It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captain Marvel- Spoiler free

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I was trying to think what someone could put into this thread that would constitute a spoiler. I am at a loss.
It is alright for a single hero comic book movie but with endgame coming up, it is devastatingly overshadowed.

It was almost like a filler episode.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: DustybudzZ

Oh for Pete's sake! As a woman who enjoys the MCU, this reasoning pisses me off royally.

Why ignore all the already integrated strong females they already have in order to shoehorn this shemale?! I am mightily offended on behalf of Black Widow. In my opinion, she's actually the strongest woman in the entire MCU, but gets zero credit for it.

It's like they're saying a woman can't be powerful unless they are literally powerful and can literally overpower any man out there with Captain Marvel. Nice message when most real women know that doesn't actually happen often in real life. We women draw our strength in different ways and we can still be every bit as strong as men, and Black Widow is perfect for that.

She's the *normal* woman (relatively speaking) with super training and instincts who holds her own with the powerhouses. She's earned her place as a freakin' Avenger with that skillset. Even Steve Rogers has the super soldier serum backing him up. And does anyone ever suggest she doesn't belong? No. Why? Because they know she'd hand their asses to them if they did.

If they wanted a strong female lead for a movie, more people know about and are likely intrigued by the notion of a Black Widow movie. She's been a persistent presence in the MCU since the start.

They also have Scarlet Witch, Gamora, Nebula ... even Maria Hill, Fury's right hand. All of them are strong women.

But no ... we have to create a new character at the 11th hour and drop her in.

And if they go so far as to have her save the universe from Thanos in the second installment of Infinity Wars, I predict an MCU equivalent of the Mass Effect 3 endings controversy.

You must not have comprehended my post lol I was saying the same thing you are...

I was just saying there was no big conspiracy or agenda

And the fact that none of the women used in the mcu have LEAD roles or solo movies thats a fact

Thats what I was pointing out but I agree she should not have a solo movie befor black widow

I would also agree if marvel makes the same mistake DC did with superman I will be done with the mcu as I'm sure alot of fans will be lol

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: MyToxicTash

It would be hard pressed to be worse than the incredible hulk.....

It was worse then the incredible hulk LOL

In my opinion

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Anyhow Shazam is going to be so much better. DC certainly thinks so they gave a load of reviewers a month early screening. They never do that unless they know they are on to a winner.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's not an apples to apples comparison.

Being over a certain height and having physical strength and stamina isn't a requirement for sitting in a room and talking to someone.

She didn't judge anyone. She noticed a trend and asked why there wasn't more diversity. Which isn't a bad question. Why isn't there?

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Funny how the bigots who want to call out any field with majority white people or men will make excuses for any field with majority other races or women

She didn’t just ask a question about diversity

She said she didn’t care what white men thought of her movie

That is bigotry

If I said “I don’t care what Asian doctors think, there are too many Asian doctors. I only want to hear from white doctors”

That is racist

That is the equivalent of what she did

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I have looked an nowhere did I see where she said that she didn't care about what white men thought of her movie.

Can you please find me that quote? Because I can not find it.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

“I don’t want to hear what a white man has to say about ‘A Wrinkle in Time.’ I want to hear what a woman of color, a biracial woman has to say about the film. I want to hear what teenagers think about the film.”

variety.com...

That was in context of critics of her movie.

Imagine saying, “I don’t want to hear what black women say about a certain movie”

It’s bigotry, it’s racist

I am against that

I know sjws think it’s in vogue to attack white men

I am against all bigotry

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

In the context of the article it isn't.

And nowhere near on attack on white men.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

In the context of the article it isn't.

And nowhere near on attack on white men.

She is saying she doesn’t want white mens opinion on a particular movie

You said you hadn’t seen that

I showed you

Now you excuse it

It’s fine if you think it is ok to devalue or not want someone opinion based merely on gender or skin color

I chose to stand against bigotry

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You said this.

She said she didn’t care what white men thought of her movie

What she said was this.

“I don’t want to hear what a white man has to say about ‘A Wrinkle in Time.’ I want to hear what a woman of color, a biracial woman has to say about the film. I want to hear what teenagers think about the film.”

The context is different.

Could she had said it better. Sure. But I feel that's it's being blown out of proportion. And all it's doing is giving her free press.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The context is not different

Again, I understand you seek to make excuses for saying she doesn’t care what someone says based in their gender or race

I am quite sure had a white man claimed he didn’t want to hear black womens opinions of a movie, you wouldn’t be making excuses for it

I dislike all bigotry

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Captain Marvel sucks and Lee Barson or whatever her name is can...... can just accept it...... and do better next time...... maybe it's time for these Marvel movies to end.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Record Breaker

Carol Danvers' debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe has Marvel Studios soaring to another box office success! In its opening weekend, Marvel Studios' "Captain Marvel" made $153 million in North America and $455 million worldwide. It's the biggest global debut for a women-fronted film ever and the second-biggest debut for a Super Hero movie, right behind Marvel Studios' "Avengers: Infinity War."

DAAAAAYUM. This film is killing it. Brie's going to be the face of the MCU for the next decade after this level of popularity.

I think all the insecure little men might want to go back to watching Star Trek or whatever womanless hole they crawled out of for the next few MCU films.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join