It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China trade data - %20.7 drop in exports

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

This post is on point. The Yuan should stand on it's own instead of pegging it's value to the dollar.
edit on 8 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

they have to leverage their labor value and product price because they can't create their own technology (wtf is up with that anyway?) and they produce cheap products

so unless they keep their currency value low they have no leverage, otherwise, Germany, Japan and then the US (in that order) take over

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Correction Made In China yes.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
What is the normal downturn for wintertime?

Christmas is over, of course there will not be as much exported this time of year.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

is this a standard deviation from the norm?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
But if they crash, we crash.

Who is "we"? Countries with a trade dependency with China i.e. exports will be effected, otherwise the economies in the developed world have resilience in their diversity. They will suffer, but survive.

The question is what happens in China? How long will the dictatorship last with a tanking economy. Even with current levels of repression in China, a disgruntled population can get noisy. All these new military toys may come in handy to contrive a national distraction. Push an incident in the South China Sea and invade Vietnam, just like 1979, or make a play for some Japanese Islands, or Taiwan. Dictatorships tend not to last.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It's just trades in dollars.

China changed a lot of it's trade to either it's currency or the trading partners currency.

Many country's are doing this now.

They are preparing to switch from U.S. controlled electronic trading, credit cards etc. Swift.

The idea is to be able to cut of trade in dollars as the world is becoming tired if us bullying tactics, i.e. do what we want or we sanction you.

The dollar is in no way in trouble now, but I imagine in 10 years time it will be struggling if U.S. foreign policy continues the way it is.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Keep your eye on this because this is going to hit our markets and probably hard. See what happens Monday.

Well, the 8th the S&P closed at 2,743. The 11th (the monday following your OP) it closed at 2,783. OOPS. Overall it was a positive week closing at 2,822. Hard times delayed?

I know you don't want to admit it, but trump is on the precipice of victory here against china. That's why NK is making threats. That's why china is threatening to cancel trade negotiations. That's why the market responded positively to the news last week. This their last ditch effort to get Trump to blink. Luckily, he's a seasoned negotiator and see's these tactics for what they are.

I don't normally make predictions so here's your rare chance to come back and rub this in my face if I'm wrong: I expect a full trade deal before summer unless china has one last trick up their sleeve, then end of summer. If the end of summer comes with no trade deal, by all means, let me have it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join