It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another 737 MAX-8 down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
www.bbc.com...

Made me think of the Lion Air crash not too long ago: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This time it was an Ethiopian Airlines plane. It also crashed shortly after take off. The plane was apparently brand new, first flight 2018-10-30.
aviation-safety.net...

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius
Following with interest..

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
No survivors

BBC Tweet

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Security alert issued on the 8th for today by the US.

CivMilAir Tweet

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

What relevance do you post that with? That it was done by the US government or do you think the protests that they were warning about had an effect on this situation?

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
ofcourse crew error...!
who would dare to question the quality of the plane

as for all … money first !

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Because at this point, everything is relevant.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

It may or may not be relevant. Who knows at this stage but I read the tweet and thought it worth highlighting. There must have been a reason they advised against using the airport today.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What do they mean by unstable vertical speed.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The pilots reported an issue with the aircraft, and were attempting to return to Addis Ababa. Vertical speed was unstable after takeoff.

The aircraft was ET-AVJ, MSN 62450. The Senior Captain was Yared Gatachew, who had 8,000 flying hours. The First Officer was Ahmed Nur Mohammed Nur with 200 hours.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

The aircraft had at least two periods where the nose began dropping as they were climbing, and the vertical speed showed a descent, before they began climbing again, with the last period impacting the ground.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Ok thanks. thats what i pictured it meant. Why all the crashes with the MAX i dont think the aircraft is a poor design. Something new in the cockpit or plane that either poorly trained pilots or ground crew arent up on yet?

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

It's only the second. That's not a lot, but it's unusual for a new aircraft anymore. With the delivery date of this aircraft, I'll almost guarantee that, like the Lion Air aircraft, this one was built during the summer of last year. Boeing had serious issues assembling aircraft then, when they tried to ramp up production higher than they were able to sustain.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The aircraft flew between three and six minutes, with the vertical speed, as reported by the transponder, varying between 1479 fpm and -1920 fpm. There were 157 people on board, from 35 countries. Ethiopian has a fairly new fleet, and a good safety record.
edit on 3/10/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Yeah i think i saw a 787 in their fleet. Wonder whats going on at boeing right now

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It appears that at least some of the passengers were flying to Nairobi to attend a UN environmental conference.

The aircraft was delivered in November, and had flown 1200 hours for the airline, operating a flight from Johannesburg before departing on this flight.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Interestingly it appears that the transponder data cuts off before impact. The last readings published in the raw data show a 2400 fpm climb, at 8600 feet. That's almost a thousand feet AGL.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Something new in the cockpit or plane that either poorly trained pilots or ground crew arent up on yet?

I have been reading a new anti-stall feature may be the cause for the two crashes. It thinks the plane is stalling if there is some type of pilot error and will point the nose down automatically.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

It's still way too early to say it might be related to this crash. Other than the unstable vertical speed, it would actually appear it might not be. If you look at the Lion Air raw data there were wild swings between climbing and descending, and the graph of the data looked almost like a seismograph.

In this flight, we see a couple swings between climb and descent, but the aircraft appears to have lost power before impact. The final data burst showed a 2400 fpm climb.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
How many crashes of the same aircraft before they ground the rest of them until they determine the problem?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join