don't have that kinda money on me until I get paid. We're not all comfortable GOP voters here with funds to blow on 30 gallons of drinking water to keep in a closet for when the world ends alongside campbell soup and MRE collection.

Stop the presses, the slightly disabled but not really National Guard veteran who never deployed that I live with (an in-law relative) gets $170 in SNAP per month because I put the application in for him so I don't have to spend my pay on feeding him. Maybe in April I can talk him into that because he blew most of it already this month.

Nah, he'd rather fill up containers at home out of tap water.

Triggered much?

I was offering advice... what you were planning would cause you at the very least severe diarrhea and would dehydrate you.

Which you wouldn't need at the time.

However, in retrospect I'll just hush and let natural selection take its course.

And edited to add... I have voted since 1984 and have voted Republican exactly once for a President.

I didn't vote for Trump either.

So take your bigotry and shove it.

edit on 11-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'd be dead in a week or two, lol. I don't have the enormous amounts of cash to have the land and types of luxurious off-this setups that you guys have. Hey, at least I'm honest. :p
edit on 11-3-2019 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

When a crow dies they have a little funeral, and then try to figure out who did it and plan an attack.
Different crows speak different dialects.
Read up, it is very fascinating.

Crows and ravens are very smart, yes.

A long time ago when I lived in a small town I heard a bunch of them going on and on...

Went outside and one of them had been hit by a car.

There were literally about a hundred of them surrounding the dead one, screaming and strutting around, all agitated.

I've never seen so many at once on the ground in my life.

Then some poor damn cat crossed the road a few hundred feet away.

The crows killed it... it was awesome and horrifying to watch at the same time.

Cat didn't stand a chance.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Y'all can say what you want, I ain't even tryna read it because I'm emotionally sensitive right now.

I'll bait squirrels with Wendy's chili crackers and drink boiled rainwater. I'll use my grill, charcoal, and lighter fluid to eat them. To kill hunger, I'll shred grass into bits and put italian dressing and powdered parmesan cheese on them from the kitchen because neither one needs to be refrigerated.

How do I know? Because I cook.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Wow that is really interesting, thanks for the link also.
I YouTubed some vids on this subject to watch in a bit.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
I'd be dead in a week or two, lol. I don't have the enormous amounts of cash to have the land and types of luxurious off-this setups that you guys have. Hey, at least I'm honest. :p

It takes time to get at a point you can make it a few weeks on a small income.
I’ve been getting my setup for almost ten years. And mine is nothing compared to other post on this thread.
I just get a few things here and there, after awhile they add up. Often times I drive through a Mormon town in Arizona and stop at a grocery store. There stores are stocked differently than most. Buy bulk on the cheap that will last a VERY long time.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

See, that's just a steady stream of fresh meat coming to you in that scenario. I always figured in an actual survival situation crows or ravens would make an excellent target purely because of that fact.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Don't fight natural selection, my friend.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

It takes time to get at a point you can make it a few weeks on a small income.

Exactly! One jug of water here, one there easily adds up.

www.yahoo.com...

OR there is always this!!

Desperate Venezuelans swarm sewage drains in search of water

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

In that case, an old woman named Nancy is in a lot of trouble. I read that she is eating crow today, and who knows what she is drinking....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join