It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why on earth are people still getting pensions?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: dollukka
Pension is earned ! You can´t say same of many other who get so called "free income" .

Pension is earned it makes their life of retirees a bit easier when sickness comes and it will come. Alzheimer, Parkinson, Lewy´s disease, heart problems etc. Retirees have right to their pension they have paid.

Young people seldom see what retirees face in their old age.. and it isn´t pretty !

They will need every penny!

Yes and what about all the people without a pension that are being forced to pay for them?
They too grow old and have sickness, etc.. Those people have a right to their hard earned money also.

This isn't just about old and young, there are plenty of old people that don't have a pension but have to pay for others pensions through higher taxes. Some people in Illinois are literally being taxed out of their houses. So who is right?

Do you complain this much when your taxes are spent on wars, healthcare for illegal immigrants, welfare, and food stamps?

I can't think of a more deserving use of our tax payer money than paying the pensions of the retirees who worked so hard to keep our society functioning.

Seriously. Not one. Everything else is # compared to this.

I would rather everyone have a pension instead of universal healthcare.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
To me, it seems weird that retirement age is still 65 in most juristictions.

Social Security was bought in at age 65 in the 1930's, when average life expectancy was 70-75. It was meant to give the retiree 5-10 years coverage before they passed away.

Now, with many living into their 90's, the retirement age hasn't changed. It should really be set at 80 or 85 if it kept up, but there's massive outcry if someone even suggests raising it by even a couple of years.

There should also be a financial barrier beyond which you no longer qualify for social security. If you have millions in the bank, why are you still getting a social security check every month?

Dying at 90 doesn't mean you spent your last 30 years living with quality of life.

The guy that trained me to do my job retired a couple years after I started. He needed to use a cane to get around his last few years. It's lucky we work in IT and get to sit at desks all day. He's not capable of working anymore.

Universal healthcare until everyone dies at 90 or 100 costs a hell of a lot more than pensions for everyone until they die from lack of healthcare.

If you're going to kill pensions because the state can't afford them anymore, I don't want to even hear anyone mention free healthcare. If pensions aren't possible, healthcare isn't even remotely worth consideration. It's 100x more expensive.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The problem is not pensions but allowing unions to dictate how much companies and states have to pay to pensioners the states with highest monies being spent on pensioners are mostly ones where state employees are union members.

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Wow, someone has pension derangement syndrome. God forbid some jobs still have this incredible benefit when most companies have done away with it out of greed. Not necessity. Greed. Another case of shareholder over employee.

Why would it matter one bit to you if some people still have the benefit of a pension? It has absolutely zero impact on your daily life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join