It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Pro Web Developers Around?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: Lumenari

No doubt, there's prob many answers and the solutions, but being specific to the question, either someone who's more of an expert than me will know, or they don't.

And Stack Overflow is good, but there's a hell of a lot of crap on there also

So most people won't even bother even if they may have the solution you need

Like selling stuff on Facebook and saying "price by inbox"

Ask and you shall get help, make people go through hoops, you will get bored people that says "oh i did not knew it was that, i don't have a clue bye"

If you ask right away you already can let people know if they can/can't help so no time wasted for you or them

Should have asked right then when you posted, is not as if you don't know what the problem is
edit on 10-3-2019 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: wtfatta

I use oltp rdbms frankly because nosql is not designed for matrix and tabular reporting with granular data. For auth tokens i use jwt. I prefer to handle everything in layers in my own custom api request broker. Request -> token auth check -> request object acl check -> dataset acl check. My permissions are as granular as my data. So I do not use an oltp rdbms for security directly, but because big businesses like to see data in every shape from summary to detail. Also i dont know if nosql databases can offer the availability i have by leveraging mysql multi-master replication for global site load balancing, but im guessing mongodb cannot. I have dozens of hot copies spead across several colo datacenters each with unique asn peers piped in on diverse routes and delivered as bgp to my ha load balancers and firewalls. I always tell people my disaster recovery plan is called "business continuity", but all jokes aside, yes I have one. Seriously tho, never had even 1 second of downtime.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: wtfatta

I use oltp rdbms frankly because nosql is not designed for matrix and tabular reporting with granular data.

That's what I love about GraphQL. If you want just a title, you ask for just the title and get just the title. Title and user messages? No problem! If you want a multi-dimensional matrix, just add the top-level relation to the schema. GraphQL (with Apollo) is what makes NoSQL viable IMO because Apollo (React also) gives you a global store for your data that any component can access.

With caching on client and server, graphql takes care of some multi-master issues though I have yet to test that on a large scale.

Mongo also has load balancing built in, but it does require a bunch of extra steps to get it all working nicely. It's definitely not a fan of external load balancing though.

JWT has been great to work with for user authing.

Thanks for this discussion! You brought things to the forefront that I forgot to consider in one of my projects lol

<< 1   >>

join